Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558978 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11340 on: October 22, 2014, 07:18:02 pm »

WTF is going on. I uninstall Skyrim, and steam keeps auto installing all the workshop mods. Including ones from other games into my Skyrim folder? I don't think Age of Empires 2 has anything to do with Skyrim...I can't even run Steam without it auto installing mods and games. Each one keeps going into my Skyrim folder...maybe I have a virus or something as well. Cause this is weird...running out of space...

Guess its just a reinstall time. I don't want to deal with finding whatever virus it is.

See you all late tonight...at least Windows 8 installs super fast (it installed in 30 minutes on dads PC...completely installed. No extra updates or shit)...cause my Windows 7 I can't find and Windows 8 I got for free anyway (not a pirate version btw, a legit store version cause I know the employee and she likes me).
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11341 on: October 22, 2014, 07:31:13 pm »

WTF is going on. I uninstall Skyrim, and steam keeps auto installing all the workshop mods. Including ones from other games into my Skyrim folder? I don't think Age of Empires 2 has anything to do with Skyrim...I can't even run Steam without it auto installing mods and games. Each one keeps going into my Skyrim folder...maybe I have a virus or something as well. Cause this is weird...running out of space...

Guess its just a reinstall time. I don't want to deal with finding whatever virus it is.

See you all late tonight...at least Windows 8 installs super fast (it installed in 30 minutes on dads PC...completely installed. No extra updates or shit)...cause my Windows 7 I can't find and Windows 8 I got for free anyway (not a pirate version btw, a legit store version cause I know the employee and she likes me).

You could try to unsubscribe to those mods.
Also try to manually delete your Skyrim folder after uninstall.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11342 on: October 22, 2014, 08:24:40 pm »

You could try to unsubscribe to those mods.
Also try to manually delete your Skyrim folder after uninstall.

My steam account was hacked. I got an email saying I was banned. Someone used it to sub to mods I guess. But I had tons of weird issues with my PC. Like steam installed games I never even bought on steam, each one was 100gb. With ton of weird file names along with the game files.

My PC is being reinstalled. Should be ready in the next hour.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11343 on: October 22, 2014, 08:53:28 pm »

That's weird as hell. Contact steam.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11344 on: October 22, 2014, 10:42:02 pm »

The email was spam. (edit: Email came from whoever gave me the virus. Looks like he had a steam workshop mod up, but I can't find his username (a russian username, my keyboard doesn't support the text) or mod anymore or what it was even called)...But, my hard drive was fried. Installed windows, and over 1000 (literally) popups of nasty shit. On a brand new windows. Then my screen was getting messed up and GPU was overheating. My hard drive of 1tb had 200mb left and it was brand new windows install.

(edit: And the virus actually came from a steam mod. Surprised it even got into the workshop...guess anything is possible. But it was a russian (I guess, it looks like a russian name...no idea what the text says...doesn't matter really...but looks like its gone. Guess my entire steam client was infected however. Which explains the many thousands of downloads. But I went through and changed my password, email to the account and all that jazz. And I've been going through with other accounts and changing them.)

Replaced hard drive and works great. I must have got a really nasty Trojan somehow.

I'm guessing a nexus mod was infected. They've had issues like that before. And no, I never downloaded exe mods or open those...I know better than that..
Just skse. So it must have snuck in.

(edit: Wow my modded skyrim is better than ever :D its even better than when my mod was released the other day :) And runs better too lol...40-50 fps instead of 20-30 and my vanilla skyrim is back at a normal 60 fps. Guess I was badly infected.)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:08:57 am by Vendayn »

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11345 on: October 23, 2014, 05:33:56 pm »

Well, looks like I'm done adding mods lol. I add any mod, or even make a new save (though it keeps working on all races except a custom one I have)...the HDT physics on armor/body/weapons/hair suddenly doesn't work anymore. And it all spazzes out.

At least I backed up the folder from when it worked lol...guess I hit the mod limit on my game. Because physics wasn't only weird thing...I add a single other mod (no matter which), my whole game bugs out and once shadows were so messed up it actually was artificating (which might be my GPU). But I doubt it, because it works as long as I don't add a single other mod.

Oh well...not a big deal. My game is rather perfectly working and a ton of content that I had to cut out from my released mod, I managed to get working in my personal setup.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11346 on: October 24, 2014, 04:13:27 pm »

OMG Aetherium Crown + Ritual Stone = instant army...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 05:47:44 pm by Sergius »

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11347 on: October 25, 2014, 01:19:59 pm »

Anyone ever do the Skyrim Revisited mod overhaul (not skyre,this is like 150 mods) ? I followed step last year. It was a long learning curve to follow all the videos and figure out the lingo. This one is even more work, but has alot of features that are added. It would be fun to play with a fully decked out game like this. Id probably add mroe stuff to it even on top of this based on some forum instructions.
It looks like a minimum of 20+ hours of work for me between downloads, re-watching videos from last year and readng all the guides on the site (again).

-- guide
http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition

There are instructions in the forum to add skyre or requiem to it and other stuff.
-- forum page
http://forum.step-project.com/forum/56-skyrim-revisited/

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11348 on: October 27, 2014, 12:28:13 pm »

Here is my latest Skyrim character. I went for a different look than my usual character. I think she came out rather well. :)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/Vendayn/Skyrim/Ultimate%20Overhaul%20-%20Isabella/Ultimate%20Skyrim%20Overhaul%20-%20Laenaya/LaenayaTheIcePrincess02.jpg

Not entirely fitting Skyrim...but, my backstory (summary) is she came from a very cold, harsh land...think of north/south pole in real world terms.

She is a vampire (wasn't before arriving in Skyrim), and uses only ice magic. If need be, she'll use a one handed sword.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11349 on: October 27, 2014, 01:05:11 pm »

Heh. PTW. Finally got a good GPU to play this. I went from 10-20 FPS at best on my built-in and lowest res.

Now I'm running a nice even 60 fps the whole time at ultra-high settings :D

Currently playing a wood elf sniper who finishes enemies off currently with a sword-and-board but I'm going to smith the hell out of stuff until I can make an ultra-dagger to stab peeps with.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11350 on: October 27, 2014, 02:00:05 pm »

Here is my latest Skyrim character. I went for a different look than my usual character. I think she came out rather well. :)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/Vendayn/Skyrim/Ultimate%20Overhaul%20-%20Isabella/Ultimate%20Skyrim%20Overhaul%20-%20Laenaya/LaenayaTheIcePrincess02.jpg

Not entirely fitting Skyrim...but, my backstory (summary) is she came from a very cold, harsh land...think of north/south pole in real world terms.

She is a vampire (wasn't before arriving in Skyrim), and uses only ice magic. If need be, she'll use a one handed sword.

Looks a bit heavy on the makeup. :P

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11351 on: October 27, 2014, 06:58:45 pm »

It's like a glittery statue.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11352 on: October 27, 2014, 07:08:00 pm »

Something that pulled at me when I visited the Alchemist's lab was that I wanted something like the FNV hardcore "eat food or die" mode.

Are there any good mods like that?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11353 on: October 27, 2014, 07:14:12 pm »

Well, the skin is more of a bluish color...sort of like how Sylvanas from WoW looks. I barely used any makeup?

It is this link: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/Vendayn/Skyrim/Ultimate%20Overhaul%20-%20Isabella/Ultimate%20Skyrim%20Overhaul%20-%20Laenaya/LaenayaTheIcePrincess02.jpg

Outside of the skin tint, and the blue lips...I honestly don't see where there is a lot of makeup. A bit around the eyes, but I went for a sort of undead looking character...and guess closest example is Sylvanas (though I wasn't thinking of her at the time).

Not trying to be defensive or anything, just saying, I barely used any makeup lol.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11354 on: October 27, 2014, 07:16:05 pm »

that armor tho. Dang.
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 896