???

Yep
- 0 (0%)
'unno
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 12, 2011, 12:30:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 335

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG! (DEAD.)  (Read 388457 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG! (Down to the Lands...)
« Reply #1935 on: December 21, 2011, 10:14:36 pm »

Hmmm. Can I scourge Charge through the Imp to the gate?
Raggle Fraggle

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: December 21, 2011, 10:30:36 pm »

Ok Blade, then explain what CAN I do that will not result in my death? Since I failed my saving throw, and I can effectively do nothing to stop him till I do a successful saving throw, what do you suggest I do? (I.E: That "Eat Eyeballs" attack is a death sentence. Tell me how the hell do I survive 3d8+4 damage. And then being Blinded, on top of that!)

Other then submitting. I can't do that, because it remains a core part of his character devlopment.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: December 21, 2011, 10:36:12 pm »

Our characters have a problem with backing down from a challenge. My character isn't about to call a truce with DB without beating the hell out of him, even if he is a 'friend' just because of a minor dispute. You'll either have your character swallow their pride and give up, or die the death of a sacrificial lion. I'll probably have to do the same with DB when I meet him.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: December 21, 2011, 10:47:40 pm »

Were you not listening? I said that the pride and stubborness he presents is a core part of the character. If he were to do it now, it would just make everything inconsistent.

And it would also throw everything out of whack if he died now. So basically, If Mikheal takes either of those options, the plot is fucked.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: December 21, 2011, 10:53:41 pm »

>DB: Move as far north as possible, shoot Ogre.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: December 21, 2011, 11:05:00 pm »

Were you not listening? I said that the pride and stubborness he presents is a core part of the character. If he were to do it now, it would just make everything inconsistent.

And it would also throw everything out of whack if he died now. So basically, If Mikheal takes either of those options, the plot is fucked.

The guy just threw a safe at you. You might reconsider your pride if someone suddenly can toss safes left and right. There is also the alternative that Blade can have him stuff a sock in your mouth and walk away, but that is up to Blade.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: December 21, 2011, 11:13:00 pm »

I think you seriously underestimate how seriously Mikheal takes this Issue.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: December 21, 2011, 11:22:53 pm »

In that case it's up to Blade to choose whether your character dies or not since Mikheal won't personally stop the agent from killing him. Since this is the case I wouldn't worry about plot problems. Since Blade makes the plot, and can choose whether or not to kill you, I think the plot will be fine. You may however be limited to your dream self after this.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: December 22, 2011, 12:24:29 am »

I understand that Mikhael takes issue with backing down from this fight, or rather any fight, but these are the kind of events that establish a character. Situations change, and people grow. I think being hit by a train like HB could go a couple of ways for Mikhael, personally. The cause of this being that Mikhael wouldn't back down might cause him to be more conciliatory in the future. Or, the whole experience could drive him into a self-propelled Derse shattering frenzy. It's all up to you, as his player.

In any case, this is a thing that is happening. There will be situations where fighting is not the best course of action, or even close to the best course of action. In the future, it would be wise to keep this in mind. If meta-gaming keeps your character participating, then a limited amount is acceptable.

For now, it is important to keep in mind that, as far as HB is concerned, for the moment, you are more valuable alive than dead, and he will most likely refrain from killing you outright. Unless you continue to antagonize him after he drops you to zero hp.

Anything you want to do with your turn other than attempt to make yourself mobile? You are prone and can't move, but a second wind is still an option.

Hmmm. Can I scourge Charge through the Imp to the gate?

Not through him, but if you hit and kill him, then make your full movement, you can be one square from the gate on your move. Or you could take an opportunity attack and double move through.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: December 22, 2011, 12:27:52 am »

PA: I CAN TAKE THIS BATMAN. AND CHARGE THROUGH TO THAT GATE.
Raggle Fraggle

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: December 22, 2011, 12:31:37 am »

PA: I CAN TAKE THIS BATMAN. AND CHARGE THROUGH TO THAT GATE.

You take a pittance 5 damage from the imp as you whip past it towards the gate. See ya suckers! You leap through your gate, leaving your house behind.

You have arrived at your destination. And it is dark. Dark as balls.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: December 22, 2011, 12:47:35 am »

I thought character development implied development, i.e. change. So GK might stop being so confrontational later after this experience. Or he could just barely scrape through and use this as an excuse to be EVEN MORE confrontational. Or he could stay completely the same. As Blade said, it's up to you.
Spoiler: Turtlelog (click to show/hide)
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: December 22, 2011, 12:49:47 am »

Spoiler: Warnings (click to show/hide)

>CR: Walk into the gate and hide as soon as possible. If the coast is clear head to the gate.

[4,10+10]=24
[8,1+10]=19 Just incase you want another roll when I get up to the gate area again.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: December 22, 2011, 02:11:16 am »

Spoiler: Turtlelog (click to show/hide)

If you want the Turtle to carry you across, you could try a chumming check.

>CR: Walk into the gate and hide as soon as possible. If the coast is clear head to the gate.

[4,10+10]=24
[8,1+10]=19 Just incase you want another roll when I get up to the gate area again.

Wait, I'm confused, you're going through your first gate again after going through the return node?

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: December 22, 2011, 02:14:56 am »

>DB: Move as far north as possible, shoot Ogre.
This seems to have been missed.

Unless Blade just doesn't want to write up a combat for this, which is okay too.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 335