Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558518 times)

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2820 on: November 27, 2011, 11:35:41 am »

I need to alt-tab it twice to get back into the game when I have alt-tab'd out of it.

Same here
---

I visited my first proper dwemer ruin today and made around 480 dwemer metal ingots with the stuff in there o_O. Now to find what is the most profitable use of those ingots... i'm guessing chest Armor+upgrade but we'll see. Oh and i got a book about weapon enchants, apparently the rarest ones are banish and paralyze. I'll check if paralyze fetches higher prices than banish, since banish already gives me above 1000 gold at the merchant.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: November 27, 2011, 12:34:01 pm »

Yep, double alt tab fixes the window; when you alt tab out open up the window again, alt tab out a second time, then when you open it next it should work.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: November 27, 2011, 01:08:46 pm »

Don't worry, just making a little joke. But seriously, the 360 handles Skyrim a lot better than I thought it would.
That's probably because the 360 is hard-set to the lowest possible settings.
Not to mention that, if you've copied the game files to your hard drive, a bug is making it not load anything better than the lowest level mipmaps (which, as a result, makes it run nice and fast, but crappy quality)

We can steer clear of this conversation now, I just wanted to make sure those particular bits of information were known.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: November 27, 2011, 01:10:57 pm »

And the 360 isn't perfect, I've had mine lock up and lag like hell on occasion, not often, but it happens.
*Hugs*

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: November 27, 2011, 01:42:22 pm »

Speaking of value:weight ratio, there's a mod that shows that, and you can sort by it.
Speaking of mods, is the toolkit out yet?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: November 27, 2011, 01:43:51 pm »

Speaking of value:weight ratio, there's a mod that shows that, and you can sort by it.
Speaking of mods, is the toolkit out yet?
Nope, but that hasn't stopped some people.

Seriously, they already passed the 1000 mod milestone on skyrimnexus

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: November 27, 2011, 01:48:31 pm »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: November 27, 2011, 01:49:12 pm »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: November 27, 2011, 01:57:30 pm »

Still trying to figure out Bethesda's logic with the slaughterfish...
"Let's take away the player's ability to fight when swimming!"
"Yeah"
"And let's add an enemy that is only in the water, can attack a swimming player whilst they have no means to defend themselves and is a complete bitch to hit from the surface!!!"
"FUCK YEaaaaa....wait, whaat?"
Quite realistic though. Have YOU tried fighting underwater, or hitting a fish from above the surface? Takes a lot of skill.

You mean in real life?

Yeah, once I was swimming on the beach and a crab tried to pinch me, so I held my breath and tried to attack it with my sword but every time I dived after it the sword would sheathe itself for some reason.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: November 27, 2011, 02:07:51 pm »

I managed to flail randomly underwater once, although that wasn't fighting so much as drowning but the theories similar...

Still havent found a fix for the volunruud door bug, ah well move onto to other things and hope it gets fixed eventually.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: November 27, 2011, 02:16:08 pm »

Forget dragons, the real menace in Skyrim is the horkers!

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Horker_Attacks

The next DLC or expansion for skyrim should put players in the role of the Horkerborn as they travel the world in search of blubbery horrors to slay!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: November 27, 2011, 02:52:49 pm »

The slaughterfish thing is annoying, but they're not dangerous so I don't feel like they screwed us over by not letting them attack us.

I think I've been bitten twice by slaughterfish.  It didn't do enough damage to make me worry.

There should be a giant horker in the ocean, with a quest to hunt it.
Shoes...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: November 27, 2011, 02:53:56 pm »

I finished all the quests that look relevant to my character. I think this means it's time for a new one. Maybe a wizzzard or something.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: November 27, 2011, 04:00:41 pm »

Spoiler: Sunken Ship (click to show/hide)
Thanks.  I just went diving in the northern sea and checked that out.  Despite the fact that underwater past a few meters out there's nothing more than the same repeated kelp plant, I found that diving in the far north was one of the two times the game felt legitimately "fantastic".  Diving from the ice floes gave me a brief feeling that I might encounter something new and unexpected, unlike the rest of the game's trite, predictable slop.

The other thing that felt "fantastic" was
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still trying to figure out Bethesda's logic with the slaughterfish...
"Let's take away the player's ability to fight when swimming!"
"Yeah"
"And let's add an enemy that is only in the water, can attack a swimming player whilst they have no means to defend themselves and is a complete bitch to hit from the surface!!!"
"FUCK YEaaaaa....wait, whaat?"
Quite realistic though. Have YOU tried fighting underwater, or hitting a fish from above the surface? Takes a lot of skill.

You mean in real life?

Yeah, once I was swimming on the beach and a crab tried to pinch me, so I held my breath and tried to attack it with my sword but every time I dived after it the sword would sheathe itself for some reason.
I would suspect that they removed underwater wielding because they didn't want to have to animate anything other than the basic swim animation.  If it were limited for the sake of "realism" we'd just get a heavy damage penalty to weapons that rely on inertia over sharpness.  It would be cool to fend off aquatic monsters with knives and spears.  Magic is kind of screwed by the removal of all types of magic damage other than fire, frost, and lightning, though.

There should be a giant horker in the ocean, with a quest to hunt it.
I was hoping for an underwater dragon, perhaps with visual elements inspired by trench life or Paleozoic creatures.  That'd be something to terrify the player.  A skeletal-looking, armor-plated monstrosity with a mouth larger than the player, identifiable from a distance only by its bioluminescent glow would be a great deal more interesting than the generic Euromedieval dragons that get slaughtered by the dozen in airport novels.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: November 27, 2011, 04:22:04 pm »

I recently went into a small dungeon with water everywhere, and I was extremely dissapointed that I couldn't use the shock spell to electrocute all of the necromancers running around.

I kind of wish there was more interaction between the environment and the spells you cast.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 896