Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 202897 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Starting.
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2011, 03:26:46 pm »

I prefer the 1d6 vs 1d6.

Otherwise it's up to you.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2011, 05:19:04 pm »

We should do RTD's out of all the Choice of... games. Who's up for some Choice of A Vampire?* That's, in my opinion, their best game.

*not actually planning on starting any games atm

This is a good idea. I loved all the choice of... Games, would be interesting to RTD the others.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2011, 05:22:32 pm »

So, who are we missing?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2011, 06:24:31 pm »

Name: Cevitil
Body:
  Head: Very Rough
  Horns: Large Horns
  Claws: Long Claws
  Scale Color: Black
  Body length: Short
  Spine stiffness: Loose
  Tail: Blade End
  Breath: Lightning

Stats: All non-red. REMEMBER TO FACTOR IN YOUR GENDER AND BODY PARTS PLEASE. And remember to add a plus or minus so I can quickly tell that you are getting it from your body part or gender. Each stat starts at 50 points. And you have 20 bonus points. So in total you have 270 points to work with.
  Strength: 50+10(male)=60-5(bonus=55
  Agility: 50+5(short length)+10(loose spine)+5(blade end)-5(male)=65+5(bonus)=70
  Intelligence: 50-5(male)=45+10(bonus)=55
  Toughness: 50-10(short length)-15(loose spine)+10(male)=35+5(bonus)=45
  Charisma: 50+10(very rough head)+5(large horns+vrough head+male)+5(black color)-5(male)=65+5(bonus)=70
Spoiler: Bonus points (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Total Roll Bonuses (click to show/hide)

Roleplaying:

Cevitil Personality: +cheerful +ambitious +practical +respectful -selfish -can't rely on others -uncooperative -convenience first

Mother background: A cheerful and gigantic blue lightning dragon, if not a bit feeble-minded, Mevith is(was?) the perfect specimen of a 'motherly dragon'. Always paying mind to others, and like to stay in her comfortable cave, she only really went on any interesting adventure when she meant Litril.

Father background: Litril was black dragon, possessing of a sonic breath and a cunning, charismatic intelligence. Although not malevolent, he leaned more towards the violent, action-y side of things. As far as black dragons went, he was actually quite nice to the ones he cared about, and when he meant Mevith, he was quite overcome by her general lack of care about the hardships of the world and her happy little life. In fact, when he threatened to destroy the landscape for miles around her lair, and the lair itself, she laughed and said she would find a new one. Eventually, they then had a child. This is his story.

You may notice a lack of your own background. The reason is because you're not even out of your egg yet.

Tell me if I horribly botched up anything.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2011, 06:41:42 pm »

So, who are we missing?
Repulsion.

Oh, crap. He just posted.

Oh alright, I'll get working. I was tired of beating up naughty non-catholic heathen HRE members and/or outsiders (non-HRE nations) anyway...
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2011, 10:06:42 pm »

So...
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2011, 10:07:19 pm »

So...
he's paying attention to the other RTD I think
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2011, 10:19:49 pm »

If you didn't know, I tend to take a while for turns--even reaching into several days. Plus this is my first serious attempt at flavor-filled updates. And I'm easily distracted. Being sleep deprived doesn't help either. I'm taking a minor break to finish up some tabs I've had open for a while. Have patience.

Anyway, I've finished 3 people. A few more are partially finished and only need a status. Once I feel like starting again, it should go fairly quickly.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2011, 10:21:32 pm »

If you didn't know, I tend to take a while for turns--even reaching into several days. Plus this is my first serious attempt at flavor-filled updates. And I'm easily distracted. Being sleep deprived doesn't help either. I'm taking a minor break to finish up some tabs I've had open for a while. Have patience.

Anyway, I've finished 3 people. A few more are partially finished and only need a status. Once I feel like starting again, it should go fairly quickly.
Oh sorry
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2011, 10:30:32 pm »

Ok then.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 1: Here be a baby dragon (x9).
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2011, 02:33:49 am »

Oh god oh god oh god this will be in front of millions of people.

And I'm completely unsure if it's good or not.

Will someone from the future post telling me before I post this?

No?

Damn. Oh well.

Anyway, I do hope you guys counted correctly on stats, because I'm not going to take the time to find out if you did by myself.

Quote from: Talarion
Be born.
[1 oh man, freaking RNG]: Today is a strange day. Usually, it's mostly quiet around with some monster coming and stomping around once an a while. This time, out of nowhere, tiny stomps came at an unusual time. I wonder- *SLICE! CRACK* A blade smacks your head, and slices your stomach, getting past the scales and cutting into flesh. No! You were just born! You're too young to die!

"GET AWAY FROM MY CHILD YOU BARBARIC HUMAN!" Something roars, and smashes the small creature away. The large creature breaks open the egg and softy drags you out. You cry in pain. You're bleeding. You won't die, but you're certainly not in a good state. The large creature lunges at the small one, and... the small one cuts deep into the large one! Oh no! But, the large one screams again. "DIE!" And smashes her tail into the small one with all her might. The small one does not move again.

You, sadly, loose  5 strength, agility, intelligence, and toughness... At least... you're still... alive. [1, are you kidding]: "At least it wasn't father... I don't think I would've been able to hold him off, my... son. My wonderful, wonderful son. Ever since that human casted that spell, he's never been the same..." The large creature strokes you, trying to calm you back to sleep. It doesn't work. Several hours later, you are hungry and in mild pain, but the larger creature isn't moving. She's breathing somewhat shallowly, but she's stopped bleeding. You can walk... barely.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Aklyon
Be born.
[5 wow, double 5]: It's time... you've been feeling the urge to leave for days, but you decided to finish every bit of your Egg white before leaving, knowing instinctively that you need to get a head start. It's been very comfortable, But now, it's time to leave. Tapping your home all around, you find a weak point and PUSH (intelligence is highest stat, higher than agility or strength)! You burst out, upside down. Above you, is a very big creature. She gasps, excited and surprised at the same time. She looks at you in the face, closely. "Messy child, aren't you?" She jokes. You bubble with your mouth, confused. "You are... a boy!" She says, excited. "A beautiful, beautiful boy." [3] "If only your father were here... He's never around for me anymore."

"I didn't think you were strong enough to get out of that egg. You sure are a smart, and strong boy." She says happily.

For that 5, enjoy +5 Strength, agility, intelligence, and toughness.

Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Dermonster
Be born.
[6]: "Is it time?" "I don't know! I told you you should've got Johnny, not Adams!" "Hey, I thought he knew dragons well." "No, he said DRAKES, as in, DUCKS YOU MORON." "Well, I don't think I could push him back to his mum, and she'll be pissed if he be missing." "I agree. We have no choice. Get the sword." *Slice!*

The world comes to you at the speed of... well, light. As you fall out of your egg, you see three blurry figures slightly bigger than you. "Oh, look at the little guy!" The one on the left, with the sword, says. "What be with his single horn? Don't dragons have two?" The one on the right says "Usually, but not all the time." The one in the center says. You stand, confused. "Can he walk?" The one on the right says. He walks away and gestures to you. "Come here, little guy. Come here. Come, come." You are so confused. You walk to the man. "He can walk. Quickly, get him back to his mum." One of the other two says.

The three figures tie a rope to your neck. You protest mildly, but they calm you down. Barely. Next, they walk you up a steep hill. Where you trip and strain a leg. "Come on, fella, you're almost home. It's just a wee sprain." The man who was in the center pulls you lightly. You follow, not being able to do much else. Eventually, you enter a big cave. "Now, sit here and wait for mum." The one that was on the left unties your neck, pets you, and insists you stay when you start to follow him. Eventually, you get the point and sit. The man pets you one more time. "Hurry up! His mother be coming back soon!" The one on the right says. Later, a large figure enters the cave. "Oh my, you hatched while I was away!" She says. "Ma ma." She says. You are absolutely positively confused. [2] "If only father were here, he would know what to do to make you talk..." She backs away a little and then says "Mommy is going to go to nearby village for tribute. Wait here and eat this." She drops a piece of red meat. You are confused. "Oh, and your name is Scientia Addo. I was thinking of so many names, but that one I just loved for a girl's name."

What is going ooooooon?

Oh, some other thing is cracking strangely. Hm... (That's Elfeater/Nelar, by the way. He gets born after mother gets back. You two are the only two who have the same mother).

Well. That was a strange adventure. For all that talking that went on, you learned a lot about how to talk. Gaining 10 Charisma and 5 Intelligence. For straining your leg so young, however, you loose 5 agility and 5 toughness.

Quote from: Repulsion
Be born.
[4]: Another day in your home... it's getting kinda small for you. You're getting an urge to get out. So you try cracking the egg by striking in a circle (high agilityz). It works. You struggle to get out, though: You underestimated your size! You cry a little while a big creature carefully chips away a larger hole for you. When you are freed you gurgle happily a little as the big creature inspects you. "Oh... son! I'm so glad you're out. I've been so anxious! You don't know what it's like to wait several months, knowing that a little bundle of joy is waiting to burst out into the world!" She says happily. "What do you want you want for your name oh little one?" "Ce... vit... el..." You bumble randomly. "Cevitil! ...That's a great name." [6] "Hopefully your father can get rid of those little people following him around and pop in to see us."

The average birth nets you only 5 points of agility.

Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Digital Hellhound
Be born.
[1, oh my]: "HOW DARE YOU MATE WITH HIM?!", you hear very loudly. You taste your first sense of fear. "I WARNED YOU NOT TO MATE WITH MY RIVAL, AND NOW YOUR CHILD WILL HAVE TO PAY!" *CRASH* Your home breaks and you fly out onto the ground. "NO! STAY AWAY FROM MY BABY YOU BASTARD!" Despite the extreme headache you have, and the pain thoughout a large part of your body, you manage to look at two figures fighting. One is smaller than the other, but fighting ferociously. In the fighting, red dots to occasionally fly from each, and afterwards they scream. This continues for a few minutes. Until... "GET OUT!" The smaller one strikes very, very hard at the other. The other, grasps his body, and leaves quickly. "YOU... BITCH!" He screams defiantly.

The aftermath is not pretty. Already, some of your rib bones are broken. Some muscles are bruised, and your head took a severe beating. In addition, you weren't due to leave home yet, and that did not help. All in all, you loose 5 strength, agility, intelligence, and toughness. :(

[3]: "If only your father was here." The smaller figure speaks, standing over you. Bleeding severely. "He doesn't care for either of us, my child..." She tries to calm you, as you cry in pain. You barely manage to stand a few hours later. Your mother isn't so lucky, and is too hurt to take care of you right now. It's up to yourself to try and survive... What a horrible introduction to the world.

Quote from: freeformschooler
Be born.
[1, I'm not rigging these, I swear]: All is quiet. As you continue eating what food is left in your egg. That doesn't last as a hammer smashes in the egg, sending you flying out the other end crying. A large creature roars in anger and charges the small creature. The small creature smashes the large one in the chest, sending the large one reeling before she hits the small creature with her tail. The large creature tries to walk over to you, but she falls down half way. [5, father to the rescue!]: Suddenly, another large creature enters the cave, and looks over the other large one. They stare at eachother mumbling gently before the new one walks over to you. "How could anyone do this to you, my daughter?" "I swear they shall pay. I swear, my daughter Nuvian."

You did not take the hammer hit well. Loosing 5 strength, agility, intelligence, and toughness.

On the other hand, having your father around will net you more stats if he teaches you things and you pay attention.

Additionally, I just realized you thought you gained intelligence via head and claws. That is definitely not correct. You also had 20 points remaining. So I put them all into Int to simplify things.

Quote from: KineseN
Be born.
[3, at least it isn't a 1!]: Why! Why! Why must you leave your home! It's so warm... sure, there isn't any food left, but it's so warm! *Crack* Oh no your home! *Crack* "Come on, my child, it's time to leave." A creature says to you. No! You want to stay! "I gave birth to you, you owe it to me to make yourself worth it."

Your mother forces you from your egg. "Eat." She drops a red thing in front of you. It's cold! Eww! You don't want to eat it! "EAT IT. Come on, I'm not going to babysit you." The large creature says to you. You don't understand. "Oh wait, baby... doesn't know English." She says. "...Roaarar?" She tries again. You don't understand! Your baby brain is-*Gag* She stuffs the red thing into your mouth and down your throat! You cry for a few minutes. "What should I name you, my baby?" She says. You, coughing after crying for a long time, accidentally say something like "Kin". "Ahhhh, I know, Kin! Simple and easy. So I won't have a hard time remembering your name. Well, Kin, I hope you're ready to spend the rest of my life repaying me for me giving you life." You stare, confused at the last sentence.

[1, oh for god's sake RNG] "I hope you're ready to defend yourself, Father is coming back sometime soon, and he's not going to like the fact that you look mostly like me."

Oh, what a way to join the world: Bad mother, worse father...

Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)

Also, I say thank you for making your character so basic: Less work for me!

Quote from: Elfeater
Be born.
[5, lucky you]: The home you knew for all your life so far is getting too big. It's been a very warm home for a long time. But you are quickly getting an urge to break out of it, and you cannot resist. You struggle against the walls of your home, cracking them by hitting in vulnerable spots (agility is highest attacking stat). Eventually, you get out. DAMN IT'S COLD. Well, colder than your home. Not unbearably cold. With your blurry eyes, a big creature comes over you. "Oh my dear!" She says as she pats the wet Egg white from your back. "You're finally out, I didn't even have to help you." She says. The words mean nothing to you as you are too young to understand. She puts her face up to yours. You actually get to see her face for the first time, blue and smooth. "Ma ma." She says. You make a dragon-coo, vaguely sounding like... of course... Ma ma! You said your first word so quickly! "Oh my dear!" Her voice breaking. She seems extremely excited. You just sit there confused, but smiling. "What should I name you?" She looks intently. You respond, cooing, "Neeeh, neeeeeeh", not knowing that these few moments are the most important of your life. She responds "Neh?" You finalize by saying "Aaaaaaaa, rrrrr." as you reach for her face. "Nelar..." She says, looking at you closely and smiling. "Welcome to the world, my daughter!" She says, making a sort of hug. You are confused. [4], OVERRIDDEN BY SAME FATHER, REPLACED WITH DERMONSTER'S ROLL OF [2] DUE TO COIN FLIP: "Your father would've been be overjoyed to see you. Too bad he never will..."

"Go see your brother, over there." She shoves you towards a creature that looks vaguely like you. (Dermonster/Scientia Addo).

For getting such a great start, you gain 5 Strength, Agility, Intelligence, and Charisma.

Spoiler: Elfeater: Nelar (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Dwarmin
Be born into a world of havoc.
[3]: Om nom nom n-wait, what the- OH MY GOD SOMETHING PLUCKED YOU OUT OF YOUR EGG. It's big, and... stroking you?

"Come on, you've taken ten more days than the average hatch rate. It's time to leave." The monster says. She sighs. "You've got a lot ahead of you, you shouldn't waste time." You cry, still confused. She continues stroking you. "You're not helping my self confidence." [2] "If only father were still around, he might be able to calm you with one of his songs... Man do I miss him despite him being an absolute... something..." You continue crying.

The creature sighs once again. "Calm down, dear Anthramarux. It'll be alright." You continue crying until your mouth is dry and the creature gives up on trying to comfort you and leaves. Then decide to stop.

This 3 birth nets you no bonuses.

Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)

GOOD GOD THAT TOOK A WHILE. IF IT SUCKS I'M SORRY BUT THAT WAS EXTREMELY TEDIOUS FOR SOME REASON. Maybe it was trying to find out 9 ways to describe breaking out of an egg?

Anyway, if you guys are confused as to where you are, it's simple; you're all in the cave you were born in. Go be the curious little dragon you are. Every action will have an effect. Unless it's just standing in place or sleeping.

I'll give this phase 5 turns, then we'll move onto the slightly-more-intelligent-character-phase of Childhood.

As I'm still working on the map, I'll wait before rolling a dice to decide where you are in the world.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:35:59 am by Tarran »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2011, 02:43:31 am »

Talk to mother and learn

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2011, 02:52:03 am »

Learn what, exactly?

Quote from: The Rules
Don't do vague actions. Don't do actions that could be taken more than one way without specifying what you want to do. If you do either, I have full rights to take it how I want it.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2011, 02:53:22 am »

Learn what, exactly?

Quote from: The Rules
Don't do vague actions. Don't do actions that could be taken more than one way without specifying what you want to do. If you do either, I have full rights to take it how I want it.
learn about the world history and the like and skills

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2011, 02:56:57 am »

Kin took a look around the cave, still confused about the new enviroment. It was nothing like his comfty home.

Kin started to search the cave for something of interest, like something to read or play with. What lies around here and what was mother drake up to.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 136