Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550008 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3585 on: December 12, 2011, 04:05:38 pm »

The things that every npc says to you when you're walking around naked are just golden.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: December 12, 2011, 04:13:42 pm »

The things that every npc says to you when you're walking around naked are just golden.
Well...  I think I'm gonna check that out next time I get on.  Which town do you recommend I run around in my skivvies?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3587 on: December 12, 2011, 04:15:40 pm »

i threw a bunch of dagger around, and a guard stopped me saying "HEY don't throw weapons around!"
"yes sir."
*left the daggers in the moat and ran away*
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: December 12, 2011, 04:17:54 pm »

I always steel the arrows guards shoot at the targets in the barracks. When I try to practice with them myself, they all yell at me to be careful..

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: December 12, 2011, 04:26:09 pm »

I always steel the arrows guards shoot at the targets in the barracks. When I try to practice with them myself, they all yell at me to be careful..
It's great when someone asks you to demonstrate the Thu'um, and when you do a guard runs up to you screaming bloody murder.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: December 12, 2011, 04:29:21 pm »

And then you tell the guard to piss off because there's no law against shouting your way across town at hyperspeed, and if they even think about trying to arrest you for it, you'll Shout them into ice cubes.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: December 12, 2011, 04:45:00 pm »

i threw a bunch of dagger around, and a guard stopped me saying "HEY don't throw weapons around!"
"yes sir."

Before the game came out, I remember the devs talking about you dropping good weapons, and the npcs fighting over them or bringing them back to you.. anyone know if this is real, or were they bullshitting us? I gotta test this. 
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: December 12, 2011, 04:47:38 pm »

"yes sir."

Before the game came out, I remember the devs talking about you dropping good weapons, and the npcs fighting over them or bringing them back to you.. anyone know if this is real, or were they bullshitting us? I gotta test this.
They were bullshitting us. Kind of like how they said there would be Vehicles in Fallout New Vegas, or that there would be over 200 endings in Fallout 3 :P
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: December 12, 2011, 04:49:05 pm »

Are there any items aside from the Pendent of Talos that reduce the cooldown on shouts? I want to do a true Nord who only uses shouts and a sword/shield but the cooldown on shouts get pretty long on the useful ones.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: December 12, 2011, 04:49:42 pm »

"yes sir."

They were bullshitting us. Kind of like how they said there would be Vehicles in Fallout New Vegas, or that there would be over 200 endings in Fallout 3 :P

Why am I not surprised..
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3595 on: December 12, 2011, 04:52:24 pm »

They will give things back to you, I was watching a friend play and he was encumbered and dropped a bunch of junk he didn't want, and an npc came by and was all "Oh hey you dropped this, you're lucky I was here to give it back to you." and made him encumbered again. We got a good laugh out of that one.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: December 12, 2011, 04:59:28 pm »

Yup, NPC's has given things back to me several times. Once when I was placing items around my Solitude manor the huscarl there suddenly went all "Hey I saw you put that down can I have it?" but it seems that was bugged because when I spoke to her (because I wanted to recruit her and see what item I gave her) she wouldn't stop repeating those lines until I said no, you can't have it.

I also remember a youtube video somewhile back where a dude dropped some items in an inn and a fight between NPCs ensued.
Love, scriver~

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: December 12, 2011, 05:00:32 pm »

Huh, I've never seen that happen. I drop things around NPC's all of the time but they've never said anything.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3598 on: December 12, 2011, 05:00:58 pm »

I dropped a steel sword in Riften and a guard lectured me on leaving weapons lying around where children could get to them and gave it back to me.

Another time I dropped an enchanted helmet by mistake and a random citizen said something like "Oh nice, who left this here?" and picked it up and PUT IT ON then walked off.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: December 12, 2011, 05:04:46 pm »

...  Interesting...  might see if I could give some decent armor for everyone in town....
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 896