Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407802 times)

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.05 r1
« Reply #945 on: March 24, 2012, 11:50:18 am »

Be patient people.  Besides, I need time to set up some traps to catch the animals wandering my map.  I hope that grizzly bear that's roaming around doesn't go anywhere.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Guedez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 24, 2012, 01:44:24 pm »

so.. it does NOT work on .06 or just most stuff don't? (i could live with just reveal/prospect working, since it's the only thing i use)

sasasmylee

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 24, 2012, 02:30:03 pm »

so.. it does NOT work on .06 or just most stuff don't? (i could live with just reveal/prospect working, since it's the only thing i use)
say's unknown version of DF or something like that on startup.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 24, 2012, 03:50:37 pm »

I really just want to use stonesense with this build.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #949 on: March 24, 2012, 03:57:13 pm »

We're working on it guys :)

Should be available tomorrow, unless something horrible happens.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 24, 2012, 04:21:51 pm »

We're working on it guys :)

Should be available tomorrow, unless something horrible happens.

we're talking about DF, horrible things happening is normal.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 24, 2012, 04:40:10 pm »

Is this the right place to make requests for new utilities? I have two I'd like to see:

- A utility that goes through the list of dwarves and makes a burrow for each one containing all of the dwarf's owned items and his bedroom. This should resolve 'cancels store owned item' spam more quickly than waiting for ownership to lapse.

- A utility that monitors the number of adult dwarves and raises or lowers the migration cap to maintain a certain number of adult dwarves in the fort, rather than making the player save and restart just because the last wave's 20 kids sent them over the pop cap but they don't have enough workers yet.
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 24, 2012, 10:28:42 pm »

OK...   probably a silly question...  but is there any handy URL/reference to find out what item keywords to use for workflow constraints?  The readme is a bit...  terse on the subject.    (Hardly surprising given how much info it'd need to cover, really.)

I want to keep a constant minimum reserve of mechanisms, grates, hatch covers, etc... and guessing isn't the best method to find out what works.   I can say that 'workflow count MECHANISMS/METAL,ROCK 30' & variations thereof doesn't.  ::) 

Perhaps it'd be possible to modify the output of 'workflow jobs' to display the appropriate constraint keywords for jobs that are already in production?

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 10:41:52 pm by Eater of Vermin »
Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)

Rinin_Rus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 25, 2012, 12:16:08 am »

First of all look at:
this thread 
\DF\raw\objects
and "workflow jobs" output
He has a lot of willpower,  but he has very little linguistic ability

Buoyancy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 25, 2012, 12:24:59 am »

I find most of them in the raws.  Haven't been able to find milk yet.  For mechanisms, you want TRAPPARTS.

Goran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 25, 2012, 12:37:42 am »

Since I completely lack the skill to make any sort of utility for DF Hack (my programming skills are still somewhere in early '90-ies) I would suggest one and cross my fingers someone sees the advantage in making this one.

I would like a utility which would parse the map and convert all artificial constructions into natural stone formation. I expect this would heavily improve FPS and stocks management since advanced forts can have thousands, if not tens of thousands of stone blocks forming megaprojects, walls, etc..

Plus, it would be ueber cool, since you could then engrave these surfaces as well. And much much less clutter.

I have no idea how difficult this would be to make, or if possible at all, but I can hope.

Thanks to anyone who takes this into consideration.

Goran

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 25, 2012, 12:57:50 am »

Constructions are the only way the game can store walls that are of a material that does not occur naturally in the area. If you are in a granite layer, you can have natural granite walls, natural obsidian, and nothing else. unless it's a mineral vein.

telamon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 25, 2012, 01:26:26 am »

@Goran: I'd be willing to bet that, if you used tiletypes REALLY carefully, you could filter to constructed walls and convert them all into natural walls, and make a similar command for floors/stairs. I'm pretty sure the option for constructions is in there. You'd have to set a really big brush (I don't remember what all the brushes are either >_> and ofc with such a big brush, any errors in your filter will become apparent in a big way) but in theory it would work. The material of the wall might get messed up as Japa said; I haven't tried it so I have no idea what'll happen for sure.

Either way, try playing with tiletypes; you can probably find at least some of the functionality you are looking for without having to get a new plugin altogether.
Playing DF on Windows 98 since.... ?
At 55 frames per minute.

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 25, 2012, 01:49:09 am »

Thanks Rinun_Rus.

I also found the start of a list in another thread re: workflow scripting.  It was far from complete, but got me pointed at the RAWs...  and, of course, I can't find that thread again now.   ::)

I find most of them in the raws.  Haven't been able to find milk yet.  For mechanisms, you want TRAPPARTS.

TRAPPARTS?    Many thanks!  No wonder I couldn't work that 'un out.  /facepalm.
Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)

telarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 25, 2012, 08:05:16 am »

So once the new version of DFHack comes out, what is the procedure to transfer all my workflow settings from the old version to the new? I don't see a file anywhere that holds these settings so I'm not sure what to copy. For reference, I do not generally install new versions of DF over the old, I usually just unzip the new version clean to a new folder and copy over my save games.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 373