Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558345 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2955 on: November 28, 2011, 05:52:35 pm »

Only about -15 years. (Technically it's only the entire continent of Tamriel, rather than the entire world, but still, that's massively more than any other Elder Scroll game. It's also all procedurally generated and rather dull, in my opinion. I tried playing it and the main quest broke irrevocably, making it impossible to keep playing)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:54:36 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: November 28, 2011, 05:54:26 pm »

You must mean Arena. Daggerfall only took place in High Rock and Hammerfell.
Love, scriver~

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: November 28, 2011, 05:55:41 pm »

Yeah, although Arena just generated an infinite wilderness if you didn't fast travel.
*Hugs*

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: November 28, 2011, 05:56:30 pm »

Ah yes. I was getting the games confused there. Daggerfall was still a massive amount of space, with a massive amount of cities, dungeons, etc, though. It felt bigger than Arena to me, but perhaps that was because Arena mostly consisted of hearing "You were a fool to challenge me!" over and over.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: November 28, 2011, 05:56:44 pm »

Being a werewolf is pretty cool.  I mean yeah, actual mechanics-wise it's nothing special (Although I was under the impression Bay12 was all about the flavor and not the hard rules, but I've also noticed people can be loose with their tastes if it means getting another way to have a problem with something they don't like), but it's a lot of fun to hunt people down as a werewolf, and if you're willing to use it to travel instead of fight you can cover a huge amount of ground.  Werewolf sprinting is as fast as a horse's sprint and lasts so long it may as well be indefinite.
Shoes...

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: November 28, 2011, 06:01:59 pm »

Ah yes. I was getting the games confused there. Daggerfall was still a massive amount of space, with a massive amount of cities, dungeons, etc, though. It felt bigger than Arena to me, but perhaps that was because Arena mostly consisted of hearing "You were a fool to challenge me!" over and over.
Daggerfall was bigger, because it actually let you travel between areas on foot, Arena just constantly generated the same scenery.
*Hugs*

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: November 28, 2011, 06:03:55 pm »

It would be almost impossible to include the whole Tamriel into a game without procedural generation. Even Daggerfall was the size of the entire England.

And I would play in a rich small map rather than an empty big map. That's why I think Morrowind is better than Oblivion. Cyrodiil is so generic.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: November 28, 2011, 06:27:40 pm »

You mean Cyrodiil as portrayed in Oblivion. The real Cyrodiil (And yeah, I reject that damned Many-Headed Talos weasling, or whatever it was they called it) is probably the most diverse province on Tamriell, though not as "weird" as Morrowind is, seeming as Morrowind fills the role of the Strange Lands. I mean, Jungle Roman Empire and the Nibenayan tribal magocracies? The Thousand Cults, and Wild Elves? Severely Awesome Stuff. I mean, Oblivion didn't even keep the tension between the two biggest culture groups, Colovians and Nibenayan, hell, they didn't even bother to implement them, hardly even mentioning them at all except in geographic names.
Love, scriver~

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: November 28, 2011, 08:35:11 pm »

Werewolves are extremely useful.

Pros
Can send enemies flying with a power attack, or normal attack whilst moving forward - useful for large fights, and "bottlenecking" the flow of them.
Great melee damage.
Extremely good Stamina - useful for long distances you need to quickly run, with no fast travel locations nearby.
Can eat from corpses to heal-boost.

Cons
No Armour bonusses when transformed.
No +5% skill-learn bonus from rest, which only lasts for 40 game minutes any way.

Spoiler: Boss Dragon Name (click to show/hide)
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2964 on: November 28, 2011, 08:44:07 pm »

(Although I was under the impression Bay12 was all about the flavor and not the hard rules, but I've also noticed people can be loose with their tastes if it means getting another way to have a problem with something they don't like)
I'm quite sure that most people have said being a werewolf is pretty cool and has no or minimal disadvantages. I'm not sure why you think the prevailing attitude is anti-wolf.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: November 28, 2011, 08:45:46 pm »

(Although I was under the impression Bay12 was all about the flavor and not the hard rules, but I've also noticed people can be loose with their tastes if it means getting another way to have a problem with something they don't like)
I'm quite sure that most people have said being a werewolf is pretty cool and has no or minimal disadvantages. I'm not sure why you think the prevailing attitude is anti-wolf.
I dislike Werewolves because there's really nothing special about them, you just gain the power to turn into a werewolf once a day and that's it. I was at the very least expecting that you'd have to feed every few days.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2966 on: November 28, 2011, 08:46:29 pm »

I dislike Werewolves because there's really nothing special about them, you just gain the power to turn into a werewolf once a day and that's it. I was at the very least expecting that you'd have to feed every few days.
Okay, guess I was wrong. Some people hate werewolves.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: November 28, 2011, 08:47:32 pm »

They prefer sparkly vampires.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: November 28, 2011, 09:17:16 pm »

They prefer sparkly vampires.

Who are after highschool chicks.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: November 28, 2011, 09:21:47 pm »

One other con to being a werewolf is every time I would go AFK for a minute, when I came back, my character would be shirtless. I just could NOT get my character to keep his shirt on. As soon as I got the cure, it never happened again.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 896