Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550075 times)

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #13110 on: December 12, 2016, 07:46:08 am »

I think there was also a punching enchantment that increases unarmed damage.
Though I think you can only get it from one or two unique items in the game, so if you've already sold them (instead of disenchanting them) you're out of luck.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13111 on: December 12, 2016, 08:02:48 am »

Though I think you can only get it from one or two unique items in the game, so if you've already sold them (instead of disenchanting them) you're out of luck.
It's from the guy living in the sewers of the town that's only notable for having a thief's guild.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13112 on: December 12, 2016, 08:07:27 am »

They also have an orphanage where you can murder an old lady and nobody cares you did it.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13113 on: December 12, 2016, 08:08:06 am »

Except a group of emo assassin wannabe fanbois.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13114 on: December 12, 2016, 08:25:36 am »

Sure, emo.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13115 on: December 12, 2016, 08:49:15 am »

There is also Maven whom I'd really like to stab, but Skyrim thinks she is important and won't let me.
Curse you Beth, you and your Essentials.

If I can sneak into somebodies room while they sleep I should also be allowed to stab them  :(
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13116 on: December 12, 2016, 10:00:30 am »

Vivec will look down upon those essential mortals, and he will mutter, "Casuals..." before dropping Baar Dau on them.

Or at least he would have if he hadn't had his head impaled on a spear. Bloody slaver.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13117 on: December 12, 2016, 10:03:23 am »

Or at least he would have if he hadn't had his head impaled on a spear. Bloody slaver.

Nerevar reborn, bicthes!

Sorry.

edit: fixed for grammar.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 10:08:28 am by Ultimuh »

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13118 on: December 12, 2016, 10:59:08 am »

Karate-cat anecdote. I have the Immersive Armour mod on, and crafted myself a Barbarian set. It looks rather nice indeed, and has decent stats. It did not impress a guard I met, however.

-"Wörd åf advise, friend. Dat armour wånt gif mutch protektion in a real fight."
-"But Khajiit feels pretty... And Khajiit do not do 'real fight'..."
-"Well, to eech der åwn. Suppose it hälps your agility, does it?"
-"No, but it turns heads. Now let go of your wallet."

It is fantasy, after all, and more to the point, it is Elder Scrolls. I shall laugh at your arrows, absorb them and fire them right back!

Unarmed damage as Khajiit starts off very good, at 22 damage at level 1 vs most weapon, magic and ranged options come nowhere near that until a couple of perks are invested.

Of course, your unarmed damage never goes up, unless you wear heavy armor, and take Fists of Steel, which increases your unarmed damage by 0.5x Gauntlet armor rating. I believe it caps at something like 42, normally.

Some mods, especially perk mods, attempt to overhaul unarmed into a viable build. Ordinator is a good example. Here are the perks available that affect unarmed in Ordinator:

Spoiler: Light Armor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sneak (click to show/hide)

That is an idea. I am rather worried about slotting in such a big mod in a running game, however. Next time, perhaps. For Karate-Cat Mk. II. I will lose out on skill points, but it is not exactly difficult to level up in Skyrim.

Yes, that was my idea, sort of. Load up the game editor, make a little mod with a few rings with that enchantment on and spread them out, so I can scale it upwards as I please. There are still the magic punch gloves in Riften, but unless you invest early, it takes a while for enchanting to be very reliable, I find.

They also have an orphanage where you can murder an old lady and nobody cares you did it.

I assumed they hate her, too. They can probably hear it all accross town when she gets the belt out. Poor little children.
I usually wear my Thalmor 'disguise', but I doubt anyone would be fooled.

I must say, come to think of it, that the Special Edition actually was worth the effort to update. Not something I'd pay for, mind, but the nice new effects did quite the difference to me. It looks awfully more pretty and colourful now. Particularly boring old Riften. It is a minor facelift, but it does make the difference. It's odd, I usually do not notice things like that.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13119 on: December 12, 2016, 11:07:09 am »

According to the wiki, the rings are from a radiant quest (so maybe repeatable?) but can't be disenchanted.  It has to be the gloves from the sewer guy.  You can then put that enchantment on gloves and rings.

Still no idea how strong the enchantment will be with a normal 100 enchantment and perks (IE, without using Fortify Enchantment).  But it seems to be a straight addition of damage, so it doesn't multiply the argonian/khajiit bonuses.

I kinda want to give that a try sometime, but Nexus Mod Manager failed to reinstall my nice modlist.  Probably need to update a bunch of stuff ):
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13120 on: December 12, 2016, 11:56:33 am »

snip

That is an idea. I am rather worried about slotting in such a big mod in a running game, however. Next time, perhaps. For Karate-Cat Mk. II. I will lose out on skill points, but it is not exactly difficult to level up in Skyrim.

Ordinator plays pretty well. If you've already got invested perk points, it checks which ones you've got, refunds them, then updates with the new Ordinator perk list. It's pretty easy to slot into a new game, just don't remove it during a playthrough and you'll be fine. Here's the link. It even has an option to uninstall as cleanly as you can with mods in Skyrim. (Also, I don't know if it's been updated for SSE yet, though.)

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13121 on: December 12, 2016, 12:09:39 pm »

Fantastic! Thank you kindly. (Thankfully, there is an SSE-edition. I am fast running out of excuses to not take the plunge)

I like the sound of those Restoration perks. It is quite fun to play as a battle-priest. Oh, the possibilities..!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13122 on: December 13, 2016, 01:14:02 pm »

I should try Skyrim again. My last game stranded due to mysteriously aggressive guards, but I should really try a Heavy Armor resto-priest. It sounds like fun. Although I would also like to play as a powermad necromage... Choices, choices...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13123 on: December 13, 2016, 01:28:20 pm »

As long as you shoot bows from darkness (;

Edit:  Really though I want to try a brawler-Khajiit with ~enchantments~

And alchemy because it's just as seductive as stealth-archery.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 01:31:09 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13124 on: December 13, 2016, 02:36:30 pm »

alchemy is the easiest money maker in skyrim. Run across a hold and brew all your ingredients, boom, thousands of gold for you to enjoy.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 896