Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginners' XXVII - Imperishable Night - Game Over!  (Read 176771 times)

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Day 3 - Last Remote
« Reply #450 on: October 05, 2011, 12:18:01 pm »

Oh, those were three links. Don't mind the part complaining about three fallacies and a single one.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Third point: That is no excuse for Shakerag. I do not agree with this point.

Not an excuse for the person you voted, but good enough for everyone else? (not a perfect fit, but it's still there) Bullshit. You wanted an easy lynch, and who better than the person who was already about to be axed (unless Irony or I unvoted)? You only voted him so that if someone changed their mind, he'd still be gone, didn't you?

Second and first point: I did not ask for an extension because Shakerag posted and decided, for no apparent reason, that he won't answer my question unless his life is saved via an extension.
Perhaps so he could have enough time to answer your questions too? The "asking questions anytime soon" part would probably have involved him reading through the thread again looking for suspicions (and asking questions based on them), which I know I wouldn't be able to do in 30 minutes. Would you?

I also didn't ask for one because because he left my questions unanswered, as I pointed out.
And you thought that was grounds to kill him before he answered your questions?

Also. WHAT? How could I use a question as an excuse to vote someone who is NOT IN THE GAME?
ed boy hadn't officially been replaced at that point.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII
« Reply #452 on: October 05, 2011, 01:56:51 pm »

Votecount:

• Zrk2:
  • Mormota: Urist Imiknorris
  • Urist Imiknorris:
  • Powder Miner: Mormota,
  • IronyOwl:

Not voting: Zrk2, Powder Miner, IronyOwl

Extend:

The day will end Friday, 5 PM GMT. You need (in total) 2 votes to extend and 4 to shorten.

LT for this game. (Mostly for myself, for easier votecounts, but feel free to use it)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 05, 2011, 03:26:21 pm »

Alright everyone, I'm trying to reread the entire thread, this will take a while. In the meantime, can I have you scumpicks and a summary of why. Also, I few examples would be good. Thank-you.

Zrk2
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 05, 2011, 04:38:41 pm »

Zrk2 - Currently, I am confident that Mormota is scum, mostly due to his bandwagon vote on Shakerag and reasoning behind it, which has little substance and mostly consists of "he wasn't answering my questions," despite the low level of activity (three posts, one being ed boy's replace request) between the time he asked and the time he voted for not getting answers. Second is either IronyOwl or you, although I only have a gut feeling on IronyOwl and haven't been able to find much suspicious material from him. As for you, I didn't have much of a read on ed boy, and was going to question him again after Powder Miner. Now that you've replaced him, I look forward to seeing what you'll do.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Quote from: Mormota
My opinion on the replace? Oh crap, not again. That said, don;t use it as an excuse to vote ed boy- last time this happened, and you should remember this vividly, Mormota, because last game you let ORangebottle get away with a LyLo vote on Flandre, and bang, game over.

Yes, again! You are going to talk, Powder Miner, or you are going to HANG. Also. WHAT? How could I use a question as an excuse to vote someone who is NOT IN THE GAME? And I have no idea what the second part of your "sentence" is.
One, he's still in the game while's he's getting replaced (although ZRk2's in now), and two, I'm saying that you should nkow this because of last BM's LyLo, WHICH YOU WERE IN. This part is full of stupidity.

Quote from: Mormota
Fine. Jesus Christ. I'll find something else scummy. Unvote IronyOwl. Although Urist Imiknorris, that third fallacy doesn;t quite apply- the problem had not that IronyOwl is not finding the scum with his scumhunting- it had been that IronyOwl hadn't been scumhunting- different things.

THIRD fallacy? I may be blind, but Urist was talking about a single fallacy. You have not been doing anything all game, and I had enough. I asked you a question to get you out of the fucking MESS you got yourself into. And you refuse to even give an answer! What's worse, you acknowledge the question, and still don't give an answer. Explain yourself, or hang.
[/quote]
What question? The only question Urist asked was towards IRonyOwl.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 05, 2011, 09:06:07 pm »

Bear with me guys, I'm gonna analyze the significant posts of everyone since the beginning of this day. This could take a while.

Mormota:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Interesting post, but no questioning. Nice active-lurk, just throwing this recap out there. More with the questioning.

Finally, some questions. Even a vote and some reasons. Nice, good solid post. Doesn't do anything for me either way though.

Urist:

[/quote]
I ANSWERED THAT. I SAID THAT I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION BECAUSE I NEVER FOUND AN ANSWER OF YOURS TO MORMOTA UNSATISFACTORY!
[/quote]
You don't need to yell, we can hear you just fine. I'm fairly certain his issue with your answer isn't that you haven't given it yet, but rather the fact that it took you almost a week to do so.

Quote from: Powder Miner
Reading that quote now, I'm going to facepalm. That not finding anyone suspicious even though tey were lurking/active lurking/questionable tactics-using was what made me suspicious in the first place. How would you expect me to get off of your case for what made me suspicious? Yay emphasis stacking.
Not going to touch this one.

Quote from: IronyOwl
Point Two:
Two: "If you weren't doing X you'd be doing nothing therefore you're doing nothing" does not work as an argument, because they're not not doing X. It can have merit as a show of tunneling or lack of activity, but "1 = 0" just isn't going to fly.
That's not what I meant. What I meant was all you're doing is handing out advice and pretending that's an acceptable excuse to be not scumhunting. That's hat I said, scum.
I think you have the ICs' priorities wrong. You assume that their primary goal is to play the game and their secondary goal is to teach us newbies. I think it's the other way around, what with Irony's response to my questioning here.

This is a logical argument. Yet you've refused to answer it because:

Link me to posts and I'll be happy to oblige.
This is known as "unacceptable bullshit," as it's a completely irrelevant excuse to avoid answering. If for some reason you need proof that you actually said that, that's also unacceptable bullshit, but I'll provide it anyway because I'm tired of you wriggling out of doing anything at the slightest excuse.
I fail to see how misquoting my meaning is a logical argument. Try again. And I did say that. I won't deny that, nor would I ever need to or want to deny that. I wanted posts linked to because you were misquoting what I was trying saying and that was unacceptable. That's harder to do with the words up there and me here to advance them. I would also call it profanities, but I swear not to do so, since I'm only 13. So I'll go with that it's just compltely unacceptable to misquote my meaning. How's that for you as logical arguments go?
I see no misquoting. Please explain how what you said isn't what you meant.

This will be continued in Part Two.
[/quote][/spoiler]
Interesting point on the grammar, but it is rather far fetched and I wouldn't put much weight in grammatical errors, although they could be used as supporting evidence if you have other reasons.

I have no idea what your response to PMs 3rd quotation is about, please elucidate.

As to 'not ... touching this one' why the Hell not? If it's retarded spell it out, fucking hammer that point home! Going soft, scum?

Where is this 'Part Two'?

Oh yeah, you slacked off and didn't analyze it. Weak.

There is no point unvoting while you review, it just takes pressure off, which is bad. Keep that pressure up, and see what you can get. Never relent.

There's this whole line of posts through page 29, with some questions and good follow-up. Not bad, though you ignore everyone but Shake while you do this. Meh.

I like this, looks at others and still pushes on his main suspicion.

Powder Miner:

Ok, where is this deconstruction?
Also, grammar!

[/quote]
I ANSWERED THAT. I SAID THAT I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION BECAUSE I NEVER FOUND AN ANSWER OF YOURS TO MORMOTA UNSATISFACTORY!
That was six days ago. The response in question had been given seven days ago:

Twelve hours ago, you finally got off your ass and gave an answer that wasn't uselessly vague. It took you a fucking week to answer a question and provide an explanation for your case.

Why?
Reading that quote now, I'm going to facepalm. That not finding anyone suspicious even though tey were lurking/active lurking/questionable tactics-using was what made me suspicious in the first place. How would you expect me to get off of your case for what made me suspicious? Yay emphasis stacking.

Point Two:
Two: "If you weren't doing X you'd be doing nothing therefore you're doing nothing" does not work as an argument, because they're not not doing X. It can have merit as a show of tunneling or lack of activity, but "1 = 0" just isn't going to fly.
That's not what I meant. What I meant was all you're doing is handing out advice and pretending that's an acceptable excuse to be not scumhunting. That's hat I said, scum.

This is known as "unacceptable bullshit," as it's a completely irrelevant excuse to avoid answering. If for some reason you need proof that you actually said that, that's also unacceptable bullshit, but I'll provide it anyway because I'm tired of you wriggling out of doing anything at the slightest excuse.
I fail to see how misquoting my meaning is a logical argument. Try again. And I did say that. I won't deny that, nor would I ever need to or want to deny that. I wanted posts linked to because you were misquoting what I was trying saying and that was unacceptable. That's harder to do with the words up there and me here to advance them. I would also call it profanities, but I swear not to do so, since I'm only 13. So I'll go with that it's just compltely unacceptable to misquote my meaning. How's that for you as logical arguments go?

Quote from: IronyOwl screws up
[misquote]
Spoiler: Powder Miner fucks up (click to show/hide)
So, with my defense we get the truth, which is what I actually said, scum:
1. If you weren't an IC, you wouldn't have the excuse of being the ohso benevolent IC that just sits around and hands out advice, and you'd be recgonized as active lurking.
2. Even if you do have the excuse, it doesn't change the fact that you're active lurking.
3. If you're ICing, YOU NEED TO SCUMHUNT. Not scumhunting means not finding scum. Not finding scum means losing.

Point Three:
Three: I feel my ICing is helping quite a bit in some areas. Would you care to point out an example or two where it's been completely worthless?
Helping Shakerag to avoid crippling assumptions, break out of his complacency, and refine his case. He took some further convincing for the theory part, but admitted most other points were not just good, but helpful to improving his game.
Your ICing does help. But if you don't scumhunt, we lose. Scumhunting is needed.
Helping ed boy explain his case on Jim. Note the improved specifics of the response relative to the vagueness of the explanation I was objecting to.
Only had this as a seperate section due to a quote screwup I'm far too lazy to deal with.

Point Four:
Four: I am scumhunting. Saying blatantly, demonstrably false things tends to ruin your case, so unless you'd care to explain why I'm not actually scumhunting ed boy or why we should all live in the past for a moment, I'm pretty sure you should just admit to spouting bullshit and move along to real arguments.
Bouncing around an occasional question to look active (A bit hypocritical, I'm sorry, but I didn't do that on purpose- I just couldn't find anything suspicious) while not following up on it doesn't count. I;m sorry.

I look forward to your detailed and well-thought out explanations for all of this, in addition to why you needed this before you could field any responses of your own. And yes, that last part is a real, genuine question that you will need a fucking awesome explanation for.
[/quote]
At this point I take it back about you scumhunting ed boy.But it's too little, too late, and only after I launched a savage attack on you.
[/quote][/spoiler]
Umm, yeah. Lots of text, not so much sense. There's an attempt, though. Better than nothing.

The original edition of this post exceeded the forum limit of 40000 characters. Holy Fuck.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 05, 2011, 09:07:12 pm »

Irony Owl:

Not many posts. Hmmm... But when you do...
Sorry about that, been busy.

Powder Miner:

I quoted you in the quote you're quoting here.
No, you didn't. Explain what you meant by this.

Also, I love how you say your gut was the only thing keeping me from being a guaranteed lynch. That both means you'd be willing to stake a lynch on nothing but your gut
If my gut says you're not scum, I'm not going to lynch you for being a shitty player. What about this is scummy or a bad idea to you?

AND that you'd be willing to use your IC status to manipulate everyone else.
You don't even know where you're going with this, do you?

I mean, what is your argument here, exactly? That I'm scum attempting to manipulate the Town into not mislynching you? Or that it's only manipulation if I say you are scum? Or that with two ICs saying you're scum and four players voting you, I'd need some sort of elaborate gambit to get you lynched?

This has the classic signs of low-level tunneling and terrible, shitty arguments- it made sense in your head and sounds bad when you say it out loud, but doesn't make any goddamned sense when you actually plug it into the fantasy you've created for yourself. It's the throw-everything-without-looking-at-it approach, which is a clear sign that you're making arguments to support your case, not prove it.

Furthermore, this doesn't address my question. Even if you had quoted me in that prior post, I don't see how one quote for a two-sentence response invalidates the simple fact that you've been practicing none of what you preached. And what you've used as an excuse to not explain yourself.

So I'll ask you again, because apparently just once doesn't stick: Why have all of your prior posts been extremely brief, undetailed, and quoteless if "backing it up" is so important?

On Timing And Such:

So, here we go:
Point One:
One: Why did it take you so long to mention this part? As I've said (repeatedly) this question has been out to you for a long, long while, and you've just now gotten around to saying this part. Why? You've given very brief, vague versions before, mainly consisting of "Why can't you do both" or "You should scumhunt too" or similar, but this is the first time you've explained yourself fully, and the first time you could be interpreted as responding in a concrete way to the explanations I gave for it much, much earlier.

I first asked this question way, waaaaay the fuck back here:

Yes, but that was, what, four days ago (as of this quote)? My explanation was not long after, but your response certainly was.

And mind you, this was after blatantly ignoring the question when you didn't understand it, rather than bothering to ask about (or even acknowledge) it.

On Noobs And Scum:

That was six days ago. The response in question had been given seven days ago:

Twelve hours ago, you finally got off your ass and gave an answer that wasn't uselessly vague. It took you a fucking week to answer a question and provide an explanation for your case.

Why?
If this was the original reason you were suspicious of me, why is this the first time you've ever mentioned it?

Also, I've explained this in fairly elaborate detail by now, but here's a particularly concise example:

What makes a bandwagon or lack of scumhunting a sign of scum and not proof of not being sure what they're doing?

If you still don't understand the concept, why didn't you call me out on thinking your play was crap yet still thinking you were town? Wouldn't the two be mutually exclusive?

On Logic and Such:

Point Two:
Well, which is it, said or meant? If it's said, why isn't this a careful dissection of what words mean instead of vague accusations of misinterpretation? If it's meant, why are you phrasing your inability to communicate what you mean as a scumtell from me?

I fail to see how misquoting my meaning is a logical argument. Try again.
I went through very elaborate efforts to explain, in detail, the logic of your argument and why it was worthless. If that hinged on misquoting your meaning, your response would have been a rather simple dismantling of my interpretation by pointing out what those words and phrases actually mean. Instead you've got a fairly emotional rant about how I've been misquoting you, without really bothering to explain why, and not explaining why at all until later on. Why?

And I did say that. I won't deny that, nor would I ever need to or want to deny that. I wanted posts linked to because you were misquoting what I was trying saying and that was unacceptable. That's harder to do with the words up there and me here to advance them.
So you saw me doing something scummy, and instead of calling me out on it and explaining why it was baseless and thus a scum ploy, you kicked the can down the road and insisted I fancy up my posts more. Why?

So I'll go with that it's just compltely unacceptable to misquote my meaning. How's that for you as logical arguments go?
It's a lot of text for saying absolutely nothing, except that you're emotional and defensive.

On Scumhunting And Such:

Quote from: IronyOwl screws up
[misquote]
If you weren't an IC, you wouldn't get away with not scumhunting, you wouldn't be able to IC.
"If you weren't an IC, you wouldn't be ICing."[/misquote]
Are you done misquoting me yet? No? Fine. That's about the most ridiculous misquote in here. I'm not sure if you edited tht there, if that was part of something else, or that was me trying to post int he ten minutes before my bedtime,
So you consider this a laughable, scummy misquote, but admit that you might have posted it and can't be bothered to click on the link to check.

It's a direct quote. It's trimmed, but there was no context to remove. I'll once again remind you of your claim that:

Irony, here's a little lesson I learned when I got lynched last game. You can call someone's argument crap and bull all you want but you need to back it up. Link me to posts and I'll be happy to oblige.
I see no links proving I've misquoted you. Why is that?

Spoiler: On Logic And Points (click to show/hide)

Quote from: WordTwistingOwl
Thus we get:
So, with my defense we get the truth, which is what I actually said, scum:

1. If you weren't ICing right now you'd be doing nothing
1. If you weren't an IC, you wouldn't have the excuse of being the ohso benevolent IC that just sits around and hands out advice, and you'd be recgonized as active lurking.
2. You're doing nothing anyway
2. Even if you do have the excuse, it doesn't change the fact that you're active lurking.
Nope. ICing is useful, as you later admit.

3. You're doing absolutely nothing for the town
3. If you're ICing, YOU NEED TO SCUMHUNT. Not scumhunting means not finding scum. Not finding scum means losing.
You've said this, but you've also said this:

It really doesn't matter if we're too noobish, or if we need lots of ICing, if you're only being an IC, you're not doing a single thing for the town.
Plus, accusations of active lurking are pretty much this by definition, so basically the entirety of your case is "you're doing nothing," not "scumhunting is important." The two might look similar, but they're not the same thing.

With regards to your "intended" point, ICing is largely concerned with getting other people to scumhunt and scumhunt well, and the BM format's entire point is helping others improve. Even if it were more efficient for me to attempt to win the game single-handedly, it'd completely defeat the purpose.

Thus, I stand by my statement:
Thus we get my original interpretation: "If you weren't an IC you wouldn't be doing anything right now, thus you're not doing anything right now." In other words, (1 = 0).

On ICing:

Point Three:
Three: I feel my ICing is helping quite a bit in some areas. Would you care to point out an example or two where it's been completely worthless?
Helping Shakerag to avoid crippling assumptions, break out of his complacency, and refine his case. He took some further convincing for the theory part, but admitted most other points were not just good, but helpful to improving his game.

Helping ed boy explain his case on Jim. Note the improved specifics of the response relative to the vagueness of the explanation I was objecting to.
Your ICing does help. But if you don't scumhunt, we lose. Scumhunting is needed.
That's not what you've been saying all game. Your entire previous section is centered around claiming that I've been active lurking and that my ICing is nothing more than a smokescreen to hide that fact. Which is it?

Point Four:
Four: I am scumhunting. Saying blatantly, demonstrably false things tends to ruin your case, so unless you'd care to explain why I'm not actually scumhunting ed boy or why we should all live in the past for a moment, I'm pretty sure you should just admit to spouting bullshit and move along to real arguments.
Bouncing around an occasional question to look active (A bit hypocritical, I'm sorry, but I didn't do that on purpose- I just couldn't find anything suspicious) while not following up on it doesn't count. I;m sorry.
I thought we'd established that you needed quotes to do stuff, rather than more vague, pointless garbage?

At this point I take it back about you scumhunting ed boy.But it's too little, too late, and only after I launched a savage attack on you.
So you admit to being wrong, but shrug and say it's "not enough" without going into any detail. This is both in grievous violation of your now-infamous wisdom, and a very definite sign of tunneling.

I look forward to your detailed and well-thought out explanations for all of this, in addition to why you needed this before you could field any responses of your own. And yes, that last part is a real, genuine question that you will need a fucking awesome explanation for.
You also seem to have forgotten something. I pretty much knew you would, but that doesn't really make it better.

Well. This has become an atrocity.

Unvote ed boy. Quite unfortunate, as I had a few more things to ask him. Mostly about who he suspected now.

Shakerag, what's the scummiest thing you've seen in this game so far? I mean that both in the "why would you ever do that as either alignment" sense, and the far more useful "this made me suspicious of that person" sense.

Mormota, what's your current list of suspects?

...Holy fuck. It's longer than the rest of this post.

Nice exposition, some scumhunting. I like. But are you scum?

Then we have this monster of a post. With a good hunt on Powder Miner. Nice, well written.

Overall, after reviewing the entire thread, I feel that Powder Miner is scum.

There went an hour of my life.

And that`s the second half. Jreengus.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 05, 2011, 09:08:35 pm »

Dammit, spoilers fucked my post to hell. No way I`m doing that again.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 05, 2011, 09:26:05 pm »

...So, Zrk2. Do you have any reasons other than "I feel like Powder Miner is scum"? In LyLo?
Parroting any of the previou posts doesn't count; did you come up with any reasons or is that bullcrap gut vote exactly what ti looks like?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 05, 2011, 09:38:41 pm »

I have no idea what your response to PMs 3rd quotation is about, please elucidate.

As to 'not ... touching this one' why the Hell not? If it's retarded spell it out, fucking hammer that point
home! Going soft, scum?

Where is this 'Part Two'?

1:

I felt that Powder Miner's first assumption (staking a lynch on a gut feeling) was somewhat accurate (and accurate in general, though only immediately after RVS), but his second one had been repeatedly shot down before he even brought it up. Both ICs have repeatedly stated/implied that their ICing comes before their playing.

2: I was tired when I posted that, which is also why I didn't do Part Two until the next morning. On that note:

3: Part Two was here, inside the spoiler labeled "It Keeps Happening."

Overall, after reviewing the entire thread, I feel that Powder Miner is scum.

Without a case?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 05, 2011, 10:57:27 pm »

[spoiler][quote][/spoiler][/quote]

Holy crap, man. Haven't any of my lessons on presentation sunk in?

That's right, I've never ICed you before.

Since I tend to give people lots of crap for the presentation of their posts, I'll do the same to you:

This is an unreadable piece of garbage. Next time, give the preview button several good clicks before you use the post button.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVII - Day 1 - Storm on Mt. Ooe (IC needed!)
« Reply #462 on: October 06, 2011, 09:52:47 am »

Mormota:  What do you hope to get out of this game?  If you could pick one of the four possible power roles (Cop, Doctor, Godfather, or Roleblocker), which would you pick?  Why?

Probably Godfather. The ability to stay hidden from town is invaluable, and I don't think I'm experienced enough to take any other role.

"Is", not "would be?"

Mormota, What's up with ignoring several of my posts in addition to voting shakerag for saying the word "whoops"?

Well. Not reading the thread, just randomly posting is outright ignoring everything everyone has said. Urist was very active by that time. Please point out which of your posts I ignored. About voting someone for saying whoops, well. It is a perfect opportunity for scum to, they might think, "prove" they're town by acting as if they felt sorry for being suspicious of someone who was NKed and was town.

Q: "Why are you ignoring me?"
A: "You're doing more ignoring than I am, and I'm not going to answer you until you tell me what I ignored."

Care to explain?

Also, vote to extend.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

ed boy hadn't officially been replaced at that point.

He asked for a replace. He was obviously not coming back.

Not an excuse for the person you voted, but good enough for everyone else? (not a perfect fit, but it's still there) Bullshit. You wanted an easy lynch, and who better than the person who was already about to be axed (unless Irony or I unvoted)? You only voted him so that if someone changed their mind, he'd still be gone, didn't you?

It was not an excuse for anyone, but I wasn't voting everyone. I was voting Shakerag. Stop crafting conspiracy theories, that's not going to help you.

Yes I did, and I would do it again. What he did was scummy. Period.

Mormota:  What do you hope to get out of this game?  If you could pick one of the four possible power roles (Cop, Doctor, Godfather, or Roleblocker), which would you pick?  Why?

Probably Godfather. The ability to stay hidden from town is invaluable, and I don't think I'm experienced enough to take any other role.

"Is", not "would be?"

I laughed. But other than that.. What? I was talking in this peculiar language called English, and that is how that's grammatically correct. I think.

Q: "Why are you ignoring me?"
A: "You're doing more ignoring than I am, and I'm not going to answer you until you tell me what I ignored."

Care to explain?

Also, vote to extend.

I am not sure I understand what you said there.

Do you actually have any claims on me which I haven't shown false yet? If not, why are you voting me, and not doing some scumhunting? Get off your arse and get to work.

What question? The only question Urist asked was towards IRonyOwl.

The question I asked you! The one about the replace. You just acknowledged it, and didn't answer. Still not, scum.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 06, 2011, 01:26:12 pm »

It was not an excuse for anyone, but I wasn't voting everyone. I was voting Shakerag. Stop crafting conspiracy theories, that's not going to help you.

So did you have any other reason for justifying your vote on Shakerag? Because you've admitted that he wasn't the only one not posting, and (according to you) that's why you voted him. If that was your only reason for voting Shakerag (which you've strongly implied), then you've got some explaining to do re: why Shakerag not posting was so much more suspicious than Jim not posting or Powder Miner not posting.

Yes I did, and I would do it again. What he did was scummy. Period.
So being one of half (rounded down) of the people in the game not posting during that time was scummy?

I am not sure I understand what you said there.
Let's go back to the quote in question, specifically the bolded part:
Mormota, What's up with ignoring several of my posts in addition to voting shakerag for saying the word "whoops"?
Well. Not reading the thread, just randomly posting is outright ignoring everything everyone has said. Urist was very active by that time. Please point out which of your posts I ignored. About voting someone for saying whoops, well. It is a perfect opportunity for scum to, they might think, "prove" they're town by acting as if they felt sorry for being suspicious of someone who was NKed and was town.

Who was that first sentence directed at? I was forced to assume Powder Miner, due to its presence directly beneath a quote from him and no other context given. And you responded to his accusation of ignoring him by accusing him of ignoring everyone, hence the "You're doing more ignoring than me."

The last sentence is where the "I'm not going to answer you until you tell me what I ignored" part came in. If you were accusing Powder Miner of not reading the thread, then why would you not go back and read the thread to find out which posts you ignored?

Do you actually have any claims on me which I haven't shown false yet? If not, why are you voting me, and not doing some scumhunting? Get off your arse and get to work.
Aww, did I hit a nerve? I am scumhunting. Your answers aren't convincing me that you're town, and until I am convinced, I'm not going to back off.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38