Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926963 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #2955 on: August 29, 2013, 10:19:31 pm »

A game where you play as an extremely depressed man that slowly spirals into madness, you have choices, but all the choices affect everything negatively in some way. At the end, your choices turn him into a serial killer, make him commit suicide, or seek psychological help and become an emotionless guinea pig in psychological study.
Sounds depressing as hell. Would not play.
The thing is, the game wouldn't tell you he was depressed, so the ending is incredibly shocking and tearjerking.  But I would shout with joy at each ending very much.

That doesn't seem really tearjerking. Without any reason or build-up it's just kind of mean spirited and out of the blue.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yerv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: August 29, 2013, 10:27:11 pm »

A game where you play as an extremely depressed man that slowly spirals into madness, you have choices, but all the choices affect everything negatively in some way. At the end, your choices turn him into a serial killer, make him commit suicide, or seek psychological help and become an emotionless guinea pig in psychological study.
The thing is, the game wouldn't tell you he was depressed, so the ending is incredibly shocking and tearjerking.  But I would shout with joy at each ending very much.

That doesn't seem really tearjerking. Without any reason or build-up it's just kind of mean spirited and out of the blue.
I mean, the game wouldn't blatantly state he's depressed, it would slowly build up, but the player hopes that it won't end horribly, they hope that this pathetic 30 year old man with no purpose or will to live gets through the bad times. But there is no hope.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: August 29, 2013, 10:54:32 pm »

An MMO shooter with permadeath where players form massive mega-corporations and higher-ups gain the ability to order lower-level players around (by changing the quests that their questgivers hand out). Players that teamkill are blackbarred from their guild/clan/corporation and become free game, so there's quite a bit of incentive to be a good little drone and follow orders. However, massive revolts can also become a thing, as well as backstabbing and assassination on the higher levels. All of this is ordered by players, to be executed by players. So sort of like EVE Online, except as an FPS.
Sounds like SF FPS Battlemaster :P

On that topic, I want an FPS set entirely in zero-/microgravity. It would be sci-fi themed for obvious reasons. The movement scheme would be very... original, and there would be a big learning curve, based around pushing off or holding on to various objects, jetting around, and just outright drifting.

Also, view/turning controls would be a bit different - your view wouldn't maintain a constant roll and pitch like it does in most FPSs, and you would have to carefully adjust it if you wanted to face the right way. Rotation on all three axes would be possible - but you could only turn so far (i.e. turning the head) before you would have to use thrusters or grab hold of something. To keep turning the camera from getting too difficult to control (i.e., spinning forever and requiring manual adjustment), there would be a control to automatically engage retrothrusters to help stabilize it (futuristic computer technology or something). Needless to say, though, this would not be game for the motion-sickness-prone.

The main method of maneuvering would be the jetpack (think those old NASA things). It would be built into whatever protective suit the player wore. As mentioned above, this jetpack would be sophisticated enough to allow turning on three axes, plus moving (from the player's point of view, of course) "up", "forward", and "sideways" (probably not down or backward, although there could be multiple versions of the jetpack with their own strengths and weaknesses, one or two of which would have such movement as special abilities). The jetpack would also have limited (but replenishable) fuel, however, which would partly incentivize grabbing and holding objects, as well as the fact that the jetpack would be a bit finicky to control compared with just holding a rail and clambering along.

Honestly, any first-person game would work (vehicular, for example - you could even work space vehicles into this). Hell, the combat would probably be secondary to the maneuvering. I just thought FPS because I've seen spaceship sims in the past - and because I got the idea while crudely simulating a jetpack in HL1 via cheat-commands, keybindings and macros. Flying through Black Mesa like you're in space with a jetpack turns out to be wildly fun.
Shattered Horizon sounds like the game for you. Sadly, its multiplayer-only last I checked and I don't know how active the community is anymore.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: August 29, 2013, 11:03:11 pm »

I've always wanted a game like that!

It'd be kind of like Ender's Game, only lethal
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: August 29, 2013, 11:16:00 pm »

This isn't really a game, but: http://www.depressionquest.com/.

Actually, linking it with the intent to play it as game might undermine the intentions behind the effort.
I want to play it as a game but the game is saying I shouldn't because I myself have Depression. Maybe I should just torture some Sims instead?
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: August 29, 2013, 11:56:11 pm »

Sandbox roaming game like GTA or Saints Row, IN SPACE! (not the Movie)

Like, instead of a city, you've got... something. Not one planet, like Red Faction Guerrilla, but, I don't know, something bigger in scope. Like, all of Space! Except you can somehow travel it like a city, open the door of a space shuttle, throw the pilot out and hijack it. With missions and sidequests and challenges and all that jazz, and the gameplay itself not too different from GTA / SR, so mostly running, shooting and stealing vehicles. Space vehicles! In Space!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: August 30, 2013, 12:02:57 am »

I would not be too surprised if that's what Saints Row 5 turns out to be.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: August 30, 2013, 06:49:40 am »

Like, instead of a city, you've got... something. Not one planet, like Red Faction Guerrilla, but, I don't know, something bigger in scope. Like, all of Space! Except you can somehow travel it like a city, open the door of a space shuttle, throw the pilot out and hijack it. With missions and sidequests and challenges and all that jazz, and the gameplay itself not too different from GTA / SR, so mostly running, shooting and stealing vehicles. Space vehicles! In Space!
Maybe a sort of "space station city?" For example, it could be a mining colony, with tons of asteroids with installations. Between asteroids could be a whole series of space stations, with different clusters of stations controlled by different companies.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: August 30, 2013, 10:10:47 pm »

I mean, the game wouldn't blatantly state he's depressed, it would slowly build up, but the player hopes that it won't end horribly, they hope that this pathetic 30 year old man with no purpose or will to live gets through the bad times. But there is no hope.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=137Ei0C3Vdg

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: August 30, 2013, 10:22:08 pm »

Maybe a sort of "space station city?" For example, it could be a mining colony, with tons of asteroids with installations. Between asteroids could be a whole series of space stations, with different clusters of stations controlled by different companies.

Yeah something like that, would be a bit like San Andreas with its 3 cities, and wilderness in-between (something unique amongst all the GTA franchises, which is one of the things I loved about SA). So, instead of forest, you'd have empty space with floating rocks, maybe you'd change into a suit when traveling but still would be seamless somehow...

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: August 30, 2013, 11:27:05 pm »

Or possibly a solar system. Could be ours, even.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: August 30, 2013, 11:30:50 pm »

I'd sort of like to see a fantasy-genre GTA.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: August 30, 2013, 11:37:30 pm »

Grand Theft Equine: steal dat ass.

"Zounds! It's the constables!"

EDIT: I apologize, I couldn't resist. It's not an excuse it's... an explanation of what happened.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 11:40:19 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: August 31, 2013, 10:54:31 am »

I would not be too surprised if that's what Saints Row 5 turns out to be.
Well, there no plans for a Saints Row 5. 4 is the last one in the series, and the dev team wants to move on and do other stuff. They've completed the story with those Saints.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: August 31, 2013, 01:57:23 pm »

Space Row.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 577