Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550066 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #5370 on: February 25, 2012, 05:29:25 pm »

Especially if you're only replying to a part of it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: February 25, 2012, 06:40:50 pm »

T_T

Does anyone know how to use the construction kit or let along make Mods for Skyrim???

I have tried and tried and tried to make the Non Combat NPCs flee from any form of hostile yet nothing. They don't even flee from me. They should, NPCs not suited for combat shouldn't try to take down a bandit raid, dragon or Giant. They should make for the closest Guard or just RUN LIKE THE WIND...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: February 26, 2012, 01:54:02 am »

Haven't a clue, sorry. As a wild guess, you could try seeing what makes noncombat animals flee on approach and nonhostile NPCs retaliate on attack, since you basically want the former's behavior triggering on the latter's conditions.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: February 26, 2012, 02:00:16 am »

I agree.  It really is quite rude when people fail to do that.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: February 26, 2012, 02:24:11 am »

I agree.  It really is quite rude when people fail to do that.
He says when doing it himself in a hopefully sarcastic and failed to be funny way...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: February 26, 2012, 07:58:31 am »

I know of the basic stuff, such as changeing items and spells properties and placing stuff.. in places..
But beyond that, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: February 26, 2012, 09:52:34 am »

T_T

Does anyone know how to use the construction kit or let along make Mods for Skyrim???

I have tried and tried and tried to make the Non Combat NPCs flee from any form of hostile yet nothing. They don't even flee from me. They should, NPCs not suited for combat shouldn't try to take down a bandit raid, dragon or Giant. They should make for the closest Guard or just RUN LIKE THE WIND...

Setting their Confidence stat under the AI Data tab to Cowardly should give you the result you're looking for... but I haven't messed with it extensively enough to find out for myself. Also, setting Aggression to a lower value may help as well. Having them run to a guard may take a minor amount of scripting, but even that would be wonky sometimes if only for the fact that you may not always be in a situation that a Guard would be nearby.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: February 26, 2012, 10:37:27 am »

Yeah, I think that's the joke.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: February 26, 2012, 07:37:10 pm »

meh, the series has been on the downfall for years, same for the fallout ones.

main issue is that they don't add anything new.

sure, new weapons, new spells, new enemies, new map, new dungeons. but were we not doing the SAME thing in earlier games with old weapons, old spells, old enemies, old maps, and old dungeons?
a common issue with video game series is stagnate idea development.

on top of this; game developers just make everything too damn easy now. you NEVER have the feeling of "damn, i had to work my ass off for this."

Call of Duty, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Ghost Recon, Halo, Mass Effect, etc etc all have these issues.
the reason morrowind is so popular is its the major change point in the series.
fallout 3 was the major change point in that series.
Call of Duty never had one, they just make every game easier, less interesting, and more catering to children.
Mass Effect did a good job of listening to the players, but their overall story line was lacking in back story other than "these are ominous dangerous creatures, kill them."

so in summary, gaming in general is going downhill  :(
blame the incompetents who complain everything is too hard in video games THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFICULT DUMB ASSES.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: February 26, 2012, 09:03:27 pm »

meh, the series has been on the downfall for years, same for the fallout ones.

main issue is that they don't add anything new.

sure, new weapons, new spells, new enemies, new map, new dungeons. but were we not doing the SAME thing in earlier games with old weapons, old spells, old enemies, old maps, and old dungeons?
a common issue with video game series is stagnate idea development.
I don't know what you mean. You want them to shift genres on us or something?

on top of this; game developers just make everything too damn easy now. you NEVER have the feeling of "damn, i had to work my ass off for this."
You do sometimes. Well, I do; challenge is subjective.

There's also difficulty settings, self-imposed challenges, and (in this particular case) modding, if you don't feel you're getting it enough. Not that these can solve all issues (though modding comes close), but for a lot of the stuff they can't we're talking design philosophy differences, not issues of simply "is it challenging?"

Call of Duty, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Ghost Recon, Halo, Mass Effect, etc etc all have these issues.
the reason morrowind is so popular is its the major change point in the series.
fallout 3 was the major change point in that series.
Pretty sure Morrowind was not adored simply because it was completely different than Daggerfall or whatever. Also pretty sure that most of the people who squee over Morrowind and are disgusted/disappointed in Oblivion/Skyrim, as well as a vocal portion of Fallout fan(boy)s, feel similarly about Fallout 3.

EDIT: See also: Any iteration of a series that's actually a completely different game with the IP tagged on. By the "change is good, different is better" philosophy, they'd likely be hailed as refreshing and new, rather than being reviled as affronts to the series, as is generally the case.

blame the incompetents who complain everything is too hard in video games THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFICULT DUMB ASSES.
This sort of elitist, overly simplified, self-entitled attitude is not productive. I don't know who told you that you were in charge of defining the purpose of video games, but you're not.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:08:49 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: February 26, 2012, 09:06:59 pm »

This sort of elitist, overly simplified, self-entitled attitude is not productive. I don't know who told you that you were in charge of defining the purpose of video games, but you're not.

I have to agree, sometimes I don't want a challenge, sometimes I just want to enjoy the story.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: February 26, 2012, 09:24:07 pm »

I've cleared the game, and just started the second playthrough with mods.

Mods, so many mods to install, gotta install them all.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:07:37 pm by fred1248 »
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: February 26, 2012, 10:01:31 pm »

oh god, she's a were-bishie

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: February 26, 2012, 10:10:12 pm »

At least it's better than the more plastic-looking face mods.

More of a fan of the odd mods though, like the million of ones that add trees to Whiterun. Gotta install them all and make Treerun.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: February 26, 2012, 10:14:47 pm »

If you do that, don't be surprised to find the Bosmer invading.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 896