Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407895 times)

Hessuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.10 r1
« Reply #1860 on: June 16, 2012, 09:15:50 am »

Ouch. Sad to hear that, but still good to know.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: June 16, 2012, 10:11:52 am »

I forgot about the dead/missing page, the single biggest unsolvable FPS issue remaining, sadly DFhack can't deal with them, and it seems the game continuse to check through that list for jobs etc, which is causing the lag. My suggestion to toady would be something that cleans up that list whenever a corpse goes missing completely from the map (atomsmash or completely destroyed some other way, perhaps decaying completely in a refuse pile) or whenever a corpse gets slabbed/buried it should remain on that list perhaps under a subheading for Buried dwarves, and after they're buried they should be hidden/forbidden from whatever process it is that's parsing through them constantly(I'm going to assume that it's the Reanimation/ghost code constantly checking for viable targets).

My fort was running super smooth(100/50 FPS) 260+ dwarves, and then i decided to clean up my animals(butcher) as i had hundreds to chickens and turkeys(300+ animals in fort), over 8k turkey eggs alone ;p and goblinite(melt) and it was only then that one of those two process brought everything down in FPS to about ~35 FPS. Pretty annoying ;p
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Caprealis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Next Crusade~ Praise Armok!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: June 16, 2012, 10:37:58 am »

Placeholder for updates!
Hello, My name is irrelevant, And I represent no one.
And there is no place like 127.0.0.1

dangerPhil

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: June 16, 2012, 12:54:57 pm »

Sometimes, I don't get DF at all. On my other computer I loaded the 34.10r1 dfhack release, changed to the actual symbol.xml, removed the OSX symbol definitions and it worked like a charm. On this computer, I did the same and DF decides to not work here. Really strange.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: June 16, 2012, 05:17:38 pm »

I've been trying to build DFHack on linux, and I'm having a few problems.

First problem: when trying to run cmake, I get

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and when I try to "make install" I get

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I followed the instructions as best I could, but I couldn't get it to work. I also tried getting it to work on windows, but that also ran into problems. Any help on what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated.

Skitskraj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: June 17, 2012, 05:36:45 am »

People are responding to this thread as if DFHack works on the latest version. I must ask, does it?
I just installed the game and love it so far, but would really like having stonesense as eye-candy. Is it still working, cuz I can't get it to work. Not sure if I might be doing it wrong.
I installed the LNP, and later added DFHack to the directory. Tried running DFHack-run at command prompt, and start from there. I simply wrote "dfhack-run stonesence" but got an error saying "Could not connect to localhost 5000".

Am I doing something wrong, or isn't it working on the newest release?

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: June 17, 2012, 05:44:20 am »

People are responding to this thread as if DFHack works on the latest version. I must ask, does it?
I just installed the game and love it so far, but would really like having stonesense as eye-candy. Is it still working, cuz I can't get it to work. Not sure if I might be doing it wrong.
I installed the LNP, and later added DFHack to the directory. Tried running DFHack-run at command prompt, and start from there. I simply wrote "dfhack-run stonesence" but got an error saying "Could not connect to localhost 5000".

Are you sure you have written "dfhack-run stonesence"? because that might be the problem, the command should be "dfhack-run stonesense"...

Skitskraj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: June 17, 2012, 06:00:08 am »

Typo in here, I wrote with an s. But you respond as if it should work? Does it? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong (not writing stonesence, but stonesense)

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: June 17, 2012, 07:09:05 am »

When you open up DF, does a separate DFHack console window open with it?

Because if it doesn't, then you don't have DFHack installed properly.

Skitskraj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: June 17, 2012, 08:02:11 am »

When you open up DF, does a separate DFHack console window open with it?

Because if it doesn't, then you don't have DFHack installed properly.
Hm... No. :P Probably fucked up the install then I guess... What I have done is simply unpack the entire DFHack zip into the folder where the Lazy Newb Pack.exe is. This didn't work so I also unpacked it in the subfolder named Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11.

So, no console opens when I start the game through Lazy Newb Pack.exe or dwarf fortress.exe, and when I try the command promt and write DFHack-run stonesense, I get the error "Could not connect to localhost 5000".

cybergon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: June 17, 2012, 08:32:27 am »

I too am having trouble getting dfhack to work on the current version. I followed the advice on page 120 of this thread, replaced the xml file, removed the OSX info, but now the game just crashes immediately after loading both the game and the dfhack command window. I tried removing the linux info as well but the result doesn't change.

I'm on W7 btw.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1871 on: June 17, 2012, 08:43:17 am »

If you get the absolute latest XML from angavrilov/df-structures, it will not work because angavrilov just recently renamed a few of the variables (control_mode/game_mode -> game_mode/game_type) - you must fetch it from peterix/df-structures.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: June 17, 2012, 08:43:48 am »

I too am having trouble getting dfhack to work on the current version. I followed the advice on page 120 of this thread, replaced the xml file, removed the OSX info, but now the game just crashes immediately after loading both the game and the dfhack command window. I tried removing the linux info as well but the result doesn't change.

I'm on W7 btw.

Yeah, that's my problem too.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

cybergon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: June 17, 2012, 09:03:48 am »

Got it. Thanks a lot man.

If you get the absolute latest XML from angavrilov/df-structures, it will not work because angavrilov just recently renamed a few of the variables

Why did he do that? I'm genuinely curious.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: June 17, 2012, 09:05:47 am »

because he does it all the time?

Not all variables are fully understood. Sometimes things get renamed when we learn more about what they're for.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 373