Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558466 times)

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim - IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD!
« Reply #1065 on: November 14, 2011, 06:40:57 pm »

Endgame even if you put all your level ups in magicka to get 500pts you can only cast the highest level spells twice before you are out of magic and even then most of the spells don't do enough damage to a lot of the high level mobs. Anyway, there are all sorts of balancing issues to be resolved- some things are too easy/difficult, most of the perks are worthless or too overpowered, etc etc, the list goes on but we all knew that would be the case. I just thought that Bethesda would have listened a bit more the community that put them on the map, instead they shun us loyal pc fans to cater to all the consolers to give us one of the worst ports to pc in history. It really is a giant FU to all the people that gave them their success because of Morrowind, which I still consider to be the best overall TES game :)

...and you notice every game after Morrowind is more and more geared to the console

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: November 14, 2011, 06:43:24 pm »

*sniff* *sniff*

Ah fink ah smell one o' 'em "bigots".

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: November 14, 2011, 06:44:06 pm »

You can't effectively be a jack-of-all-trades without making things very difficult. You just don't have the points for all those perks. You can't rely on random drops to give you bonuses. I made a thief/mage and it's terribly underpowered without points put into conjuring.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 14, 2011, 06:46:39 pm »

*sniff* *sniff*

Ah fink ah smell one o' 'em "bigots".

Haha, I'm racist(?) against people who own consoles..? Or I hate all races except the Dunmer?  :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1069 on: November 14, 2011, 06:48:03 pm »

Endgame even if you put all your level ups in magicka to get 500pts you can only cast the highest level spells twice before you are out of magic
Is that taking into account the 50% reduction in cost from the skill perk and the cost reduction you can get by enchanting your gear? That adds up quite a bit.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 14, 2011, 07:04:47 pm »

one of the worst ports to pc in history.

every time any game is released on console and PC, all I ever hear is 'WORST PORT EVER' ad infinium. The game is fine.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: November 14, 2011, 07:11:45 pm »

one of the worst ports to pc in history.

every time any game is released on console and PC, all I ever hear is 'WORST PORT EVER' ad infinium. The game is fine.

The game is very good, but I would appreciate more care in the porting. It is not the "worst port ever" , however.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: November 14, 2011, 07:41:17 pm »

That's because most games these day's are mainly intended to be console games, and if they just port it straight to PC there will be some problems.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: November 14, 2011, 08:17:32 pm »

@Balancing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: November 14, 2011, 08:23:28 pm »

@Balancing:

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: November 14, 2011, 08:25:36 pm »

@Balancing:

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 14, 2011, 08:36:17 pm »

I got end-level fire breath at level 15.

gg

EDIT: Also, this might have already been said, but there are a couple issues with skills in the game. Namely: leveling.

You can get blocking to level 100 in about 20 minutes, but in order to level up smithing at all you need to make shittons of useless crap for no other reason than XP grinding. I'm not sure how else to make it fair, but, right now it's a bit broken.

To be fair, it was like that in the previous games. Anyone who's ever played a mage in Oblivion probably remembers the endless skeleton summoning.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 08:43:25 pm by woose1 »

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 14, 2011, 08:55:28 pm »

I said, *one* of the worst ports ever. Which is true, particularly before they released the first patch. Can you imagine that interface without the patchfix?  :-X

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 14, 2011, 09:02:10 pm »

But the endless skeleton summoning in Oblivion allowed you to practice combat skills as well.
*Hugs*

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 14, 2011, 09:31:30 pm »

The reason you hear worst port ever, is because they all are.  It's getting successively worse.  In Skyrim, there are some menus in which my mouse is disabled from clicking, other menus where my mouse is the only way to navigate.  They couldn't even bother to fix menus? AGAIN?! First thing I see when I get to a town.  A 'workbench'.  Thank you Fallout 3.  Though the other crafting areas are a nice toss to WoW grinders.  I crank the difficulty up to max, cause why the hell not.  I play piss-poor and still waltz through.  I'm going to be all cynical and call it a terrible port that suffers more for being designed for consoles.

Someone has probably posted it, but apparently dropping things on NPC's heads won't piss them off and you can steal with impunity when you do it, since they can't see you.  Yay derpy glitches and exploits.  par for the course for bethesda to brag about their new implementations, without having the creativity to see the obvious exploits to them.

Why do you need to cheat for money if there's an endless stream of it in the first town?

I mean, I wanted to like skyrim, I wanted it to give me a reason to support bethesda for redeeming themselves.  There's just no way around it for me.  Bethesda can only release buggy, poorly thought out games that require modding to be truly good.  Making your game extremely open to modding doesn't make it a good game, it lets modders finish it for you.  Why am I going to pay you for someone else's work?
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 896