Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926844 times)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3120 on: September 21, 2013, 09:46:11 am »

I tried getting simearth using DOSbox, but im at the last step of installation and I need A disc...How do I deal with this...
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: September 21, 2013, 09:48:05 am »

I tried getting simearth using DOSbox, but im at the last step of installation and I need A disc...How do I deal with this...
You see, you aren't using an actual disk. DOSbox is there partially to emulate the disk. You just need to point it to the file that contains the disk data.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #3122 on: September 21, 2013, 11:53:36 am »

Where is the disk data...
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: September 21, 2013, 05:15:20 pm »

Where is the disk data...
You should have downloaded it with everything else? I did when I downloaded the few games I played on DOSbox, anyway. Just in there with the rest of the files.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: September 21, 2013, 05:25:51 pm »

Fully 3d real time hi-def dwarf fortress.

Also a fountain that cures cancer.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: September 21, 2013, 10:17:55 pm »

I have a few frighteningly fleshed-out ideas, complete with tentative titles (did I mention that these are all based on stereotypes and bound to offend someone?)

1. Gay Jewish Black Dude
Named for a Weird Al Yankovic lyric, this is a game where you play as a gay Jewish black dude. After GJBD fails to pay a loan shark, said lone shark's cronies drop GJBD into Dumbfuckistan, the far-right-wing 51st state. GJBD must fight his way past the KKK and militia goons (who make up the entire population of the state to the state's capital where the only airport is. He fights with a combination of conventional guns and stuff and the mystical powers given to him for being a gay Jewish black dude.

2. Kawaii Five-O
Kawaii is the 52nd US state in the shared universe with GJBD, not to be confused with Hawaii. It is, however, basically a clone thereof, but even more Japanese. You are a Japanese-American detective working for the Kawaii State Police Special Forces. After Yakuza kill your parents for failing to pay protection money on their store, you go loose cannon and begin your Roaring Rampage of Revenge. The game is basically like GTA from here on out, where you go around doing various ethically dubious missions along the way and roaring around Kawaii in your police cruiser. Possible side stories include stopping a volcano from erupting and piloting the KSPSF Mechanized Division's mecha against marauding kaiju (and you get to keep the mecha and stomp around the islands in it!).

3. Die Hard Furry
The original Die Hard set at a furry convention. The newest of these three ideas. Basically, given the premise, the rest of the game shouldn't be difficult to imagine - basic action with some twists, mixed with deconstruction of the action genre and lots of mocking furries. I don't know why I even thought of this one, I don't know why I think it should be a game, I don't know anything anymore.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: September 21, 2013, 10:30:42 pm »

Gay Jewish Black Dude

Oddly enough... I've seen Jewish Black Dude the game. Though he might have just been dark skinned.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: September 21, 2013, 10:52:34 pm »

SealyStar, have you played Postal 2? You should play Postal 2.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: September 22, 2013, 01:21:49 am »

Fully 3d real time hi-def dwarf fortress.

Also a fountain that cures cancer.

Dwarf Fortress with true mouse control and a "Civilization" mode where you go to war with other civs for dominance of the world.

You never know, maybe Toady will get there in his and our lifetimes. He's already gotten pretty damn far from where he started :P

EDIT: I put "their" when I meant "there". I hate myself forever now.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 01:35:28 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: September 22, 2013, 02:21:02 am »

-snip-
There's a very strong connecting theme here. To the point where they could probably all just be the same game.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: September 22, 2013, 07:25:11 am »

-snip-
There's a very strong connecting theme here. To the point where they could probably all just be the same game.
True. Except I want one to be a somewhat linear action-RPG, another to be a GTA-like, and another to basically be pure action with a corny theme.

Also, I have not played Postal 2. I'll look into it.

Edit: Okay, looking into it. That kind of crosses the line even for me. I think exploiting stereotypes is only funny when it's done with some precision; just mocking every group on Earth at the same time is only funny if you're Rucka Rucka Ali.

Edit 2: Shit, there really is a gay Jewish black dude! And a gay Jewish black dudette!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 07:50:39 am by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: September 22, 2013, 08:44:40 am »

Way off topic but If it's any consolation I once met a cultural Beta Israel (Ethiopian jew) at a uni bar who was rumoured to be fond of men. I have no idea if he was religiously jewish though and whether that corrupts your ideal view of a "gay jewish black dude".

Rather decent bloke with some interesting stories who sadly couldn't handle their liquor and was expelled from the bar a few hours later. I myself left a few minutes later due to a combination of boredom, tiredness and a strange lack of women interested in my retelling of the second Punic war (what gives?  :P).

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: September 22, 2013, 08:57:50 am »

A game in a MASSIVE random/procedurally genned world where the only goal is to wander, and overcome challenges that the world might throw at you.
I was thinking Steampunk universe, probably with anime-esque graphics.
Every biome that you can go through is genned from two lists.
One is a general theme of the biome, and the other is what it actually is.
Like, Stone Forest, or Holy Canyon, or Snowy Plains, etc.
After the general biome is genned, creatures are genned for the region with a set of parameters.
Size, Predator, Nocturnal, Material, Type, etc.
So while I'm camping out in a Stone Forest at night, I can be attacked by a pack of Lightning Wolves, or something.
Bandits are also a problem in whatever biomes they get selected to be in.
You can build land, and maybe air vehicles, I mean, it is a steampunk game, innit?
The game would have heavily orchestral music, for both combat and general wandering.
When in a vehicle, music is genned based on how fast you are moving, so combat between two fast moving vehicles would have a faster paced music than combat in a slow vehicle.
The game would have a third person perspective when on foot, with the option to switch to a isometric perspective when in a vehicle.
You can hire mercenaries, or even make friends that follow you for free on your journey.
I think I've covered all the bases here.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: September 22, 2013, 09:33:03 am »

A cyberpunk RPG with a heavy focus on roleplaying. Most likely a 'Mr. Johnson' simulator where you receive instructions/take contracts, plan the job and hand-pick a team to execute it. You maintain your contacts by meeting with them and talking to them using dialogue options (Which aren't just the usual 'friendly, neutral, asshole' choices) and assessing their capability and personality through these meetings as well as developing a professional relationship.

Is this mook a plant? He seems too clean. Is there anything that someone could use against them? Is there anything I could use as leverage? "Oh, you need this job to pay for your mother's cancer treatment?" Wonderful.

Combat should be rare, tactical, deadly and a clear sign that you have failed at your job. It would be important that there is no game over except via death, so you could be identified by a corporation and have to ditch your contacts, traceable assets and identity, starting over from square one.

I'm actually planning to make something similar to this, perhaps on a much smaller scale to begin with.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: September 24, 2013, 01:38:27 am »

Just here to make my bi-weekly wish for a freeform online shooter with large physics-enabled structures that can be completely destroyed from the inside out. :P

Why can't there be a Zelda game set in the future? I would kill to see Malon reimagined as a motorcycle enthusiast who gives you the prize of her collection when you beat her in a sick urban street race.

It's not like we're going to have any other good sci-fi Nintendo franchises, now that Metroid's all but dead. :(
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:51:18 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 577