Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550132 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #5145 on: February 13, 2012, 12:33:05 pm »

Oooookkkkkkaaaayyyyy....
This is getting annoying...

The mod which seemed to bug my game had been updated to NOT do so, as in have NPC mobs appear during the cart ride, this at first bugged the game and damaged some files or something as doing a File Integrity forced me to redownload them. The things that were happening were simple cart bugs and skips in the dialog. Now its just the dialog. Its not playing the Dragon Roars properly for some reason...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: February 13, 2012, 12:34:07 pm »

Oooookkkkkkaaaayyyyy....

The mod which seemed to bug my game had been updated to NOT do so, as in have NPC mobs appear during the cart ride, this at first bugged the game and damaged some files or something as doing a File Integrity forced me to redownload them. The things that were happening were simple cart bugs and skips in the dialog. Now its just the dialog. Its not playing the Dragon Roars properly for some reason...
Uninstall the mod?
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5147 on: February 13, 2012, 12:39:19 pm »

Yeah, if this mod is causing so many problems just uninstall it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: February 13, 2012, 12:45:21 pm »

Ah, that innocent, awkward time when mods first release...and proceed to break everything they have nothing to do with.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: February 13, 2012, 12:50:21 pm »

Oooookkkkkkaaaayyyyy....

Uninstall the mod?
When it first caused problems I uninstalled it and had to redownload everything, when it said it fixed the intro bug it caused I tried it again...
ACTUALLY it seems that it wasn't the mod... Wait, checking integrity... EDIT 1:: Nope nothing missing...
Have an Idea on what other mod it could have been, been noticing more "Immersion" sounds from the mod "Sounds of Skyrim" it adds more environmental sounds. I don't think I tried a new game with it and its just been updated it could be accidentally overriding the Dragon's Roar from the intro...

EDIT2:: I started again, I got the roar. Then suddenly they chose to not push the stormcloak onto the chopping block. Gonna shutdown ALL my mods and see if its just Vanilla Skyrim thats fucking me over...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 01:07:11 pm by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5150 on: February 13, 2012, 01:04:23 pm »

Does anyone have a good 'darker dungeons/darker nights' mod? I have tried one from the steam workshop thing but all it does is place a super dark filter over the view which lights up unrealistically when there are light sources. It is very artificial feeling. Ideally I'd like one which just removed all light sources in ancient dungeons which shouldn't have candles and torches still burning 500 years later, or the random caves which have light glowing from random spots on the bloody wall for no discernible reason. I have no problem with well-lit bandit lairs or glowing mushrooms/lichen but there are lots of ancient ruins with nothing but undead inside which are brightly lit for some reason.

Why include torches if you can walk through the dead of night or entirely unlit caves and still see out to 50 meters? Its no wonder they never bothered to make lanterns usable, why should they? I would love to be creeping through a pitch dark cave and see nothing but the glowing eyes of the undead ahead of me or the flickering of a distant candle while listening to the rattling of distant skeletons and wondering if they can see me. I want dark dungeon delving! At least then the candlelight/magelight spells would be useful.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: February 13, 2012, 01:14:37 pm »

Does anyone have a good 'darker dungeons/darker nights' mod? I have tried one from the steam workshop thing but all it does is place a super dark filter over the view which lights up unrealistically when there are light sources. It is very artificial feeling. Ideally I'd like one which just removed all light sources in ancient dungeons which shouldn't have candles and torches still burning 500 years later, or the random caves which have light glowing from random spots on the bloody wall for no discernible reason. I have no problem with well-lit bandit lairs or glowing mushrooms/lichen but there are lots of ancient ruins with nothing but undead inside which are brightly lit for some reason.

Why include torches if you can walk through the dead of night or entirely unlit caves and still see out to 50 meters? Its no wonder they never bothered to make lanterns usable, why should they? I would love to be creeping through a pitch dark cave and see nothing but the glowing eyes of the undead ahead of me or the flickering of a distant candle while listening to the rattling of distant skeletons and wondering if they can see me. I want dark dungeon delving! At least then the candlelight/magelight spells would be useful.
Would make two mods out there, "Torches give realistic Lighting" and "Spells give off light" more sense. *Mod names not 100% correct...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: February 13, 2012, 01:24:20 pm »

I know what mod I'm working on next.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5153 on: February 13, 2012, 01:28:41 pm »

I know what mod I'm working on next.
If it is a proper darker nights/dungeons mod I will love you forever and also give you a dollar.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: February 13, 2012, 01:30:17 pm »

Gah looks like its one of the mods... Time to slowly go through them all, one by one and add them to my game until I either have them all back, or I get the glitch again... Sigh...
Oh well, I would have to do it if making a real game wouldn't I...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: February 13, 2012, 01:38:10 pm »

Does anyone have a good 'darker dungeons/darker nights' mod?

This is the one I'm using: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=7654

Tons and tons of settings in an .ini file to screw with. I didn't change any of them, and nights are now really dark, as are dungeons. No real issues that I saw after several hours (your compatibility may vary.)
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: February 13, 2012, 01:45:53 pm »

I get the feeling that anybody trying the whole "remove fake light sources" thing will go too far. I want tombs to have occasional light sources, if only in large arena rooms, whatever boss arena it may have and the entrance. Occasional dim lighting looks a lot more amazing than perpetual pitch darkness illuminated by a player torch.

There is a mod out there which removes the fake light from Dragonsreach, and that place looks amazing using only the light provided from actual light sources.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: February 13, 2012, 01:49:38 pm »

Actually, the dungeons look AMAZING now that all the ambient light has been stripped out of it. Like, you'll enter an underground river flow and it will be pitch black...except for the wall where the glow mushrooms are, just sitting there like a candle in the darkness. The dungeons are way more atmospheric now. Tombs are freaking scary since you can't see half of the niches where Draugr will come out of now.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5158 on: February 13, 2012, 01:51:01 pm »

Does anyone have a good 'darker dungeons/darker nights' mod?

This is the one I'm using: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=7654

Tons and tons of settings in an .ini file to screw with. I didn't change any of them, and nights are now really dark, as are dungeons. No real issues that I saw after several hours (your compatibility may vary.)
Looks nice, I will try it out.

I get the feeling that anybody trying the whole "remove fake light sources" thing will go too far. I want tombs to have occasional light sources, if only in large arena rooms, whatever boss arena it may have and the entrance. Occasional dim lighting looks a lot more amazing than perpetual pitch darkness illuminated by a player torch.

There is a mod out there which removes the fake light from Dragonsreach, and that place looks amazing using only the light provided from actual light sources.
There are ways to make light sources which work with an ancient dungeon while not feeling out of place. Magical glows, arcane sigils, etc. But seeing a wooden torch or a candle burning in a place that no living being should have been in 500+ years is a bit much for me.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: February 13, 2012, 01:54:10 pm »

And here I was about to post that mod... DAMN...
Seems that the Steam Workshop isn't working right so make sure you download from Nexus...
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 896