Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 929536 times)

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #4575 on: October 16, 2014, 10:59:12 pm »

I want a new open world RPG that isn't turn-based and has a decent amout of detail.

Hm...The Witcher 3? Not sure how open-world that is (I'm not up on the news despite the fact this game is being made in the very country I live in), but seems like a good one to me.
I meant more like Morrowind but with a better render distance and better controls.
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: October 27, 2014, 07:29:26 pm »

How would you make a reverse arkham city game work? You're an ordinary person up against a foe stronger in every way (in this case a criminal escaping batman), and you need to escape with an ordinary persons toolset using your environment (a randomly generated bit of Gotham), without being saved by plot or grind. Writing it out, it sounds like a game where you'd die 11 different ways and then succeed by luck or bug, and be desperately attached. How exactly could you beat such a scenario through quick wits?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: October 27, 2014, 07:32:20 pm »

Not sure how that ties into anything, but here's an idea. You start out as an ordinary criminal... with just one thing on your side. Maybe you have a gun, or you know the hiding spots in this part of town, or you're a little faster then usual, or you have a torch. As the game goes on, you get more and more perks that grow increasingly outlandish until you're a full-blown supervillain.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: October 28, 2014, 06:58:20 am »

Not sure how that ties into anything, but here's an idea. You start out as an ordinary criminal... with just one thing on your side. Maybe you have a gun, or you know the hiding spots in this part of town, or you're a little faster then usual, or you have a torch. As the game goes on, you get more and more perks that grow increasingly outlandish until you're a full-blown supervillain.

Throw in the nemesis system, affecting both you and your criminal frienemies. It doesn't tie into anything, I'd just like to see how you'd make it work.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: October 28, 2014, 12:09:28 pm »

That sounds absolutely goddamn amazing.

I wonder if that's what would have happened if we explicitly ran That One Game on Genius rules...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: October 28, 2014, 12:15:24 pm »

I wonder if that's what would have happened if we explicitly ran That One Game on Genius rules...
I don't even want to see Joe Bridger with a scoped Soviet death ray.

Throw in the nemesis system, affecting both you and your criminal frienemies. It doesn't tie into anything, I'd just like to see how you'd make it work.
Actually, make it so that it affects superheroes. So not only do you have an ARCHNEMESIS (Who constantly bothers you but gives you neat bonuses, so if you kill him you're not getting that bonus back), you can also brainwash superheroes and pull a "There is a traitor amongst you!" moment.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: October 28, 2014, 12:18:45 pm »

Thinking about this lately. A game set on an alien planet (as in Alpha Centauri). The planet is not randomly generated, but a huge world map like one of the larger Total War games. Gameplay is kind of like total war, and the map is divided up in to provinces, but you have to build colonies and upgrades on the map too. A colony will claim a province and then can be upgraded. Combat would be total war style too I think.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: October 28, 2014, 02:02:26 pm »

Doom: The Roguelike: The FPS

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: October 28, 2014, 03:42:33 pm »

Terraform wars.  Using a planet to kill each other.

HE BUILT A CITY IN A VALLEY?!  FLOOD IT!

Name of the game is to kill your opponents without destroying the planet/yourself.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: October 28, 2014, 03:59:43 pm »

Doom: The Roguelike: The FPS

you mean like this:  https://soulsphere.org/projects/smmu/textdoom/

or like this:  http://www.old-games.com/download/7222/ascii-doom

Certainly you dont actually mean this:  http://doom.chaosforge.org/  or you wouldn't have said 'FPS'.

If you just mean doom with procedural levels (gotta be specific about what you mean when you say 'Rougelike', not many games go full-berlin) then there is this:  http://pcg.wikidot.com/pcg-software:oblige  and this: http://pcg.wikidot.com/pcg-games:dungeon-doom

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: October 28, 2014, 04:17:50 pm »

Name of the game is to kill your opponents without destroying the planet/yourself.

Someone makes one of those about every week. Godius is an example.
Well, almost like that. Terraform wars, yes.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: October 28, 2014, 04:29:55 pm »

May be a bit too literal, but: Solar 2

No terraforming tho, hehe.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: October 28, 2014, 04:53:42 pm »

To add on the "DoomRL FPS", i noticed this recently :
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=37044

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: October 28, 2014, 05:02:19 pm »

I don't even want to see Joe Bridger with a scoped Soviet death ray.

Scoped Soviet death ray is an accurate description of that monstrosity sans magitek.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: October 29, 2014, 08:43:07 am »

Someone makes one of those about every week. Godius is an example.
Well, almost like that. Terraform wars, yes.

You mean Godus?  I heard that's kind a crappy thing.  I want to be able to level mountains with giant superweapons and cause sandstorms that ravage the planet.  That sort of stuff.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 577