Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407877 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.10 r1
« Reply #1680 on: June 03, 2012, 10:56:58 am »

On my embark, I am unable to use the embark function, but I am able to use friendship and migrants. This a regular problem or am I alone in this?

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #1681 on: June 03, 2012, 12:24:26 pm »

Could anyone here help me or give me an answer to how i should set up a workflow for clay bricks?

i tried many variations but cant figure out how.

some of the commands i tried are
Code: [Select]
workflow count BLOCKS/CLAY 1
workflow count BLOCKS//CLAY 1
workflow count BLOCKS//BRICKS 1
workflow count BLOCKS//CERAMIC_EARTHENWARE 1
workflow count BLOCKS//CERAMIC 1

some of them work but do not detect the job in the kiln
i believe there should be a way since "workflow count BLOCKS 1" detects the job

wierd the command "workflow count BLOCKS//CERAMIC_EARTHENWARE 1" finds the bricks but not the job
The problem is that the output of a "make blocks" job at the kiln is a block of several different possible types: earthenware, stoneware, or porcelain.  I'm not sure that there's a single matmask that covers all three of these.  You may have to use the "job" plugin to limit the input material for the make bricks job to, say, clay, which may hopefully lead to a fixed output material that you can match against.

Workflow does a great job on 80% of things, and fails miserably on the remaining 20%.  Fixing this is going to require some pretty serious reworking, I'm afraid.

Felgard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: June 03, 2012, 12:47:54 pm »

Could anyone here help me or give me an answer to how i should set up a workflow for clay bricks?

i tried many variations but cant figure out how.

some of the commands i tried are
Code: [Select]
workflow count BLOCKS/CLAY 1
workflow count BLOCKS//CLAY 1
workflow count BLOCKS//BRICKS 1
workflow count BLOCKS//CERAMIC_EARTHENWARE 1
workflow count BLOCKS//CERAMIC 1

some of them work but do not detect the job in the kiln
i believe there should be a way since "workflow count BLOCKS 1" detects the job

wierd the command "workflow count BLOCKS//CERAMIC_EARTHENWARE 1" finds the bricks but not the job
The problem is that the output of a "make blocks" job at the kiln is a block of several different possible types: earthenware, stoneware, or porcelain.  I'm not sure that there's a single matmask that covers all three of these.  You may have to use the "job" plugin to limit the input material for the make bricks job to, say, clay, which may hopefully lead to a fixed output material that you can match against.

Workflow does a great job on 80% of things, and fails miserably on the remaining 20%.  Fixing this is going to require some pretty serious reworking, I'm afraid.

thanks but i am interested in just earthenware but i think i figured out that it currently might not be possible.

As to why i think it's not possible is due to the fact that most of the kiln jobs uses clay as material but the resulting item is of one of the ceramic materials. I think workflow looks for a job that uses the material one specified and expect the item made to be of the same material.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:54:50 pm by Felgard »

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: June 03, 2012, 12:55:12 pm »

As to why i think it's not possible is due to the fact that most of the kiln jobs uses clay as material but the resulting item is of one of the ceramic materials and i think workflow looks for an job that uses the material one specified and expect the item made to be of the same material.

No, it is slightly more intelligent than that - if it knows the specific input material, it tries to deduce what the output would be; that code might be missing the necessary rules for clay stuff though. For instance, in the current release it does that correctly for all kinds of 'extract from plant' jobs, but Brew Drink was somehow forgotten :D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:57:38 pm by ag »

Felgard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: June 03, 2012, 01:07:55 pm »

wierd then why cant i find a command that lets it find the make clay bricks?
i only find one that finds the bricks(blocks) but not the job... got an idea shall test it now

Idea did not work or i couldn't figure out how to do it
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:19:21 pm by Felgard »

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #1685 on: June 03, 2012, 01:24:00 pm »

As to why i think it's not possible is due to the fact that most of the kiln jobs uses clay as material but the resulting item is of one of the ceramic materials and i think workflow looks for an job that uses the material one specified and expect the item made to be of the same material.

No, it is slightly more intelligent than that - if it knows the specific input material, it tries to deduce what the output would be; that code might be missing the necessary rules for clay stuff though. For instance, in the current release it does that correctly for all kinds of 'extract from plant' jobs, but Brew Drink was somehow forgotten :D
As I recall the clay reactions are custom reactions, and there is enough information to predict the result.  The problem is that the "make clay bricks" reaction has a BOULDER ([REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]) input with a material selection mask to select only boulders that have a FIRED_MAT specification.  Workflow doesn't really understand material selection masks, except on an ad hoc basis, and does not know what to make of FIRED_MAT specifically.  If you specify a specific boulder type to be used (with the job item-material command), then workflow will be able to determine the output product.  What it cannot do is synthesize the set of all possible outputs, with a filtered wildcard input, and monitor stocks of that set.  It could, in theory; it just doesn't. 

It would be nice if we could use material selectors like FIRED_MAT as masks for workflow, but I'm certainly not up to the required code changes, not at the moment at least.

Felgard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: June 03, 2012, 01:32:36 pm »

ah thanks :D

I had started to suspect the FIRE_MAT tag. Oh well I'll live with what i have at the moment.

anyways to the creator of workflow great job so far

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: June 03, 2012, 03:41:35 pm »

Anyone going to answer my question?

miganders

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: June 04, 2012, 05:19:23 am »

Could it be possible to have DF hack do something like this?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: June 04, 2012, 05:31:14 am »

Yes

Ogantai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: June 04, 2012, 05:45:31 am »

On my embark, I am unable to use the embark function, but I am able to use friendship and migrants. This a regular problem or am I alone in this?
Embark crashes DF for me also.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: June 04, 2012, 08:10:50 am »

No, I mean that embark simply doesn't work. It doesn't crash, and I can use the other functions. Anyone got a fix for this?

Hamek McEisenfaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: June 04, 2012, 09:30:10 am »

I would like to know if DFHack will allow the conversion of an entire 'cluster' of stone to another type at once, or just the 16X16? blocks. What i would like to do is change all of a cluster at once from worthless stone to useful stone. Thanks for your assistance folks.

EDIT- When I use changevein, it only changes a chunk of the cluster, not the whole thing. If i use changelayer, it well, changes the layer, and leaves the cluster alone. Am I using the wrong commands to change that entire cluster to something else? Or, is there a different command i need to be using. My ultimate goal is to change orthoclase to say.... kaolinite or rock crystal. Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:18:14 am by Hamek McEisenfaust »
"here's 7 inebriated borderline psychotic bastards, go dig out a living space for 200 of them that will be coming soon btw there's also a terrible tentacle monster-panda made out of barf to deal with have fun" -PsychicKid

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: June 04, 2012, 09:32:10 am »

I'm pretty sure it does.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: June 04, 2012, 10:31:43 am »

I would like to know if DFHack will allow the conversion of an entire 'cluster' of stone to another type at once, or just the 16X16? blocks. What i would like to do is change all of a cluster at once from worthless stone to useful stone. Thanks for your assistance folks.

EDIT- When I use changevein, it only changes a chunk of the cluster, not the whole thing. If i use changelayer, it well, changes the layer, and leaves the cluster alone. Am I using the wrong commands to change that entire cluster to something else? Or, is there a different command i need to be using. My ultimate goal is to change orthoclase to say.... kaolinite or rock crystal. Thanks for reading.

Put the cursor on an unchanged portion of the vein, and re-issue the changevein command.  If a vein is on a "block" boundary, you'll have to do it a few times, and move the cursor each time.  The command respects the layer/vein boundary.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 373