Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558867 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11175 on: October 03, 2014, 05:10:02 am »

I think that this is relevant to our interests?

I was actually thinking just yesterday that I'd like to make a video similar to this. Just fighting a monster, then saying wait, excuse me, time out. I need to drink a potion. *rummage* Shit, I'm out of potions. Good thing I've been carrying around all this food. *Slowly eats carrot, pausing at one point to pick something out of teeth. Pull out second carrot. Cut to 15 minutes later, my jaw is sore from chewing.* Okay, that should do it for now. Thanks for waiting. Time in!

Then either I one-shot the monster or it one-shots me, wasting all of that effort.

But I don't have the skills, tech, or budget to make such a nice video with all the shiny effects. So maybe I'll just... not make it.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11176 on: October 03, 2014, 04:24:43 pm »

Expect the mod to actually be released next week. Very likely on Monday (so a few days from now). Do some touch ups, check newest mods...see if any good ones...
You know how this will end...  :P

Speaking of making videos, anybody can tell me what program is good for taking some footage from game? I tried Soul Cairn with level 42 character and got pushed out of there, so I went all out and got me Dawnbreaker and custom enchanted gear to go with it. That final fight was epic enough to be redone and recorded.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: October 03, 2014, 04:36:15 pm »

FRAPS, if you have a large hard drive.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11178 on: October 03, 2014, 04:52:47 pm »

Expect the mod to actually be released next week. Very likely on Monday (so a few days from now). Do some touch ups, check newest mods...see if any good ones...

Speaking of making videos, anybody can tell me what program is good for taking some footage from game? I tried Soul Cairn with level 42 character and got pushed out of there, so I went all out and got me Dawnbreaker and custom enchanted gear to go with it. That final fight was epic enough to be redone and recorded.

Outside of a bunch of random race mods that I pretty much randomly downloaded...I actually only downloaded I think 3...maybe 4...don't really remember...mods. One was a bunch of hairs (got to have it :P), one was gameplay (it changes gameplay a lot) and one was for character creation...but I don't really like it. But gonna leave it in anyway, don't feel like removing it from my save and some people might like it. But, I don't actually feel like downloading and looking for mods nonstop...already have enough for the overhaul anyway. And I don't want to tire myself out and hit a brickwall again...pretty much done with even looking at mods lol. I doubt I'll look at mods for a while, at least seriously...probably check up once a week or two to see the hot files on nexus. I won't be adding any more to the overhaul though. So I at least kept to my word. :P

Then updated a few mods to recent versions, but like I said, I don't feel like going through each one to see if it needs updating or not...everything is pretty recent anyway.

I did end up removing some mods like I said. I actually removed a bit more than I planned...but some either lowered performance (like some new village mods were badly made and caused huge performance issues)...but still tons of new content.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: October 03, 2014, 04:54:14 pm »

I think that this is relevant to our interests?

I was actually thinking just yesterday that I'd like to make a video similar to this. Just fighting a monster, then saying wait, excuse me, time out. I need to drink a potion. *rummage* Shit, I'm out of potions. Good thing I've been carrying around all this food. *Slowly eats carrot, pausing at one point to pick something out of teeth. Pull out second carrot. Cut to 15 minutes later, my jaw is sore from chewing.* Okay, that should do it for now. Thanks for waiting. Time in!

Then either I one-shot the monster or it one-shots me, wasting all of that effort.

But I don't have the skills, tech, or budget to make such a nice video with all the shiny effects. So maybe I'll just... not make it.

If you want I can link you to a video where a person did... exactly that.

Admitting it was for a really terrible Resident Evil knockoff.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11180 on: October 03, 2014, 05:38:27 pm »

Outside of a bunch of random race mods that I pretty much randomly downloaded...I actually only downloaded I think 3...maybe 4...don't really remember...mods. One was a bunch of hairs (got to have it :P), one was gameplay (it changes gameplay a lot) and one was for character creation...but I don't really like it. But gonna leave it in anyway, don't feel like removing it from my save and some people might like it. But, I don't actually feel like downloading and looking for mods nonstop...already have enough for the overhaul anyway. And I don't want to tire myself out and hit a brickwall again...pretty much done with even looking at mods lol. I doubt I'll look at mods for a while, at least seriously...probably check up once a week or two to see the hot files on nexus. I won't be adding any more to the overhaul though. So I at least kept to my word. :P

Then updated a few mods to recent versions, but like I said, I don't feel like going through each one to see if it needs updating or not...everything is pretty recent anyway.

I did end up removing some mods like I said. I actually removed a bit more than I planned...but some either lowered performance (like some new village mods were badly made and caused huge performance issues)...but still tons of new content.

Any way to remove any of the mods, or is it a kind of all-or-nothing deal?

Pretty much all or nothing. Removing mods tends to create problems. You can however download the mod (most can be found on Nexus)...and then find all the files in the mod and remove them. Seems like a lot of work, especially since some of the esp/esm are named weird. And quite a few mods can't be found anymore. At that point, probably better to not download the overhaul and do it yourself. But guess you don't really have to activate the ones you don't want, but you'd have to use TES5edit+wrye bash at that point (including removing them).

The overhaul is mostly for those who don't want to go through the brain breaking hours of downloading mods, getting them to work, breaking skyrim and doing it over again for months and months and months.

Granted, I actually recommend getting your own mods...much better that way as you get mods you know you want and what is in your game. If you want a light mod list (50 mods or less), probably be better. Not everyone though wants to go through hundreds of hours of work...so...each their own.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11181 on: October 03, 2014, 10:15:51 pm »

Also, anyone who uses my overhaul will need a mid to high end PC. A bit lower if you turn off ENB. You can gain FPS by using winter edition (you'll need to download it on authors site, I'll provide a link later) (I get a 3-5 FPS increase with FPS using this, and without ENB, its a 10-15 fps increase)

I also recommend turning off the ENB (keep the files...there is a lot...unless you want to go through each one) if you are low on FPS. I turned off DOF (too annoying anyway) and ambient occulusion (DON'T TURN IT ON...I GET 0-1 FPS WITH IT)...with the ENB active I get 30 FPS on average. You'll need to manually turn those back on in the ENBseries.ini file. Which actually, is a huge improvement over in August when I only had 20 FPS average. I didn't upgrade my PC or anything, but I did update a bunch of drivers. B30 FPS is playable personally for me anyway, my eyes suck :P But with it off, I get 40-50 FPS on average. So a big 10-20 FPS increase.

Plus, you need ENB in the overhaul, it comes with ENB boost or whatever it does...helps a lot in a stable game. But ENB itself doesn't need to be active. You can manually turn all the effects off.

My system:
Geforce 660 GTX 2GB (I'm going to upgrade to the new Geforce 970 GTX 4gb at some point...I "should" see a MASSIVE increase in performance)
8 gig DDR3 ram
No SSD drive
Windows 7
i5 3.3 GHz CPU

Probably my CPU limits me quite a bit, but really need a 4gb card for a big skyrim mod list...2gb is a bit not enough, and I probably wouldn't do ANY less even without ENB.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: October 03, 2014, 10:31:52 pm »

One day I need to find a decent recording software.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11183 on: October 03, 2014, 10:35:57 pm »

Most people just use Fraps.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11184 on: October 03, 2014, 11:07:52 pm »

I just thought a mod I would like. I have a rough sketch of how this would be accomplished.

1) Take the model for the Dwarven Spider.
2) Either via properties in the CK or using a 3D editing software, scale said spider to be two stories high (at least).
3) Give the spider the ability to shoot fireballs. Maybe really big fireballs.
4) Optionally, make it "ridable" somehow. Or pilotable... not sure if possible using scripts.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11185 on: October 03, 2014, 11:09:34 pm »

It's the piloting part that needs the 3D editing. But that should all be totally doable.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11186 on: October 03, 2014, 11:37:33 pm »

I just thought a mod I would like. I have a rough sketch of how this would be accomplished.

2) Either via properties in the CK or using a 3D editing software, scale said spider to be two stories high (at least).
4) Optionally, make it "ridable" somehow. Or pilotable... not sure if possible using scripts.
Wild Wild West?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11187 on: October 03, 2014, 11:43:03 pm »

It's the piloting part that needs the 3D editing. But that should all be totally doable.

You can "pilot" dragons in burning skies. Turn to a dragon and play as one.

So much performance used though, and had crashes. Could be how it was made.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11188 on: October 03, 2014, 11:47:37 pm »

It needs a 3D editor either to add the 3rd person camera node (if piloting swaps the player model) or to add the rider node (most likely within the chassis). iirc, anything rideable needs both.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11189 on: October 04, 2014, 12:02:18 am »

Wild Wild West?

Well, that was the only memorable part of that movie...
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 896