Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926782 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6030 on: October 10, 2015, 01:10:19 pm »

Yeah, and 40k isn't really about individual characters; there's very few individuals that could survive adventuring in the 40k universe on their own, and the majority of them are Space Marines or Chaos demons.

It'd be fun if you could play as any one of those. Inquisitor, Space Marine, guardsman, colonel, tanker, CSM, assassin. etc.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6031 on: October 10, 2015, 01:55:19 pm »

Half-Life 3.

That's a game I wish existed.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: October 10, 2015, 02:09:18 pm »

It's been a long time. I'm starting to fear that it might be like Duke Nukem Forever, assuming they're actively working on it and not biding their time for something else.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6033 on: October 10, 2015, 02:22:27 pm »

Yeah, and 40k isn't really about individual characters; there's very few individuals that could survive adventuring in the 40k universe on their own, and the majority of them are Space Marines or Chaos demons.
Except no.
Rogue Traders, Inquisitors, lot's of random mercenaries, etc. While they indeed do have retinues they could proably fend off for themselves.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: October 10, 2015, 02:59:03 pm »

Now that we're on 40k talk, I would love an empire building RPG based on Rogue Trader. Bring your family name to the edges of the Imperiums light and build your own trade empire across multiple sectors. Hire former Guard and Navy personnel to staff estates on all your local imperial worlds and to man your fleet. Trade in alien artifacts; most Tau and Eldar goods require good relationship building and weapons/tech require........creative trade ideas. Find chaos artifacts, immediately be contacted by the Inquisition and be given an offer you can't refuse. Amass your personal army and navy towards installing your distant cousins as planetary governors so you can build factories to produce weapons and armor to smuggle to civil warzones on unstable planets.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6035 on: October 10, 2015, 03:31:49 pm »

immediately be contacted by the Inquisition and be given an offer you can't refuse
Inquisiton is good, but not that good.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: October 10, 2015, 07:40:29 pm »

If you made a game of it you could just control a large amount of guards using something similar to the swarming of locusts.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: October 10, 2015, 08:05:48 pm »

I like the Prospector RL system, that uses away-team memers as hitpoints.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6038 on: October 11, 2015, 04:51:56 am »

If you made a game of it you could just control a large amount of guards using something similar to the swarming of locusts.
Actually, it would be much funnier if that was one guardsman. You would die a lot, that's for sure, but with incoming promotions and better gear (if you live), possibly even getting to drive a tank or something, your chances to live would incerase, up to the point where you would have to be really unlucky to die. It would really give a meaning to what you have achieved because you need skill and insane amounts of luck.

It actually reminds me of "All Guardsmen Party" and "Darwinian Character Creation". That's how I would want my Imperial Guardsmen game.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: October 11, 2015, 05:03:57 am »

I want Super Mario Maker, but for the classic id software FPS verse (Wolf 3D, Doom 1 and 2, Quake 1 thru 3). Make small levels using pieces from all the games, play and rate others' levels.

They'd probably have to compromise on some mechanics in order to make all the pieces play nice, but modern Doom WADs are so removed from the original that you might as well just play Quake anyway :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: October 11, 2015, 05:10:27 am »

wh 40 k analogue of battlefront

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: October 11, 2015, 07:10:39 am »

There's a Source mod in the works, at least.

Unfortunately, the human side is the bloody Smurfs. And it doesn't seem too active. Although the most recent update was today, the one before that was in May.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6042 on: October 11, 2015, 07:18:23 am »

There's a Source mod in the works, at least.

Unfortunately, the human side is the bloody Smurfs. And it doesn't seem too active. Although the most recent update was today, the one before that was in May.
Actually, the "human side" is now Blood Angels AFAIK. You can easily change that with skins that are on the page tho. Also they hold games like every day but any meaningful number of people (6+) is on weekends.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: October 11, 2015, 04:21:19 pm »

Actually, it would be much funnier if that was one guardsman. You would die a lot, that's for sure, but with incoming promotions and better gear (if you live), possibly even getting to drive a tank or something, your chances to live would incerase, up to the point where you would have to be really unlucky to die. It would really give a meaning to what you have achieved because you need skill and insane amounts of luck.

It actually reminds me of "All Guardsmen Party" and "Darwinian Character Creation". That's how I would want my Imperial Guardsmen game.

I always wondered how an entire faction of unmodified squishy humans who would die if sneezed at by pretty much any other unit in existence, suddenly acquire a strength on par with Power-Armored demigods and Orks just by being promoted to a Comissar or Commander. This is entirely judging by the computer games, I have no experience with the fluff or the miniature games.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: October 11, 2015, 04:44:19 pm »

It's not really that, it's the wheat from the chaff. In the early days, what passes for a commissar now may have been a proto-space marine, genetically speaking. In terms of potential anyway, prior to all the augmentation.

Besides, how many millions of Imperial Guards die before you notice a noteworthy commissar? I mean, I don't think the commissars even really fare all that well against anything else in the galaxy, they're just up a step above the rank and file IGs.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 05:13:30 pm by Niveras »
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 577