Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558633 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12975 on: October 18, 2016, 07:21:19 am »

On, uh, less anime news, Sony decided to stop being dumb and allow for mods on the ps4. Same restrictions as the XBONE though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12976 on: October 18, 2016, 05:50:53 pm »

On, uh, less anime news, Sony decided to stop being dumb and allow for mods on the ps4. Same restrictions as the XBONE though.

Salvaging the thread from the second page because good news: Sony came around and PS4 peasants can now have mods in their Skyrim (and Fallout).

You will not be able to upload external assets with your PlayStation 4 mods, but you will be able to use any assets that come with the game, as most mods do

...I'm not even sure that can be counted as proper modding support.

EDIT: ...you used confusing wording in that second post, so i didn't notice, yeah, earlier was still mod support, but definitely not proper

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12977 on: October 18, 2016, 06:46:44 pm »

Damn, I forgot I even posted the news. I should commit sudoku or something like that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12978 on: October 18, 2016, 09:38:52 pm »

Kiboshes a lot of the top Nexus mods. I know very little about the actual process of modding, but it seems like all people will be able to create with console mods are cute little dungeons and small scripts that don't require any sort of voiced in-character explanation.

Actually, I'm thinking there will probably be a way to side-load mods. That is, if people don't just buy the PC version for mods. I have no idea why, but every person I know that has Skyrim has ended up with multiple copies of various editions.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 09:56:03 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12979 on: October 18, 2016, 10:33:47 pm »

Kiboshes a lot of the top Nexus mods. I know very little about the actual process of modding, but it seems like all people will be able to create with console mods are cute little dungeons and small scripts that don't require any sort of voiced in-character explanation.

Actually, I'm thinking there will probably be a way to side-load mods. That is, if people don't just buy the PC version for mods. I have no idea why, but every person I know that has Skyrim has ended up with multiple copies of various editions.
I know a guy who buys Fallout for PS4 because he doesn't want it to ever be tainted by mods.

Yup.

I'm not joking.

I only talked to him once and after I heard him say that, I just wrote him off completely. Also the whole "I refuse to eat vegetables" thing but that was minor compared to actively hating mods.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12980 on: October 18, 2016, 10:39:39 pm »

I know a guy who buys Fallout for PS4 because he doesn't want it to ever be tainted by mods.

Yup.

I'm not joking.

I only talked to him once and after I heard him say that, I just wrote him off completely. Also the whole "I refuse to eat vegetables" thing but that was minor compared to actively hating mods.

I saw that a lot in the Skyrim facegroup I was a part of "Skyrim is better on consoles because there isn't mods to change bethesda's vision of the game."...and the stupidest one "Skyrim wasn't designed for mods"...also the cliche "mods are cheats and overpower the game, they really ruin the experience"

I left the group obviously. Was mostly kids, idiots and trolls lol.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12981 on: October 18, 2016, 11:18:34 pm »

I only mod Skyrim for cosmetic and extremely minor gameplay stuff, like Horses for Followers. That's aside from patches of course.

I don't think I could ever play the game without SkyUI again, even if I was doing totally vanilla otherwise.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12982 on: October 19, 2016, 03:45:30 am »

Really but mods are so properly balanced and well made the vast majority of the time with consideration for the setting they are being put into with artistic and mechanical cohesion... why would he think that?

No wait... reverse that... I forgot the reason I never mod a lot of the games people tell me I should mod...

Most mods suck... even most popular ones... (due to what I call "Special Snowflake Syndrome")

There is kind of a reason why the "best mods" lists went from being mods that actually did something in the game... To mods that fixed UI problems and graphics.

So yeah I can totally side with someone getting a version of a game specifically because it can't get mods.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 04:02:00 am by Neonivek »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12983 on: October 19, 2016, 05:05:55 am »

Completely random question, but d'you folks have any tips for getting followers to stop dying? I'm currently doing a main-quest only run since I've never actually completed it, light armor two-hander dude, and as a consequence of that I kinda keep getting all my companions I bring with me killed. All the time. There's been Lydia, at least two mercenary guys, that lady who accidentally killed someone while trying to join the Companions, and at least one other. I'm only like level 14 or 15 at most at this point, they just keep dying. Their corpses lie all over Skyrim. So many hopes and dreams snuffed out because the dumb loot holders keep dying.

So, uh. Any tips for getting them to not to the dumb?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12984 on: October 19, 2016, 05:13:43 am »

Question: Playing on PC or console?
Because there are mods which makes followers unkillable, although they can still be incapacitated.

edit: derp
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:11:51 am by Ultimuh »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12985 on: October 19, 2016, 06:35:59 am »

So yeah I can totally side with someone getting a version of a game specifically because it can't get mods.
why tho

if u dont want mods........... just dont install mods?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12986 on: October 19, 2016, 07:16:28 am »

why tho

if u dont want mods........... just dont install mods?

Well, you know, if they could install the invincibility mod and the one shot kill all enemies mod, how can they be expected to have the self control not to install them?  So obviously the only reasonable solution is to not have the option!

Sarcasm aside, I fully agree with you, but unfortunately that mindset isn't exactly rare, similar arguments are used for all sorts of things...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12987 on: October 19, 2016, 10:09:00 am »

Completely random question, but d'you folks have any tips for getting followers to stop dying? I'm currently doing a main-quest only run since I've never actually completed it, light armor two-hander dude, and as a consequence of that I kinda keep getting all my companions I bring with me killed. All the time. There's been Lydia, at least two mercenary guys, that lady who accidentally killed someone while trying to join the Companions, and at least one other. I'm only like level 14 or 15 at most at this point, they just keep dying. Their corpses lie all over Skyrim. So many hopes and dreams snuffed out because the dumb loot holders keep dying.

Are you fighting some kind of explosive monster, or on top of a mountain or something? Once a follower gets on one knee, enemies will ignore them until they have all their health back, and they'll be totally fine barring accidents or you killing them yourself.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12988 on: October 19, 2016, 12:48:10 pm »

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11009/?

Or you can join Neonivek's Bizzaro-I-Disagree-With-Everything-Automatically world or something, then just git gud.

Though in all seriousness the game's base AI is pretty much limited to see enemy -> charge. So unless you find someway to mitigate that effect (read: mods), they're probably going to keep getting into trouble and then you're going to keep accidentally killing them or they die to some kind of DoT or AoE attack.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12989 on: October 19, 2016, 02:06:47 pm »

There's a console command to set an NPC as essential, right? That could work, too.

But I liked the follower tweaks mod more.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 896