???

Yep
- 0 (0%)
'unno
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 12, 2011, 12:30:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 335

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG! (DEAD.)  (Read 388199 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG! (We leveled! Pick new common sylladex cards!)
« Reply #765 on: October 09, 2011, 12:17:29 am »

DB: Initiative!!!
15+4=19

Okay, so battle order is: 2, 3, DB, 1.

Imp 2 moves up to you, now on your east side. It attacks you, striking for 5 damage.

Imp 3 stands around, examining one of your vehicles. Weirdo.

Your turn. Remember, attacking with a ranged weapon grants opportunity attacks to adjacent enemies.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 09, 2011, 01:21:26 am »

Spoiler: pesterlog (click to show/hide)

RL has alchemized the Halberd's Bite - properties Unreliable, Hardened Edge, and Elemental Infusion I. Or, for those who don't want to look it up, -1 to attack rolls, +1 to damage, and an upgrading of the hit dice from 1d12 to 2d6. Now, from what I understand, I have to pass a preroll to get it into my hand, right?
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 09, 2011, 03:33:43 am »

Spoiler: pesterlog (click to show/hide)

RL has alchemized the Halberd's Bite - properties Unreliable, Hardened Edge, and Elemental Infusion I. Or, for those who don't want to look it up, -1 to attack rolls, +1 to damage, and an upgrading of the hit dice from 1d12 to 2d6. Now, from what I understand, I have to pass a preroll to get it into my hand, right?

Exactly. You may choose to do so now, or when we all draw when the common sylladex is completed again.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 09, 2011, 11:10:00 am »

Flarp Manual then.
Raggle Fraggle

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 09, 2011, 04:49:31 pm »

So if I draw it, does it take up a spot in my sylladex? And if it does, does it continue to do so if I collect it?
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 09, 2011, 07:59:32 pm »

So if I draw it, does it take up a spot in my sylladex? And if it does, does it continue to do so if I collect it?

Yes, it will take up a spot in your hand.

Once you collect it, it will not neccesarily, and you will have access to all of its passive abilities. I don't think you gave it a power, but if you had, it would be usable only when you hold the card.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 09, 2011, 08:40:10 pm »

Yes, it will take up a spot in your hand.

Once you collect it, it will not neccesarily, and you will have access to all of its passive abilities. I don't think you gave it a power, but if you had, it would be usable only when you hold the card.
I thought all weapons alchemised automatically gained a card power a la page 55 of the manual...?

But yeah, I'mma try to draw that sucker. Rolled an 8.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 09, 2011, 08:47:26 pm »

Yeah, you will be able to draw it. I'll go ahead and add it to your hand now. are you going to flush your smartphone and redraw, or just hold onto it?

Edit: You were correct about the power as well. I must have been thinking about the armor.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 09, 2011, 09:01:35 pm »

I.... think I'll flush and redraw the smartphone, actually.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 09, 2011, 09:06:07 pm »

I.... think I'll flush and redraw the smartphone, actually.

Alrighty. Remember, the Smartphone is a collectible, so you get the passive powers from it, even later. Wish we could get those last couple sylladex cards.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 10, 2011, 02:03:18 am »

So I was mulling (heheh) earlier and now I want to know: What role are exiles going to have here? will we see/meet them? Will we have to follow their console orders? And most importantly, who are they?

I also could use a bit of a summary on sylladexes (sylladice?) and alchemy.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 02:05:18 am by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 10, 2011, 02:44:55 am »

So I was mulling (heheh) earlier and now I want to know: What role are exiles going to have here? will we see/meet them? Will we have to follow their console orders? And most importantly, who are they?

I also could use a bit of a summary on sylladexes (sylladice?) and alchemy.

*cracks knuckles* Infodump?

Infodump.

A brief summary on the In-Game properties of Sylladexi and Alchemy
By Blade Master Model 42

Managing your sylladex in the Homestuck RPG, in stark contrast to the sylladexi of the canon Homestuck of MSPaintAdventures, is quite simple.
Based on your level, you have a limited number of cards within your hand, that you may deploy whenever you like. You draw your cards from both your Personal Sylladex, as well as the Common Sylladex, which both gain cards in different ways. Also, Alchemization is also a simple process, and easily explained. Inventory management has never been easier!

The sylladex is a simple system to use. At the end of an encounter, or when you gain a level and increase your hand size, and have performed Alchemy and added to the Common Sylladex, you can gain sylladex cards for your hand. The number of cards you get is related to the levels you have. When you have gained all of the levels, you may have a total of 5 cards at once, allowing you to turn even the most unbalanced of tables. Once you use a card in an encounter, you must flush the card back into the deck at the end of an encounter. You may choose to retain or flush unused cards, except for Rare cards, but that is for another discussion. After you have flushed your hand, you may draw up to your hand size once more.

On the subject of drawing, you draw from both the Common Sylladex, and, starting at level 2, the Personal Sylladex. The Common Sylladex gains cards whenever a player gains a level, when Players can add 1 card to the deck if they choose to do so. These cards can vary from providing timely assistance to a player in Strife, or unlocking rare Alchemization options. The Personal Sylladex gains cards through Alchemy when a Player gains a level. Unlike the Common Sylladex, the Personal Sylladex is  only accessible to the player it belongs to, and players cannot swap cards from it under normal circumstances. Further, players must make a successful dice roll to draw from the Personal Sylladex, though the roll becomes easier as a player gains levels.

To build the Personal Sylladex, players must take advantage of a process known as Alchemy. This is done whenever a player gains a level, and when they do so, the player is given a finite amount of points to spend. Players pick and choose modifiers from the Alchemy section of the Rulebook, and can spend up to the number of points they have for Alchemization. They may even choose to reserve points, in order to build more cards. However, it should be noted that with a limited hand size, quantity may not be the most useful quality! Additionally, players may sometimes use special Sylladex cards to unlock modifiers for their gear that would otherwise be unavailable.

A five card limit, however, does not mean players can't jam their in-game sylladex with all sorts of things, in limitless quantities! In fact, a good GM will encourage his or her players to interact with their environments with their sylladex as a method to advance and create the story.

I have no idea why I wanted to write that up in Essay format. Weird. Plus, my closing paragraph is shitty. Oh well.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 11, 2011, 02:17:50 pm »

Ok, so, Can I Alchemize me some armour now?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 11, 2011, 07:07:51 pm »

DB: Jump back one block to the left and shoot at the imp!

13+8=21
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 335