Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 879 880 [881] 882 883 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550177 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #13200 on: January 17, 2017, 08:22:28 am »

That quest is completable.

You need to nick the rings out of the library without the librarian noticing. There is a note in the room with the giant daedric gauntlet in the summoning circle on the floor that tells you that the investigator removed the rings from the gauntlet and stored them in the library for safe keeping (because he considers them dangerous.)

If you bring the rings to the gauntlet and put them on it, it will activate, and it summons a dremora pirate. He says that the souls of the people who bound him are trapped in oblivion all the same.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Midden
Nope, not that one, the unfinished one mentioned by Phinis Gestor.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_Apprentices

You can even find their remains and their named quest items if you look in the right spot, but the actual quest is never activated in your journal and doesn't exist in the game files.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13201 on: January 17, 2017, 11:05:08 am »

Skyrim always struck me as a simple power-fantasy game. I can see why a survival mode might have been seen as an illogical move by the designers; it'd be like adding a survival mode to DOOM or something.

Besides, they probably knew that nobody plays Bethesda games unmodded besides console peasants so I think they intentionally left anything they weren't sure about to the modding community.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13202 on: January 17, 2017, 11:14:31 am »

There is something fun about dreading the hike to winterhold simply because it's BLOODY COLD and you'll die on the way if you don't prepare first. And it makes you wonder at the first mage guild quest where they casually ask you to hike several miles across frozen ice and tundra and give you absolutely nothing to help. Like what kind of safety record does this college have anyway? Clearly it's very poor considering the state of winterhold.
This, but I also especially like having a mechanical reason not to casually swim around in supposedly arctic waters.  You still can, with a little preparation, but the acknowledgement of the situation is nice.

But yeah that mod's definitely not for everybody...  Either you're looking for what it does, or not.  It does do a good job!  I liked it a lot better than Ineeds, which I found annoying and fairly glitchy.  Having merchant stalls or indoor counters full of "stale" carrots and lettuce didn't exactly help immersion, either.  Some people say RND is better?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13203 on: January 17, 2017, 11:17:40 am »

I used Frostfall and RND along with a few compatible camping mods, cloak mods and the like. It worked fairly well. I also had one that gave more realistic handling of animal kills. Between them, my wood elf hunter could camp anywhere game was plentiful and have enough food and wood to live without going to town. Could even outfit himself with decent gear given enough effort and time.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13204 on: January 17, 2017, 12:26:07 pm »

I used Frostfall and RND along with a few compatible camping mods, cloak mods and the like. It worked fairly well. I also had one that gave more realistic handling of animal kills. Between them, my wood elf hunter could camp anywhere game was plentiful and have enough food and wood to live without going to town. Could even outfit himself with decent gear given enough effort and time.

I will say that this is a very rewarding style of play with the right mods--basically the same set up had when I was playing Skyrim. It always kind of fell apart though when you make it back to civilization and it's kind of wonky in comparison.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #13205 on: January 18, 2017, 07:23:47 pm »

I always wanted a mod that gave you landscape devoid of civilization, sans maybe one place. Imagine a mod where the map was Skyrim sized but with only one village on the edge that could maybe be improved by player to eventually include everything you could want.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13206 on: January 18, 2017, 08:07:02 pm »

I always wanted a mod that gave you landscape devoid of civilization, sans maybe one place. Imagine a mod where the map was Skyrim sized but with only one village on the edge that could maybe be improved by player to eventually include everything you could want.
Alone - An Empty Skyrim - removes the hold capitals(aside from winterhold), many npc random encounters. Unfortunately the mod was abandoned since I last looked at it, so it won't be finished but it at least partially fulfils the aim.

New World Modder Resource - This one apparently has all settlements removed and no npc's, only animals. The description on nexus is apparently misleading.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13207 on: January 18, 2017, 08:27:43 pm »

Sounds pretty dull to me. No NPCs means nobody to offer quests. Unless you're looking to turn the game into a solo survivalist simulator, there's not really any goals if you take out the world's population.

Mind you, I do love survivalist crafting sims, though it's difficult to find any that are any decent quality.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13208 on: January 18, 2017, 10:43:50 pm »

I suppose it would be doable to have a new worldspace mod.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13209 on: January 18, 2017, 11:54:14 pm »

Skyrim's main worldspace taxes the limits of what a 32bit application can achieve, because the world data is borderline on the 4gb limit.

Keep that in mind.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13210 on: January 19, 2017, 01:09:19 am »

It doesn't load the whole thing at once.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13211 on: January 19, 2017, 01:27:25 am »

Interesting fact: the map of Skyrim is rendered in real-time. All of it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13212 on: January 19, 2017, 02:40:10 am »

The overmap is basically a low-LOD representation of the entire world of Skyrim, yeah. It's literally the same thing you see in the distance.

Best example I know of, of that, is that one quest to get the Dawnbreaker sword (and clear a temple of undead), where you're boosted into something like the low stratosphere for a chat with the goddess responsible.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #13213 on: January 19, 2017, 02:05:38 pm »

I suppose it would be doable to have a new worldspace mod.

I was thinking something along those lines. The nice thing about that is there could be like 200 NPCs max, but they have really fully developed stories and identites, multiple branching questlines for each person, and each quest does something to improve or change the town. Many of the quests could be mutually incompatible, from "Hey, these three people want to build a farm right in this nice valley," to "psst... I know the secret of undeath. Kill everyone and I'll show you how to raise them as undead slaves."
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13214 on: January 19, 2017, 06:44:43 pm »

Dark Sun in Skyrim's engine

Landscape would be easy; it's all desert.  :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 879 880 [881] 882 883 ... 896