Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1405058 times)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.34.04 r1
« Reply #675 on: February 29, 2012, 07:42:27 pm »

From Toady's explanation, .04 appears to be a very small tweak concerning woldgen and image exports.  I would imagine that the entire "get DFHack to work" would be to update the version number and let it loose.
Yes. Only a tiny bit of code changed. The memory layout was not affected.
Dude, shut up!  You should be milking this!

YES, KIND FORUMDWELLERS!  GATHER ROUND AND HEAR THE TALE OF MIGHTY PETERIX AND HIS LEGION OF DFHACK BRETHREN! TIRELESSLY THEY TOIL FOR LONG HOURS INTO THE NIGHT TO BRING YOU THIS LATEST AND GREATEST OF UPDATES!  THOUSANDS OF HOURS AND TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS SPENT TO BRING YOU THIS INCONCEIVABLE FEAT OF SOFTWARE MANIPULATION!
I wish this forum had an animated smiley face for :ROFL:  :D

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 01, 2012, 01:14:25 am »

trying job-material SILVER for an iron mail shirt returns
Job Item 0 has different material: coal

Alexander86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 01, 2012, 06:09:20 am »

Can someone do a better guide of the tyletypes command? I saw peterixs examples way back in september but this thing is really confusing.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 01, 2012, 09:18:24 am »

trying job-material SILVER for an iron mail shirt returns
Job Item 0 has different material: coal
"job item-material 1 SILVER" will work though.  Forging is a bit different from most reactions, it's easier to perform a "manual" hack using the "job" plugin.  I successfully queued an iron helm to be made, though I prefer steel so I'm going to cancel the task.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 01, 2012, 09:46:10 am »

that did something, but the job disappears as soon as I look away from the shop.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 01, 2012, 09:50:14 am »

No idea then, as I said forging jobs follow a slightly different method.  You can easily go into the raws and add [ITEMS_ARMOR] to the silver entry and allow you to forge silver armor at the forge.  This modification does not require a new world (I think).

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 01, 2012, 11:38:35 am »

Maybe it needs a coal and 2 silver?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 01, 2012, 02:17:21 pm »

Mail shirts do take two bars of metal. Also greaves take two, and breastplates take three.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 01, 2012, 03:51:36 pm »

OK so somehow my reservoir turned stagnant. It's a simple design, a hole with a 1x1 tunnel out, in which lies a pump. Other side of the pump is an open space into which the river flows. The river is stagnant, hence the pump.

Upon finding it stagnant, I used the liquids->vclean command. Voila, unstagnant reservoir. Until I unpause, at which point half of it (from a specific line onwards) becomes stagnant again.

Am I misunderstanding how the command works, or am I missing something about how stagnancy spreads? Shouldn't the reservoir be fine after a vclean (should've been fine to start anyway, no idea why it went stagnant)? Why would only part of it become stagnant?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 01, 2012, 04:49:50 pm »

I think what might be happening with the rivers is that the game places the rivers and pools at separate times, and where a tile is set to contain both river and murky pool the game doesn't make sure the stagnancy flag for the tile is set for the tile being part of a river. It would account for the uneven placing of the stagnant tiles in the river, the stagnant wall tiles, and the river overwriting the pool would perhaps be the reason that murky pools sometimes lack ramps on walls that are close to a river. The ground on the wall between pool and river can sometimes be a little strange too. My current map has a loamy sand tile atop a peat wall.

I tried a 1000x1000 area wclean and then reduced the water level in one of the formerly murky pools. The water didn't turn stagnant again. Maybe you're missing a tile somewhere?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 01, 2012, 05:49:32 pm »

From Blah

"You can make a macro that sets up all the uniforms you want."

My hack requests for uniforms was so I could mix and match Leather Headwear and Metal Leggings for example.

You can't specify Headwear when doing Helm's.  you have to specify caps, helms, or whatever.

The Leather Headwear covers Helm's, Caps, etc.

It would be nice if dhack would allow me to create a uniform that would allow me to import this non selectable Headware option.

I posted a followup post here regarding the issue specifically

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103136.msg3048995#msg3048995

DVeL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r8 (current)
« Reply #686 on: March 01, 2012, 06:00:24 pm »

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but if I run seedwatch on my fort, my FPS frops from 70-90 down to 25 (and as soon as I type "seedwatch stop" it goes right back to the previous FPS)

Any ideas on why/how I can fix this?
You could, but someone else was quicker. The issue is that it runs too often and just hogs the CPU (each run scanning through all items). Should be fixed in next release (and is already fixed in current code).

I am sure i am talking about the very same problem, which i encountered intensively using workflow - each added job in workflow substracted about 5 FPS, so now the game is very slow... and i DEFINITELY do not want to give up on such a useful feature =)
And because this jobs are mostly of low priority ("Urist, we need this stone doors NOW! Don`t waste precious time, begin construction IMMIDEATLY!!"  :D), this slowing scans can also be reduced a great deal.
Thank you!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 01, 2012, 06:11:17 pm »

Your request for enabling "headgear" on uniforms is more specific, but I'd think this would be more of a proper DF suggestion rather than a Hack suggestion.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 01, 2012, 07:21:26 pm »

Would it be possible to have 'reveal caverns' and 'reveal magma' features, plus an unreveal to go with each of them?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 01, 2012, 08:33:57 pm »

Your request for enabling "headgear" on uniforms is more specific, but I'd think this would be more of a proper DF suggestion rather than a Hack suggestion.

I agree wholeheartedly, but I find it hard to believe that my suggestions are gonna make it to final product.  It is nice to see some of them listed in the development area, but if it went into dfhack, I'm sure Toady would take note eventually.  Besides, a dfhack might get it implemented quicker without needing a release update which would require all sorts of chaos amongst the modders.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 373