Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550072 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #10050 on: January 15, 2014, 04:34:25 pm »

I was playing, fast-travelled to the Greybeards to learn a new shout from the Thunderchild mod, when I noticed that Lydia wasn't there. I searched around a bit, fast-travelled to Whiterun, and she still wasn't there. I was worried I accidentally YOL!'d at her and killed her in Rannveig's Fast, where the subjugated ghosts live.

I went back there, only to find her standing in the middle of a room and asking me what I needed.

Turns out that she is a massive troll if you try to throw her down a pit. I told her to stand there, and so she did. For about an entire day. Until I came back in worried that I'd killed her.

I was relieved and gave her a friendly FUSRODAH to the face.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10051 on: January 15, 2014, 06:50:39 pm »

I was playing, fast-travelled to the Greybeards to learn a new shout from the Thunderchild mod, when I noticed that Lydia wasn't there. I searched around a bit, fast-travelled to Whiterun, and she still wasn't there. I was worried I accidentally YOL!'d at her and killed her in Rannveig's Fast, where the subjugated ghosts live.

I went back there, only to find her standing in the middle of a room and asking me what I needed.

Turns out that she is a massive troll if you try to throw her down a pit. I told her to stand there, and so she did. For about an entire day. Until I came back in worried that I'd killed her.

I was relieved and gave her a friendly FUSRODAH to the face.

She needed the break. She was tired of carrying your burdens.
I need to put something interesting here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10052 on: January 15, 2014, 06:53:44 pm »

She sucks at carrying the burden of bring hit for me goddammit no Lydia I need you to go hit things with your sword where the hell did you get that bow neither of us have one in our inventories shit now I'm dead thanks for not aggroing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10053 on: January 15, 2014, 07:01:55 pm »

She sucks at carrying the burden of bring hit for me goddammit no Lydia I need you to go hit things with your sword where the hell did you get that bow neither of us have one in our inventories shit now I'm dead thanks for not aggroing.

Ultimate Follower Overhaul is your friend. If I recall, Lydia won't be able to use anything that she doesn't have. No more magically appearing bow.

You can also tell a follower what type of combat style you want them to use. They also have their own horses.
I need to put something interesting here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10054 on: January 15, 2014, 07:04:05 pm »

Ultimate Follower Overhaul

Is no longer supported and you should use this instead.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: January 15, 2014, 07:07:53 pm »

You're both amazing. Now I can get J'Zargo to do useful stuff!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10056 on: January 15, 2014, 08:22:05 pm »

I manually edited the follower quest to not add a bow to their inventory. It's horrendously annoying how badly set up vanilla followers are.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10057 on: January 16, 2014, 04:50:52 pm »

Dunmer master race in every TES game. Accept no substitutes.

Anyway on the topic of mods, does anyone use the Imps More Complex Needs mod(s)? I downloaded it and all the dlc patches and it crashed my game immediately.
Am I only supposed to have the most current patch and not use all the other ones? If so which is most current? Or perhaps I just have the load order screwed up?

What I WANT to do is figure that out and add Frostfall, for SERIOUS IMMERSION. EDIT: oh and that Better/3D Followers thing.
I'm turning into a full on immersion/realism whore :P
Imps More Complex Needs and Frostfall both alter lot of things other mods are dependant, so they cause more conflicts than lighter immersion mods. I think they should be loaded after any other mod  that alters PC (vampire or werewolf mods), atleast that's how I got my load list to work.  I use Simple Sustenance and Hypothermia because they have been compatible with all the mods I've ever used. Pretty light on immersion though...
I've been using EFF since who doesn't want their own private army to guard that Elf Fortress you build in Blackreach with Pocket Empire Builder?

Yeah, but they don't complain if you're chopping down trees unless you're chopping down their trees. Hell, the first one you see in Skyrim chops logs as a profession.
Maybe after TESO is finished and TES VI rolls around we'll find out Bosmer are actually vegans and want rest of the tamriel to adopt their superior farming and log chopping techniques?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: January 16, 2014, 05:34:32 pm »

Arena - Erupting volcano shown in the back of character screen.
Daggerfall - Bro to Barenziah  8)
Morrowind - Land of Dunmer, face (less) extreme racism. Most common enemy magic is fire.
Oblivion - World invaded by hell-themed spirits with fondness for shooting fire.
Skyrim - World invaded by firebreathing dragons.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10059 on: January 16, 2014, 06:02:21 pm »

Morrowind - Land of Dunmer, face (less) extreme racism. Most common enemy magic is fire.
Oblivion - World invaded by hell-themed spirits with fondness for shooting fire.
I suspect that, at least one of the developers is secretly a pyromaniac.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10060 on: January 16, 2014, 06:06:03 pm »

DDO had a problem with too much fire stuff in high level content, making fire-using characters worthless and fire resistance of supreme importance. I guess it's been fixed since then?

I think it's a fascination that stems from early D&D having only fire and lightning magic at first. Didn't see cold or acid until later, and by then monster descriptions were out of date because they assumed that only lightning and fire existed but they were copied down unchanged into the new editions. In early D&D for example you had a Ring of Fire Resistance but that was it; nobody really did Acid Resistance and WTF is Sonic? So I think it's a holdover from that.

Also, demons = fire I guess. Although it shouldn't be that way.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: January 16, 2014, 06:19:59 pm »

DDO had a problem with too much fire stuff in high level content, making fire-using characters worthless and fire resistance of supreme importance. I guess it's been fixed since then?

I think it's a fascination that stems from early D&D having only fire and lightning magic at first. Didn't see cold or acid until later, and by then monster descriptions were out of date because they assumed that only lightning and fire existed but they were copied down unchanged into the new editions. In early D&D for example you had a Ring of Fire Resistance but that was it; nobody really did Acid Resistance and WTF is Sonic? So I think it's a holdover from that.

Also, demons = fire I guess. Although it shouldn't be that way.

Demons = fire is shallow character making....demons of pestilence, hunger, etc (any real ailment or major negative aspect of life really) can easily be turned into some element besides ONLY fire

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: January 16, 2014, 06:21:45 pm »

I agree! The things you are saying are things I would be saying also, and honestly.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10063 on: January 16, 2014, 06:25:09 pm »

Morrowind - Land of Dunmer, its a damn volcano!
fixed

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10064 on: January 16, 2014, 07:30:22 pm »

Fire is kind of an easily recognized immediate danger. Freezing a town or dumping a ton of acid in a river might be dangerous, but it doesn't whip people into a panic in quite the same way, and things like disease, drought, hunger are a less immediate, less tangible threat. Eastern-style generic energy blasts work in a similar way, but it's harder to tie them to natural themes (i.e. qi volcano?). Hence, fire (and magma by proxy) ends up being the de facto universal representation for anything bad and destructive.
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 896