Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407907 times)

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.10 r1
« Reply #1740 on: June 05, 2012, 08:20:38 pm »

Oh, well, announcements.txt has some handy settings, but they only come into effect when DF is closed and restarted. In-combat, I like the strike details to pause the game and pop up in a box, so that I don't need to constantly check combat 'R'eports; However, the same setting also pauses my game while troops are sparring, which is especially irritating. So I figure that behaviour is being held in memory somewhere, but haven't the foggiest...

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg3312170#msg3312170

Edit for further clarity: data/init/announcements.txt, line 49, line 50.
[COMBAT_STRIKE_DETAILS:A_D:UCR]
[COMBAT_STRIKE_DETAILS_2:A_D:UCR]
<------------------->
[COMBAT_STRIKE_DETAILS:A_D:UCR:BOX:P]
[COMBAT_STRIKE_DETAILS_2:A_D:UCR:BOX:P]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:24:32 pm by TerryDactyl »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1741 on: June 05, 2012, 08:46:09 pm »

The "announcements" global has been removed (because no plugins used it, and nobody ever bothered to find the address for it), but angavrilov has since readded it (latest sources on github only) with the observation that it immediately follows d_init, suggesting that it's part of the same structure.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: June 05, 2012, 10:25:31 pm »

Thanks!

I'll read up on anga's source and brush up on my c++.

robertgoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: June 05, 2012, 10:30:19 pm »

Excuse me, but would anybody have a lua to make someone a vampire/werebeast/Necromancer, also maybe one to become a particular werebeast, like a giant sponge.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:50:13 pm by robertgoss »

golgy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: June 05, 2012, 11:05:54 pm »

Is there a listing of the full software/package requirements for building from source on Linux? I've had a quick look around, but ccmake is complaining about missing some hash map implementation without giving any sort of clue as to what it's requiring.

Exact error:

CMake Error at depends/protobuf/CMakeLists.txt:60 (MESSAGE):
   Could not find a working hash map implementation.  Please install GCC >=
   4.4, and all necessary 32-bit C++ development libraries.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: June 05, 2012, 11:31:34 pm »

I admit my ignorance, I haven't used DFHack up until 0.34.10 and didn't realize just replacing the checksum would be that much of a drastic mistake... I hope my uneducated suggestion of a "fix" didn't screw up anyone's promising starts in this new version.

I was just doing some dwarven science and didn't notice it was the magma trigger I was playing around with, sorry :(

PS. I mentioned in my post that that most likely nothing other than starting DFHack will work, so I was on the right track, kind of.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: June 06, 2012, 12:44:31 am »

Heart was in the right place at least.  I suppose it isn't immediately obvious what could happen, and part of my harshness was to add extra emphasis to the 'no, do not do this'. 

Because I'm sure we all looked at a forum thread somewhere in the past that suggested something, followed by a few posts of 'no, that is a bad idea' and thought 'Hmm, well maybe it does work if you are really careful...'.

...Just me huh?   Oh well.  Whatever dosn't let the magic blue smoke out of the computer makes us stronger I guess.  Group hug!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: June 06, 2012, 01:56:07 am »

Does anyone know variable name or offset to change number of starting dwarves on embark?

Unfortunately DFusion plugin "simple_embark" crashes, and it was crashing in 0.34.10 too.
While the "start_dwarf_count" variable it apparently tries to use doesn't appear anywhere in the structures files...
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

robertgoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: June 06, 2012, 03:28:50 am »

Does anyone know variable name or offset to change number of starting dwarves on embark?

Unfortunately DFusion plugin "simple_embark" crashes, and it was crashing in 0.34.10 too.
While the "start_dwarf_count" variable it apparently tries to use doesn't appear anywhere in the structures files...
I beleive I have seen a mod that allows you to do this normally, It was in this very sub-forum I beleive, although I am probably wrong as my memory is failing.

Hss

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: June 06, 2012, 04:14:49 am »

Hey guys. I have a question about stonesense. How can i turn off shrubs and make terran looks like on this screen:

http://www.icesus.org/Gallery/static/gallery/f/Belannaer/3394

Because now i have something like this:

http://ge.tt/8iZ4RjI/v/0?c

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: June 06, 2012, 04:21:51 am »

Hss, you have alot of grass and trees, thus it looks like that.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: June 06, 2012, 06:21:23 am »

Is there a listing of the full software/package requirements for building from source on Linux? I've had a quick look around, but ccmake is complaining about missing some hash map implementation without giving any sort of clue as to what it's requiring.

Exact error:

CMake Error at depends/protobuf/CMakeLists.txt:60 (MESSAGE):
   Could not find a working hash map implementation.  Please install GCC >=
   4.4, and all necessary 32-bit C++ development libraries.

Based on my experience getting it to build for Mac, this may mean that you are using a GCC that is too old, or it may mean you are using one that is not built for i386, but only for x86_64. (Or, I suppose, only for ARM, if you're running on an ARM system ;D )

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1752 on: June 06, 2012, 06:54:35 am »

Based on my experience getting it to build for Mac, this may mean that you are using a GCC that is too old, or it may mean you are using one that is not built for i386, but only for x86_64. (Or, I suppose, only for ARM, if you're running on an ARM system ;D )
Yep. If you are running a 64bit linux system, the compilers are usually 64bit only. You need to install multilib versions of all the relevant gcc related packages. DFHack is 32bit only, because DF has no 64bit version.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: June 06, 2012, 09:06:03 am »

Hey guys. I have a question about stonesense. How can i turn off shrubs and make terran looks like on this screen:

http://www.icesus.org/Gallery/static/gallery/f/Belannaer/3394

Because now i have something like this:

http://ge.tt/8iZ4RjI/v/0?c

yeah, it's easy.

Open stonesense/plants/index.txt, and change it to:

Code: [Select]
#DT_trees/dt_trees.xml
trees.xml
shrubs.xml

And in stonesense/index.txt, stick a '#' in front of the 'grasses/index.txt' line
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Hss

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: June 06, 2012, 09:47:46 am »

yeah, it's easy.

#DT_trees/dt_trees.xml
trees.xml
shrubs.xml

And in stonesense/index.txt, stick a '#' in front of the 'grasses/index.txt' line
[/quote]

yeah, it's easy.

#DT_trees/dt_trees.xml
trees.xml
shrubs.xml

But in stonesense, which goes in pack with DFHack no /plants/ folder. When i put # before grasses/index.txt it starts to lagg\freeze\crash. Any suggestion? Maybe i do something wrong?
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 373