Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginners' XXVII - Imperishable Night - Game Over!  (Read 176750 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

How do you make a llink look like a word, like make a link to a post turn into the word "aware"?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

How do you make a llink look like a word, like make a link to a post turn into the word "aware"?

Code: [Select]
[url=link goes here]text[/url]
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to put out a case on IronyOwl now.
Two points:

First point:

LurkerTracker

Bdthemag: Last posted: 477 hours ago. Dariush: Last posted: 6 hours ago. Last vote for [lurker] Darvi: Last posted: 319 hours ago. ed boy: Last posted: 53 hours ago. Last vote for Unvote IronyOwl: Last posted: 45 hours ago. Last vote for Shakerag, Jack A T: Last posted: 474 hours ago. Jim Groovester: Last posted: 3 hours ago. Last vote for Powder Miner Max White: Last posted: 482 hours ago. mipe9: Last posted: 319 hours ago. Last vote for IronyOwl Mormota: Last posted: 3 hours ago. Last vote for IronyOwl Orangebottle: Last posted: 288 hours ago. Last vote for Powder Miner Powder Miner: Last posted: 0 hours ago. Last vote for IronyOwl Shakerag: Last posted: 30 hours ago. Last vote for Unvote Urist Imiknorris: Last posted: 3 hours ago. Last vote for Shakerag Urist_McArathos: Last posted: 476 hours ago.

As you can see, IronyOwl has half the posts of everyone else currently alive right now. This means Irony has been active lurking or lurking, and this is even including Toaster's posts. Moving on.

Point Two:
This one has been argued to no end, but I am aware that it's IC first player second as far as responsibilities go for you Irony, but you shouldn't be ICing in lieu of scumhunting, you should have been doing both. You were lurking because you weren't scumhunting- you didn't have no room for scumhunting, and this is what I find absolutely unacceptable.
I'm aware that you have your excuses, namely that we're all too nooby to be hunted, and that we need IC direction more.
We do need IC direction. But we're not too nooby to be scumhunted- we're scumhunting each other, are we not? I would find this maybe more acceptable if you had the same amount of posts compared to everyone else, but you have half of even mine. THis means you were ICing and thne when that was done had to lurk instead of scumhunt. You should be ICing AND scumhunting, and the fact that you ICed and lurked instead and then tried to pass it off as acceptable is what makes me suspicious of you to no end. You've hunted scum... in D1 RVS ad only a couple posts afterwards. In D2 your only scumhunting activity, when we were at risk of LyLo, was to ask ed boy a few questions later in the day, Question me a little after I started going after you,
and then the defense that's easily viewable in the very few last pages. For the first half-of the-day, you did nothing but ICing until ed boy pestered you a little about it and then I wnet for your throat. Then you asked ed boy a question or two without really going into an in-depth attack. You mostly defended against me in the second half. This is a lack of scumhunting. It's active lurking.

This is what I find unacceptable, IronyOwl, and it's why I think you're scum.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whoops, I screwed up the Lurker Tracker, but if you just go look it up, IronyOwl only has 28 posts.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Powder Miner, do you have any other evidence against IronyOwl than active lurking? If so, why aren't you telling us, and if not, why don't you try to find more against him?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Urist, the second point isn't about the lurking. It's about his lack of scumhunting and how his excuses for that weren;t good because of his lurking. The first point is the lurking. And the thing is, there's not much more to get off of IronyOwl because of that lurking. Also, those links I put were evidence to him not scumhunting.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile

I guess I could replace in if you don't mind me taking a day or so to get caught up.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Urist, the second point isn't about the lurking. It's about his lack of scumhunting and how his excuses for that weren't good because of his lurking.

Correct, which is why I specified:
Powder Miner, do you have any other evidence against IronyOwl than active lurking?

Which is exactly what you called it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Urist:
Mormota, IronyOwl, care to explain your votes? You both seem to have been rather quick in voting Shakerag, and I don't really see any justification for Irony's vote, and Mormota only slightly justified his.
Was meant to be a pressure vote, not a lynchvote.

Mormota:
IronyOwl, you were there, occupied with Powder Miner. Someone you stated as not finding suspicious. Then why didn't you bother with anyone else near the end of the day, other than your quick vote on Shakerag?
I was busy, though I admit to focusing far too much on Powder Miner. However, I "bothered" with two people at the end.

If you didn't like my "quick vote" on Shakerag, why did you mimic it?

Why did you not ask for an extension to get an answer to your question? I am not going to accept "I was asleep". You could have asked before.
Too bad, that's the answer. Why doesn't this reasoning apply to everyone else in the game, yourself included? It's not like anyone else requested an extension prior to the deadline looming, and you didn't request one at all, despite being the last vote needed.

Powder Miner, what is your opinion on the replace?
What is the purpose of this question?

Powder Miner:

I'm going to put out a case on IronyOwl now.
Two points:

First point:
[Unformatted Wall of Text That Doesn't Provide The Relevant Data]

As you can see, IronyOwl has half the posts of everyone else currently alive right now. This means Irony has been active lurking or lurking, and this is even including Toaster's posts. Moving on.
Utterly, utterly worthless, and an extremely clear sign of being scum, tunneling, and/or not knowing what the fuck you're doing.

Post number is completely worthless. Completely. Utterly. You're trying to deny this right now in your head, but it's an ironclad, immutable fact. The only way it's relevant is in terms of what it implies about post content or post frequency, which you've not bothered to make a connection to. If there's any merit WHATSOEVER to post number, it can be made about post content or frequency instead, because those are the only ways it has any merit.

In short, this argument is worthless, dogmatic garbage you're throwing at me because you're a tunneling jackass who can't bother to find a real case. This is it, Powder Miner. It's LYLO, and you've got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL except "IronyOwl has been lurking so he's scum." Go on, name some other scumpicks. Name some other suspicions. Hell, name some other arguments you've had that you've admitted are garbage.

What's that, you've got nothing of the sort on any of those? Shit, guess that means you're tunneling.

Point Two:
[More garbage about scumhunting]
Two points here.

First:

You never bothered to respond to anything in my WoT response to you, including a detailed discussion of this, so I don't really feel the need to go into this again. If you actually cared about the answer, you'd have responded to the WoT. You don't care about the answer. You care about vomiting the same garbage you've been doing all game, because you're a mindless tunneler.

I mean, look at this shit:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is pretty much all you have, and what do you notice about it? It's the exact same argument repeated verbatim. If you were an actual, functioning player, you'd expect these to change somewhat, maybe evolve into different lines of questioning, or at a bare minimum address the fact that I'm not addressing your accusations. But that doesn't happen because that's not what you're doing- you're not trying to find scum, you're just repeating yourself over and over and over again because you like hearing yourself talk. Go on, find one other player in the game whose arguments look like that.

Second:

I explained this wayyyyy the fuck back when your only suspects were other people lurking:

Powder Miner:

Stop being a lazy fuck and actually hunt some scum. Pointing at lurkers all game is not scumhunting.

That's all you've got, all game. Pointless flailing against lurkers, then pointless flailing against me for active lurking.

This is what I find unacceptable, IronyOwl, and it's why I think you're scum.
I know. You've been saying it ever since you gave up on thrashing against lurkers. It hasn't changed, at all, regardless of what else has happened or been said. Ever.

This is your last chance, Powder Miner. It's LYLO. Play the fucking game.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Urist:
Mormota, IronyOwl, care to explain your votes? You both seem to have been rather quick in voting Shakerag, and I don't really see any justification for Irony's vote, and Mormota only slightly justified his.
Was meant to be a pressure vote, not a lynchvote.

I see. If it was meant as a pressure vote, why didn't you remove it before day end or vote to extend?

Powder Miner, some reading for you. Learn to recognize and avoid these like you would any logical fallacy. They don't help your case.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I see. If it was meant as a pressure vote, why didn't you remove it before day end or vote to extend?
I wasn't paying attention to deadlines and such, so the day end caught me unaware.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fine. Jesus Christ. I'll find something else scummy. Unvote IronyOwl. Although Urist Imiknorris, that third fallacy doesn;t quite apply- the problem had not that IronyOwl is not finding the scum with his scumhunting- it had been that IronyOwl hadn't been scumhunting- different things.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Day 3 - Last Remote
« Reply #447 on: October 05, 2011, 09:11:07 am »

<bah post>
Hastur, Hastur, Hastur
</bah post>

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Day 3 - Last Remote
« Reply #448 on: October 05, 2011, 09:33:28 am »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Also, Mormota, I want answers. I know you were online recently.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

Why did you not ask for an extension to get an answer to your question? I am not going to accept "I was asleep". You could have asked before.

I'd ask you the same question, Mormota.

I did not ask a question. I stated a fact, that he was not responding to my questions.

AHEM. YOUR QUESTIONS. Why did you not ask for an extension to get answers to them?

Alternatively:
See? Question. Answer it.

Exactly because so little was happening, perhaps? Are you saying that my argument saying nothing is happening is invalid because nothing is happening? What?

I'm saying your argument that Shakerag wasn't doing anything is insufficient for a vote because nobody (except IronyOwl) was doing anything at the time.

Third point: That is no excuse for Shakerag. I do not agree with this point.

Second and first point: I did not ask for an extension because Shakerag posted and decided, for no apparent reason, that he won't answer my question unless his life is saved via an extension. [I'm not English, it might show in the upcoming sentence...] I also didn't ask for one because because he left my questions unanswered, as I pointed out.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Also, Mormota, I want answers. I know you were online recently.

I was trying to finish my turn on Icemachines.

If you didn't like my "quick vote" on Shakerag, why did you mimic it?
What is the purpose of this question?

1, I didn't. Mimicking it would require me not to provide a reason for it. I did.

2, You could try using your brain. Let me help: To get Powder Miner talking about SOMETHING [Both bold and capital, because... FFFFFFFF!] other than you, and allow us to get reads on him.

My opinion on the replace? Oh crap, not again. That said, don;t use it as an excuse to vote ed boy- last time this happened, and you should remember this vividly, Mormota, because last game you let ORangebottle get away with a LyLo vote on Flandre, and bang, game over.

Yes, again! You are going to talk, Powder Miner, or you are going to HANG. Also. WHAT? How could I use a question as an excuse to vote someone who is NOT IN THE GAME? And I have no idea what the second part of your "sentence" is.

Fine. Jesus Christ. I'll find something else scummy. Unvote IronyOwl. Although Urist Imiknorris, that third fallacy doesn;t quite apply- the problem had not that IronyOwl is not finding the scum with his scumhunting- it had been that IronyOwl hadn't been scumhunting- different things.

THIRD fallacy? I may be blind, but Urist was talking about a single fallacy. You have not been doing anything all game, and I had enough. I asked you a question to get you out of the fucking MESS you got yourself into. And you refuse to even give an answer! What's worse, you acknowledge the question, and still don't give an answer. Explain yourself, or hang.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38