Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 926839 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #6960 on: June 24, 2016, 09:09:43 am »

A "light" version of Dwarf Fortress with 2d graphics, kinda like Stronghold or some city building games.

There are a ton if these, like rimworld, some Dungeon Keeper indi game or df-noob-package

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: June 25, 2016, 06:54:28 am »

I wish there were an ARMA-like game with mechs. Not sleek, fast anime-style mechs, but shitty clunkers with damageable subsystems, ammo stores that can totally take a direct hit and cook off, even motor damage so that individual joints can lock up upon receiving damage. Of course, all of this is happening in a wide open sandbox with plenty of varied terrain for many kinds of mechs to fight in, including (supersized) traditional tanks and armored vehicles.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6962 on: June 25, 2016, 11:38:31 am »

I wish there were an ARMA-like game with mechs. Not sleek, fast anime-style mechs, but shitty clunkers with damageable subsystems, ammo stores that can totally take a direct hit and cook off, even motor damage so that individual joints can lock up upon receiving damage. Of course, all of this is happening in a wide open sandbox with plenty of varied terrain for many kinds of mechs to fight in, including (supersized) traditional tanks and armored vehicles.
Right? The closest you can get to this is Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries, really.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: June 25, 2016, 11:42:01 am »

MW4: Mercs was a good game, though many fans of the series hard the MS Game Studios' spin on it. MW3/MW4 were fun games, you could even download them and play online for free before MWO got monopolistic... :(
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: June 27, 2016, 08:33:04 am »

A game in which you play a dashing swashbuckler, with very flowing, swashbuckly combat, swinging from ropes, sliding down railings and similar Errol Flynn/Three Musketeers style combat. With a very light-hearted tale of fun adventure and wacky hijinks instead of the more dour approach to storytelling games seem to be taking on nowadays.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: June 27, 2016, 08:59:09 am »

A game in which you play a dashing swashbuckler, with very flowing, swashbuckly combat, swinging from ropes, sliding down railings and similar Errol Flynn/Three Musketeers style combat. With a very light-hearted tale of fun adventure and wacky hijinks instead of the more dour approach to storytelling games seem to be taking on nowadays.
Something like a non-parodic Monkey Island, in action-adventure rather than text-adventure format? I could get behind that.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: June 27, 2016, 09:14:26 am »

Something like a non-parodic Monkey Island, in action-adventure rather than text-adventure format? I could get behind that.
I mean it can be as parodic as it likes as long as there's swashbuckly action present.

MASTAFLIPS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: June 27, 2016, 03:00:36 pm »

i wish for a game where its like space station 13 but on earth where you can drive do wars and other stuff

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: June 27, 2016, 03:30:05 pm »

Shouldnt the failures to your standard, suggest that its really hard?

What? Hard to start with a working formula and then make it better without fucking it up? No, I don't think it is. Every game that hasn't met my standard has tried to break away from what made Gauntlet work, or tried to re-interpret what works in a way that is dumb.

For example, Gauntlet 2015? It's not an endless mode of 99 levels to progressively go deeper into for long periods of time. It has a 3 act game with difficulty levels, and a store for buying a couple useless upgrades between replaying _the same_ levels over and over again.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: June 28, 2016, 11:42:45 am »

I swear I've seen a game like this mentioned on Extra Credits once, but whatever:

A small MMO where you live in a hotel, apartment complex, or maybe an extremely cramped gated community; the point is, lots of people living in oppressive little boxes. The objective is to break into other people's houses to steal their livelihood, while also preventing the same for yourself. Overt combat is forbidden in the hallways, but that's only a problem if you get caught. After all, that guy's been eyeing your front door for some time now, and with permadeath, you want to be the one to shoot first.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:45:23 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6970 on: June 28, 2016, 02:09:32 pm »

I swear I've seen a game like this mentioned on Extra Credits once, but whatever:

A small MMO where you live in a hotel, apartment complex, or maybe an extremely cramped gated community; the point is, lots of people living in oppressive little boxes. The objective is to break into other people's houses to steal their livelihood, while also preventing the same for yourself. Overt combat is forbidden in the hallways, but that's only a problem if you get caught. After all, that guy's been eyeing your front door for some time now, and with permadeath, you want to be the one to shoot first.
Castle Doctrine is literally that game.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: June 29, 2016, 12:34:43 am »

Well, not quite. But it follows the same premise.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: July 06, 2016, 04:20:03 pm »

I imagined a game just recently where the main character is conscious of the forth wall, and the only character in the in-game universe that IS, so nobody believes him. Storywise though, this would be represented by him mentally 'hearing' all the player's controller inputs, and rather than being directly controlled, he simply chooses to listen to them.

Basically, his character arc would be something like: You'd start the game Chrono Trigger style, with the MC waking up in his bed room, you'd get the stereotypical onscreen prompt "Use Joystick to move around" and the player would probably try moving around, but the Main Character would not only not move around, but be initially startled and confused, having a schizophrenic voice in his head telling him to move around. He'd initially completely ignore the 'voices' and continue about his day, making the 'tutorial' seem completely broken and busted. He'd also be able to see the onscreen prompt and wonder what the hell these intangible letters in his bedroom are, and then go to take a shower and wonder why his privates are blurred out with a mosaic, it'd be a startling realization to being a videogame character.

The MC's personality is that he's an utter and complete loser with no motivation in life, being a filthy, jobless, and completely unambitious mooch on everyone around him. His character development throughout the game would be that he'd be initially trying to ignore your commands, then reluctantly obeying as he grows accustomed to them, then indifferently following them as he sees that he is now being touted as being 'successful' and 'getting his life together', then as the game goes on he becomes happier and happier with the life that the "Voice in his head" aka You The Player have given him, and he becomes increasingly eager to follow your commands even when that means doing things he finds morally reprehensible. Near the end of the game, he'd be a complete sociopath who's totally divorced from all sense of personal accountability for his actions.

Then at the very, very end of the game, at the final boss, he'd realize "Oh... shit... this is the end" and then start disobeying you active again, as he wants to prolong the game because he knows once he finishes  the last challenge in the game, his "Voice" will leave him, and he'll be alone and worthless again. Once you try to force him to face the last challenge, he has a mental breakdown, and bawls and cries on the ground, begging you to remain with him forever, and how much you mean everything to him. I haven't decided how I think the game should end, besides him sabotaging your efforts to win so you HAVE to keep playing.

I think that'd be interesting.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: July 07, 2016, 02:47:18 am »

That sounds a lot like The Stanley Parable. I imagine that it would be very difficult to do as a scripted thing and would probably feel sort of hollow. To do it procedurally sounds like a nightmare of A.I. design, but I guess that is sort of the whole point. It sounds pretty much like Beat the Turing Test: The Game...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: July 07, 2016, 12:56:48 pm »

A Mad Max MMORPG that mixes up the aesthetics of the recent game, with an old Star Wars Galaxies classless approach, with full player economy, Eve Online like dynamic faction map, and Car Mechanic 2016 style car fixing/altering.

Roles:

Scavenging/scrapping things to sell.
Hunting/cooling wasteland critters.
Black fingers (mechanics). Putting together cars. Fixing cars. Modding cars.
Oil drilling.
Water finding/pumping.
Trading crap between strongholds.
Banditry.
Defending traders from banditry.
Going a bit nuts and eating people.

World:

Like EVE has star base, this game would have strongholds. You can visit them/keep your car in them provided you aren't aligned with a team that is at war with the faction that controls the stronghold. They are little islands of safety where you can talk/trade/ply your cooking/mechanic trade etc. Pit fight?

Large dust storms could replenish the scrap fields by "revealing" old boat wrecks and stuff that had been hidden by the shifting sands.

Basic focus of course would be your car. Keeping it maintained. Being uber afraid of getting taken out by packs of nasty people.

Meta game would be organizing the take-over of enemy faction strong holds. Or cornering the market on spark plugs.

I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 577