Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558255 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11190 on: October 04, 2014, 12:11:41 am »

I mostly remember it for the crossdressing humor, but yeah giant flamespitting robot spider.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11191 on: October 04, 2014, 01:12:35 am »

Speaking of making videos, anybody can tell me what program is good for taking some footage from game? I tried Soul Cairn with level 42 character and got pushed out of there, so I went all out and got me Dawnbreaker and custom enchanted gear to go with it. That final fight was epic enough to be redone and recorded.

FRAPS is really only good if you have a huge hard drive. The videos it makes inflate to GB within minutes. If you don't have that kind of space, you can try Open Broadcaster Software. It records in mp4/flv, which isn't as high quality as mov (which FRAPS uses), but you can record very long files without taking up much space (and you can set the quality options fairly high). If you're uploading to YouTube, this is a good option. It's what I use, since I record a *lot* of footage at once then edit it down later.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11192 on: October 04, 2014, 01:51:04 am »

MSI Afterburner is a decent recording tool (need to install RivaTuner Statistics with it as well)

Although if you are running a good gfx card then you can use nVidia's ShadowPlay or AMD's GamingEvolved (which uses Raptr).

I don't know how good Raptr is but Afterburner is a great free one for all gfx cards, ShadowPlay is better though in terms of performance but requires a good nVidia card (GTX 600+ I believe), you can get high quality recording (does the fancy but unnecessary 4K) as well with barely noticeable impact on FPS.

FRAPS is pretty much dying to these competitors

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11193 on: October 04, 2014, 08:41:54 am »

Hey Vendayn, any chance you could namedrop some of the better "RTS" type gameplay enhancers you played around with?
Kinda have my own separate thing that also took a long time to get right (mostly right anyway, pretty sure some weapon/armor stats are still borked from putting new Immersive Armors on top of Skyre)

Things I would be particularly interested in are stuffs that let you go all battlefield commander...preferably in the Civil War, but since the only notable thing that meddled with that was the CWOverhaul and that liked to spawn 80 billion dudes on the outskirts of Falkreath when it wasn't crashing it kinda lost my interest (though you seem to have looked through a lot more stuff then me)

Mostly though I want to feel like I'm running a guild of adventurers/mercenaries to be honest.
Or ANY guild in fact...is there a "more immersive guilds" mod?
Currently the closest I can get is just recruiting a shitton of followers and throwing them at things, but that gets...cluttered after awhile.

Might also be interested in some of the less game/fps-murdering "own a fort/castle/etc." stuff, but so far the stuff I've seen in that category doesn't look too immersive/lore friendly (High King of Skyrim springs readily to mind as what I don't want :P)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11194 on: October 04, 2014, 02:45:42 pm »

I will post the mod list when I upload the mod.

However, my overhaul sees more than 3gb video ram usage...my card is 2gb. So before I upload, going to get a 970 and make sure it works. Skyrim mods are fine, but its my card not powerful enough. I watched Skyrim go right to my card limit and freeze. But with my overhaul, it should use past 3.

Its why in august my PC (video card) was having huge issues in every game after playing Skyrim.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11195 on: October 04, 2014, 05:41:51 pm »

If you are looking for mods to change Skyrim...but keep it about the same.

I think its called Dominion war...adds a 3rd faction. Two factions always seemed stupid and lame to me...wow did it, now everyone does. But anyway... Get mod to join thalmor if you get this one.

I also got the zombie mod...28 days or whatever. I can't test properly to see how it is, not powerful enough GPU..
But, from what I saw it was a fun change. Its hilarious seeing zombie thalmor hordes. Kinda like a 4th faction, sorta

Wyrmstooth, elsweyr, faalskar, shadows of morrowind are epic. There is blackland I think its called...but kinda ugly looking. I got it anyway. But its kinda scares me cause so ugly and people live there. Like twilight zone.

There is also real estate, Skyrim tycoon...a few mods to own your own business. Only mod to own a guild is...guild starter or whatever its named. Its abandoned though. There is another economy/business mod that is biggest...but no idea what its called now

Get...expanded towns...and...forgotten? Immersive? Settlements...adds places from lore to Skyrim. Both are great. I have a few others too added in.

Don't add any traveler mod...like immersive roads...huge ctds from those mods...too many NPCs added, too many scripts and error ridden.

I have a lot of mods. But...oh...

Search obis...dunno full name...its epic

And lost tribes...a predator+alien mod that fits lore. Cause predators fly in space and go everywhere :p technically zerg or any space alien can come to tamriel :p cause...future...and space...

Yes... a zerg invasion.

Need that mod. Be made!

My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11196 on: October 04, 2014, 06:01:28 pm »

COUGH, GIMMIE DOCTOR WHO MOD, COUGH

Also, get Frostfall. Very nice.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11197 on: October 04, 2014, 07:30:18 pm »

Yes... a zerg invasion.

Need that mod. Be made!

I'd rather want a Tiberium mod. You know, Tiberium from the Command & Conquer franchise
It must be able to spread, changing he landscape, mutate creatures and NPCs over time.

Oh if only this would be possible with the Creation Kit.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:32:09 pm by Ultimuh »

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11198 on: October 05, 2014, 07:06:05 am »

Any good mod pack sites other that STEP? Ones that tell you how to put vast numbers of mods in the game? STEP is great just checking to see if any other ideas. I know about GEMS. Not looking for individual mod suggestions.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11199 on: October 05, 2014, 07:38:56 pm »

So I'm totally redoing/mostlikelybreaking my modlist right now. Pretty much the same as it was before, with a few useless things cut out and (hopefully) better optimization, though its just as likely to totally break again when I try and layer this new bastard of Immersive Armors on top of Skyre, like last time.

Oh, and I added Hunterborn, cuz reasons.

Why am I doing all this you ask? Well besides hopefully getting it right this time, I'm ALSO planning to throw Civil War Overhaul and the rest of that guys stuff on top (despite saying I didn't like his thing before, apparently it updated, so wth)

Note: if anyone knows how to put new Immersive Armors on top of Skyre properly could you post it here? There is a "patch" but the dude who makes it patches just about every mod ever and apparently has no time for things like readme's and I'm fairly convinced that a mod he listed as "required" for his patch was unneeded and borked everything ever.

Indeed, I do this.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11200 on: October 06, 2014, 09:58:56 am »

After I've finished the game and the DLCs I'm definitely going to start over trying more immersive mods, open cities, etc. Those tycoon mods look interesting. I've had bad experiences with RTS in Fallout tho, the mod feels way too hollow and you end up building some sort of tower defense instead of something that feels alive.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11201 on: October 06, 2014, 10:33:14 am »

So got everything installed and cleaned and in order with LOOT, started up a test game and with a few hours in, everything appears to be working correctly, "ALL THE THINGS" remain unbroken, and I apparently managed to totally unfuck the Immersive Armors+Skyre thing (I was right, the mod he had listed as "required" was breaking the stats of stuffs, so its probably meant to be "required" for one of the fifty other mods he listed on the page...somehow...)

So if all the things continue to remain unbroken then I'll eventually download the Epic Overhaul Compilation (Civil War Overhaul, Dragon Overhaul, Fire and Ice spread, etc.) and see how that effects things.

Indeed, I do this.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11202 on: October 06, 2014, 11:29:15 am »

C&C/Fallout/Skyrimc rossover would be amazing.

Traverse the red and yellow zones. Scavenge from abandoned cities and bases. Avoid tiberium and mutated wildlife that is trying to kill you. Attempt to survive in Tiberium infested terrain that is slowly trying to kill you. Deal with the NOD and GDI and try to avoid pissing either of them off. Trade with small bands of mutants or survivors. Maybe even find a few Scrin artifacts.

Why is this not a thing that exists?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11203 on: October 06, 2014, 12:22:32 pm »

C&C/Fallout/Skyrimc rossover would be amazing.

Traverse the red and yellow zones. Scavenge from abandoned cities and bases. Avoid tiberium and mutated wildlife that is trying to kill you. Attempt to survive in Tiberium infested terrain that is slowly trying to kill you. Deal with the Stormcloaks and Empire and try to avoid pissing either of them off. Trade with small bands of mutants or survivors. Maybe even find a few Daedra artifacts.

Why is this not a thing that exists?
Did some small modifications to your post, but yes it should exist.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11204 on: October 06, 2014, 01:28:12 pm »

The gradual spread of Tiberium and change of landscapes would probably be difficult if not impossible.. Because of CK limits.. I think?
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 896