Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550238 times)

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6675 on: July 20, 2012, 09:09:44 am »

I have found a vampire lair where I can both enchant and do some alchemy. If I store stuff here, will it stay, like in Morrowind or has that changed?
They will disappear IIRC.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: July 20, 2012, 09:12:05 am »

I have found a vampire lair where I can both enchant and do some alchemy. If I store stuff here, will it stay, like in Morrowind or has that changed?

Depends, dropped items lying on the ground (i.e. you can physically grab them) will stay. Items in containers will disappear when the area resets (normally 30 days after being cleared or 10 days after not being cleared. See here for further information) and enemies will respawn when the area resets as well.

I'm not sure whether entering a cell resets the cell reset timer or not (it probably doesn't). If it does, however, you can conceivably use any cave as a home as long as you clear it at return at least every 30 days.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: July 20, 2012, 09:16:12 am »

Well that sucks. That vampire master wasn't very easy to kill.

Is there a way to set the reset time to 99999 days or something like that? I'm never going to return to a place just to kill the same stuff over again any way.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:18:19 am by Dutchling »

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: July 20, 2012, 09:35:00 am »

You could mod that specific cave using the creation kit to not respawn after being cleared, it's not terribly difficult, but requires some tinkering. It could also potentially break any random (or fixed) quests tied to that cave, I have no idea how the radiant quest system interacts with the timed respawn mechanics.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: July 20, 2012, 12:05:44 pm »

Download the ridge house mod from steam workshop. It is a nice mod and not too cheaty. You can store tons of stuff there and it has every crafting station except a smelter I think.

I still suck at stealth. Some times I can get Lydia to go attack while I hide and do crit shots but it very rarely works.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: July 20, 2012, 12:21:28 pm »

Typically having a companion does not help the whole stealth deal, IMO. Then again, I'm a straight up hack-n-slasher, so take that with a grain of salt.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: July 20, 2012, 12:38:56 pm »

Don't even talk to me about stealth. I get noticed as soon as I walk into the area, even while hidden. Still gives me enough time to use my Thu'ums, though.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6682 on: July 20, 2012, 02:57:50 pm »

Pacifist playthrough is working pretty well with Stealth. I just cleared Bleak Falls Barrow, Bilbo Baggins style. The 2 times I got caught, I slipped away once, and the draugr stepped in a trap the other time. Most fun I've had with this game yet.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: July 20, 2012, 03:17:17 pm »

Pacifist playthrough is working pretty well with Stealth. I just cleared Bleak Falls Barrow, Bilbo Baggins style. The 2 times I got caught, I slipped away once, and the draugr stepped in a trap the other time. Most fun I've had with this game yet.

I look forward to trying that on my next playthrough.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6684 on: July 20, 2012, 03:37:49 pm »

Don't even talk to me about stealth. I get noticed as soon as I walk into the area, even while hidden. Still gives me enough time to use my Thu'ums, though.
It really depends on your stealth level (I assume that if your not focusing it then its not very useful), and probably what equipment you have on. But once you get to 100 stealth, then you can do things like facestab someone for 20X damage, then they look around and try to find you, and you do the same thing again because they can't find you even when you just stabbed them because your stealth is too good.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: July 20, 2012, 05:06:41 pm »

100 sneak is what ruined Batman Khajiit for me. Everything became way too easy. That's why I made an Orc sword-fighting mage. Pacifism (running for my life) is the only way I could beat Oblivion.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: July 21, 2012, 12:03:58 am »

Heh, in Oblivion, my solutions was hundreds of health potions and a little restoration magic on the side. When enemies got more health, I escalated- of course, while I was playing it I didn't realize that the level scaling made it a good idea not to level up, so I tried to level as quickly as possible. It became something of an arms race of getting hit forever without dying.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: July 21, 2012, 06:33:56 am »

Dragonstone
Weight: 25 Worth: 0

Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do with it? I also own a broken razor. Someone's name was in the name of the razor as well but I don't quite remember that right now.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: July 21, 2012, 07:20:32 am »

Go to Whiterun, talk to the Jarl, then the wizard will ask you to get the stone for him.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: July 22, 2012, 10:30:57 am »

The stone is for literally the first quest in the main quest line.
As for the razor, that wouldn't happen to be Mehrunes' Razor, would it?
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 896