Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407797 times)

rooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.05 r1
« Reply #795 on: March 08, 2012, 07:55:01 am »

thanks alot for the new version. I have a question regarding dfhack; I've been trying to get a perfect embark with a volcano for ages now and wasted days trying. Suddenly it hit me; can't i just create my own free fuel babyvolcano with dfhacks liquids?

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 08, 2012, 08:06:03 am »

can't i just create my own free fuel babyvolcano with dfhacks liquids?

Yes you can. You can use the simple and cheaty approach and put one single magma tile under each furnace/forge. Or you could place a huge chunk of magma somewhere near your fortress and have some fun digging it out. The only problem is that you canīt build magma furnaces and forges BEFORE you have discovered the "real" magma sea, so you still need to dig down there, too.

Valdrax

• Bay Watcher
  • HUGE ELF (bluh bluh)
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 08, 2012, 08:48:02 am »

Two questions -- one technical, one feature request:

1.  Out of curiosity, why does the Linux version of DFHack use LD_PRELOAD instead of bundling with a version of SDL or some other library like on Windows?  (I ask because my distro's version of glibc disables LD_PRELOAD for security purposes.)

2.  Would it be possible to extend dfprospect to guess at magma levels in the embark screen (or at least where the volcanism hits 100%)?
The history of a good fortress is not written in blood, it's painted on the walls by the hand of a melancholy orphan.

Antalia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 08, 2012, 09:14:57 am »

Hi Peterix & DFHack experts,

I have been looking at using the "dwarfexport" plugin of DFHack, to replace a function I was previously doing with Runesmith. The description of my project is in another thread if you are interested: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103900.0

Basically the dwarfexport plugin almost does what I need, but the XML file it generates does not include some data that my utility was using. The missing details are dwarf ages, currently enabled labors, and skill levels.

I am exploring several options for accessing this data with my program in DF2012 (since Runesmith won't be updated for at least a while). So one thing I did is, I looked at your dwarfexport.cpp on GitHub, and modules/units.cpp. It looks like the dwarf ages (line 145 in units.cpp, I think) and enabled labors (line 143 in units.cpp) are currently accessible in the creature object used by dwarfexport. I didn't see the skill levels, though.

I wouldn't like to ask you to do any work for me--my project is at least a little bit silly :) But I thought it might be worth asking--do you have plans to expand the dwarfexport plugin to write this data to XML, like Runesmith did? I have a feeling based on what I've seen browsing the code, that the ages and enabled labors might not be very difficult to export, but the skill levels could take more effort.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day :)
Author of Saga of Nutscaves, a tale of unsafe working conditions, plague, and worse

Creator of Dwarf Organizer, a Java application to help assign labor in your fortress

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 08, 2012, 11:17:34 am »

Antalia, you could always fork the DFHack source, and expand the XML export tool to contain all the information you want.
Peterix is really good at merging forks into his source trunk.
Runesmith uses DFHack to get it's data, so it's all there.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 08, 2012, 11:21:24 am »

PTW
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #801 on: March 08, 2012, 11:32:03 am »

Out of curiosity, why does the Linux version of DFHack use LD_PRELOAD instead of bundling with a version of SDL or some other library like on Windows?  (I ask because my distro's version of glibc disables LD_PRELOAD for security purposes.)
Probably because the "replace SDL" trick was only done on Windows because that's the only way it could reasonably be done - if LD_PRELOAD was possible on Windows, we'd be using it.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 08, 2012, 11:48:23 am »

actually, there is an experimental build that does the equivilant of replacing the dll, unless I mis-understand the purpose of the eggy branch.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 08, 2012, 11:59:31 am »

Thank you for the update!  :)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 08, 2012, 12:43:03 pm »

actually, there is an experimental build that does the equivilant of replacing the dll, unless I mis-understand the purpose of the eggy branch.

Only it's libgraphics.so, i.e. a part of Dwarf Fortress that is linked into the exe on windows, but separate and open-source on linux. It basically hooks directly into the rendering code of the game in order to do some more fancy stuff.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:45:10 pm by ag »

rooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 08, 2012, 01:36:49 pm »

can't i just create my own free fuel babyvolcano with dfhacks liquids?

Yes you can. You can use the simple and cheaty approach and put one single magma tile under each furnace/forge. Or you could place a huge chunk of magma somewhere near your fortress and have some fun digging it out. The only problem is that you canīt build magma furnaces and forges BEFORE you have discovered the "real" magma sea, so you still need to dig down there, too.

hmm. good point on the enabling of magma buildings. But wait; I'm pretty sure I discovered the magma sea on my volcano fort when a magma crab threw one of my furnace operators off the ridge, yet I could still make furnaces before this ocurance

Is it not so much the magma sea but more that you need to ''discover'' natural lava? And are there any ways around this? I really like deep maps and intend to keep fps at max so having to go down all the way would kinda ruin it.

The reason i'm looking for a ''fix'' is because all the volcano's i've worked with in 0.34+ have been 20-60 z levels high mountains instead of flat bubbling wells of lava.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 08, 2012, 01:38:37 pm »

I suppose it would work if you put down some lava into a hidden part of a cavern and then discovered it.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #807 on: March 08, 2012, 01:43:02 pm »

The trigger isn't "discovering magma in a newly revealed area" - the trigger is discovering the appropriate map feature, specifically either a volcano, a magma pool, or a magma sea. If you're particularly tricky, you might be able to grab a suitably ordinary map block, set its global feature index to that of the magma sea (there might actually be more than one), then set the "is global feature" flag on a particular tile and dig to it to trigger the "You have discovered the magma sea" message and enable the magma workshops.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 08, 2012, 02:31:42 pm »

Thanks for the grow plants and immolate all functions being usable when dead, that's one bandit leader roasted.

What Format is the exported maps in, and can I transfer them to the arena?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 06:04:28 pm by Courtesy Arloban »
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

idgarad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 08, 2012, 04:00:36 pm »

for the workload module I am writing a script I intend to cut and paste when I build a fortress as shown below:
Code: [Select]
#FOOD & DRINK STOCKS
#Food 200 Drink 500 +- 50
workflow count FOOD 200 50
workflow count DRINK 500 50

#STEEL Production
workflow count BAR//COAL 100
workflow count BAR//IRON 100
workflow count BAR//PIG_IRON 50
workflow count BAR//STEEL 100

#PROCESS BASIC PLANT GOODS
#Quarry Bush
  # PlantProcess (via Farmer's Workshop)
workflow
  # Milling (via Millstone or Quern)
  # Brewing (via Still)
  # Cooking (Via Kitchen)

#Cave Wheat
  # PlantProcess
  # Milling
workflow
  # Brewing
workflow
  # Cooking

#Plump Helmets
  # PlantProcess
  # Milling
  # Brewing
  # Cooking

#Pig Tail
  # PlantProcess
  # Milling
  # Brewing
  # Cooking
#Sweet Pod
  # PlantProcess
  # Milling
  # Brewing
  # Cooking
#Dimple Cup
  # PlantProcess
  # Milling
  # Brewing
  # Cooking
#Whip Vine
  # PlantProcess
  # Milling
  # Brewing
  # Cooking
#Sun Berry
  # PlantProcess
  # Milling
  # Brewing
  # Cooking
#Fisher Berry
  # PlantProcess
  # Milling
  # Brewing
  # Cooking
#Bloated Tuber
  # PlantProcess
  # Milling
  # Brewing
  # Cooking
#Prickle Berry
  # PlantProcess
  # Milling
  # Brewing
  # Cooking
#Muck Root
  # PlantProcess
  # Milling
  # Brewing
  # Cooking
#Wild Strawberry
  # PlantProcess
  # Milling
  # Brewing
  # Cooking
#Rope Read
  # PlantProcess
  # Milling
  # Brewing
  # Cooking
#Rat Weed
  # PlantProcess
  # Milling
  # Brewing
  # Cooking
#Silver Barb
  # PlantProcess
  # Milling
  # Brewing
  # Cooking
#Valley Herb
  # PlantProcess
  # Milling
  # Brewing
  # Cooking
#Kobold Bulb
  # PlantProcess
  # Milling
  # Brewing
  # Cooking
#Hide Root
  # PlantProcess
  # Milling
  # Brewing
  # Cooking
#Blade Weed

My question is is there a way to remove all constraints such as a "workload unlimit all" I've tested workload unlimit * and all which do not work. I would like to have it at the beginning of the script to clear any existing settings if possible. Also I am starting a thread to store this script so others can use it for quick reference. Any suggestions in that thread for specific examples are welcome.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 04:15:26 pm by idgarad »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 373