Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559223 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6690 on: July 22, 2012, 10:37:24 am »

Oh, if it's Megrune's Razor then you can just throw it out. It's worthless and doesn't do anything, no quests use it and it just takes up space. It's a deadric artifact

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: July 22, 2012, 12:07:35 pm »

The stone is for literally the first quest in the main quest line.
As for the razor, that wouldn't happen to be Mehrunes' Razor, would it?
I'm not interested in quests, unless they start and end in a cave or fort or some place else in the wilderness. Hell, the only town I've been to was Falkreath and I'm not planning on visiting another, too many damn people trying to make you do stuff for them.
And yes, I checked and it were shards of Mehrunes' Razor. I found it in the dungeon of some bandit occupied fort.

There's something else I don't know what to do with: soul gem fragments. Is there anything useful you can do with those?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: July 22, 2012, 12:49:56 pm »

Those are just useless clutter.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: July 22, 2012, 01:57:37 pm »

The stone is for literally the first quest in the main quest line.
As for the razor, that wouldn't happen to be Mehrunes' Razor, would it?
I'm not interested in quests, unless they start and end in a cave or fort or some place else in the wilderness. Hell, the only town I've been to was Falkreath and I'm not planning on visiting another, too many damn people trying to make you do stuff for them.
And yes, I checked and it were shards of Mehrunes' Razor. I found it in the dungeon of some bandit occupied fort.

There's something else I don't know what to do with: soul gem fragments. Is there anything useful you can do with those?
But you can only get shouts if you do the main quests, and shouts are fun! Don't tell me you never wanted to tank a dragon's fire breath, and then breathe fire back at it.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: July 22, 2012, 02:13:38 pm »

I'm not in the very least interested in dragons or shouts. The first because I don't like reoccurring annoyances. The second because I don't use magic, with the exception of enchantments.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: July 22, 2012, 02:27:27 pm »

Then the stone is just something that someone somewhere might want at some point in time.

Also, since I'm pretty sure it's considered a quest item, while it does lists a weight, it doesn't actually add any encumbrance. To confirm if it is a quest item, just try to drop it. If you can't, it's a quest item.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: July 22, 2012, 03:00:39 pm »

The razor is used in the Daedric quest for Mehrune's Dagon.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: July 22, 2012, 05:30:12 pm »

Yeah, I've found that the fun of the shouts doesn't really balance the annoyance of being accosted by dragons every 2 steps you take.
*Hugs*

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: July 22, 2012, 07:45:04 pm »

Yeah, I've found that the fun of the shouts doesn't really balance the annoyance of being accosted by dragons every 2 steps you take.
I'm willing to bet there's mod that can remedy that. :P

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: July 22, 2012, 07:48:02 pm »

Probably, but I play on Xbox, so neh.
*Hugs*

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6700 on: July 23, 2012, 12:51:22 am »

You can outrun them with a bit of determination. And they arent really that common.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: July 23, 2012, 02:22:48 am »

I like fighting dragons because their scales and bones yield a lot of money.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: July 23, 2012, 02:24:46 am »

And they get ridiculously easy to kill later on (even without mods). With the right items you can outright block their breath attack, and when they land, run up to them and slice them to ribbons.

(I didn't even bother picking up the scales and bones, and I had over or around 135k gold, IIRC, when I got the last achievement, on the XBox - of course I never bought any houses besides Breezehome)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: July 23, 2012, 02:28:56 am »

Yeah, buying all the homes makes a moderately entertaining pastime. Alternatively, consider downloading/making a super fortress/dream house mod of some sort, there are many existing and the toolkit is plenty accessible if you have the time. And then buying the fortress/house/lair/planet in-game.

Because you can.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: July 23, 2012, 08:39:52 am »

I beat the Dragonslayer quest at level 18. I'm so proud of myself.
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 896