Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926686 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #3810 on: March 23, 2014, 02:39:02 pm »

I feel like that could be done in a game mod.  I mean not by me, but someone actually capable of modding games.  There are a few games I could think of where you could add in alien invaders and it would turn into that kind of game.

Actually Galactic Civilizations 2 had a megaevent in one of the expansions that would cause the dread lords to invade mid-game.  Goes away from the premise a bit because everyone in GC2 is an alien, but still.  Similar.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: March 23, 2014, 03:07:23 pm »

I feel like that could be done in a game mod.  I mean not by me, but someone actually capable of modding games.  There are a few games I could think of where you could add in alien invaders and it would turn into that kind of game.

Actually Galactic Civilizations 2 had a megaevent in one of the expansions that would cause the dread lords to invade mid-game.  Goes away from the premise a bit because everyone in GC2 is an alien, but still.  Similar.
Warlock 1 has the armageddon mode, which is somewhat similar. You get invaded by some very strong aliens right in the early game, who then proceed to destroy everything, land included.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: March 23, 2014, 04:19:53 pm »

I kinda want to see Infinite Crisis, but set in the Marvel universe rather than DC Comics.
Not a huge fan of either of those, but if I really had to choose, I'd go with Iron Man and Doctor Doom rather than Batman and Joker.

blazing glory

« Reply #3813 on: March 23, 2014, 09:09:51 pm »

I kinda want to see Infinite Crisis, but set in the Marvel universe rather than DC Comics.
Not a huge fan of either of those, but if I really had to choose, I'd go with Iron Man and Doctor Doom rather than Batman and Joker.

Frankly I like DC comics rather then Marvel universe,I haven't seen the comic books but I find batman and such is better then super heros,Batman is someone who has suffered great tragedy and trained himself to his very peak and puts away crooks and mutants,while Superman and his lot are a bunch of idiots who just rush in to save the day because they have supah powars and are aliens! yeah...I prefer believable.

I'd like a game that for ONCE is a RPG is 1st/3rd person is NOT a fantasy game (so that means it has to be sci-fi/western/medival/so on) AND is 12-13 rated.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: March 23, 2014, 09:36:40 pm »

...Superman and Batman are both DC characters. What the hell are you talking about?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

blazing glory

« Reply #3815 on: March 23, 2014, 09:44:11 pm »

...Superman and Batman are both DC characters. What the hell are you talking about?

ah sorry,it's just my only real experience with Batman is the arkham series,so I assumed DC comics did semi-believable stuff while Marvel just did corny super hero's.

As I said I never read either comics.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: March 23, 2014, 10:08:19 pm »

If you want people punching mutants, Marvel is definitely the way to go :/  They've got the X-Men, after all...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: March 23, 2014, 10:11:09 pm »

If you want people punching mutants, Marvel is definitely the way to go :/  They've got the X-Men, after all...
>:I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: March 23, 2014, 10:20:54 pm »

MUTIES ARE PEOPLE TOO
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: March 23, 2014, 10:29:15 pm »

MUTIES ARE PEOPLE TOO

If they have non-human genetics, they technically aren't.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: March 23, 2014, 10:31:38 pm »

MUTIES ARE PEOPLE TOO

By that logic, intelligent aliens wouldn't be people either. Not a good road to go down.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: March 23, 2014, 10:38:49 pm »

MUTIES ARE PEOPLE TOO

By that logic, intelligent aliens wouldn't be people either. Not a good road to go down.

But they aren't people either o_O

Human supremacy. For the EMPRAH!
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: March 23, 2014, 11:58:24 pm »

Something along the lines of X-Com, in that it's squad-based and you go from mission to mission while also dealing with a more strategic layer in-between, but combating supernatural creatures and monsters rather than aliens. So you've got your vampires, your werewolves, mummies, etc. You could play the commander of a secret modern para-military organisation, or it could be set in medieval times.

I love the idea of struggling to balance the load-out of my troops for all the threats I might encounter, e.g., 'Crap, I've just rounded a corner and come face to face with a werewolf, but this trooper's cut off from the one with all the silver bullets. And if I use my last incendiary grenade now I'll be screwed if something summons a bunch of zombies'. And dealing with the various thematic abilities the creatures would have.

The only thing is it'd have to be done relatively seriously. There are more than enough cartoon-horror games where the monsters fall over each other and look less terrifying than what you'd find on an average episode of Scooby Doo. So no Hot Topic vampires, no werewolves who turn into puppies when they die, and definitely no puns.

How would you deal with infected soldiers?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: March 24, 2014, 12:40:43 am »

Nothing wrong with including cliche monsters, if only so players can have some idea how to deal with them. Just gotta include some more obscure/less-used things like the aforementioned mummy's curse.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: March 24, 2014, 01:48:38 am »

Research mechanics would be a good way of clueing the player in on how to deal with certain types. First mission against them is "Oh man, what do I do?", after capture/dissection research it's "I hope this tactic works."
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 577