Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: Wild West Mafia - GAME OVER - Scum Win!  (Read 141394 times)

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wild West Mafia - Day 1 [9/9] - No gold for the wicked ?
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2011, 12:18:10 pm »

And hmm, random vote stage, huh? In that case, Shark, what role were you in the one game you've played?

I was a cop, but not sure if I played it that well.

Noodlerex, what's your favorite role in mafia?
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2011, 12:49:21 pm »

Andrew425, if you were scum, who would you want to be you partner-in-crime?

I would want Diakron because I would want his subtlety.

Urist Imiknorris Would you save an women or two men from a burning train?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2011, 12:51:31 pm »

[... Wow, seriously?  That's... an interesting question, to say the least.]
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 12:57:52 pm »

Urist Imiknorris Would you save an women or two men from a burning train?

Ideally, I'd save all three, but it would really depend on who's less capable of getting out themselves.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 01:07:05 pm »

While I'm waiting for Jim...

Diakron, picture this scenario: You and one other person are on a desert island much like this one. Rescuers are on their way, but there is only enough fresh water for one of you to survive until they arrive. You have a pistol with one shot . Who do you shoot - yourself or the other person?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 01:10:23 pm »

Jim Groovester, if you were the doctor, who would you protect tonight?

Since there's not enough of the game going on to give an answer that's based on reads from this game, this is a meta question, and I'll give you an answer based on people I expect to do well and who'd be high on the target list for scum.

NativeForeigner, Urist_McArathos, and Urist Imiknorris, are all people I expect to be decent town players and therefore high on the list of people to shoot.

Jim Groovester, which side would you rather play: Town, scum or SK?

Alignment doesn't really matter all that much to me since I can wreck shit no matter what alignment I am. Right now I'm preferring to be town, since I think my town game is languishing recently.

Right.

Do you two know each other? Maybe you were just introduced.

Diakron, picture this scenario: You and one other person are on a desert island much like this one. Rescuers are on their way, but there is only enough fresh water for one of you to survive until they arrive. You have a pistol with one shot . Who do you shoot - yourself or the other person?

Do these sorts of moral and philosophical questions help you find who's scum?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2011, 07:29:07 pm »

While I'm waiting for Jim...

Since there's a tree on that island... I'd either dig down by the trunk of the tree searching for water or build a condensation trap. The lesson here? Just because the obvious choice presented itself doesn't mean that's those are the only options.

Unvote.

Wow, at first glance this looks like a very subtle question trying to draw a read but when I stopped and thought about it...

Are you implying your town? Or maybe giving your partner Jim a chance to drop some false reads... maybe your scum trying to trick people into thinking your town...

Or maybe your really just asking a question. I got my eye on you buddy.

That gave me a good chuckle, first time anyone accused me of THAT!

Alignment doesn't really matter all that much to me since I can wreck shit no matter what alignment I am. Right now I'm preferring to be town, since I think my town game is languishing recently.

At first I read it as you wish you were playing town and was going to jump all over that, but then I reread it and can see what (I think) you were trying to say, but seeing as I have 2 eyes I'll keep the other on you.

Of everyone so far... Urist Imiknorris strikes me as the scummiest, but there ARE two other players to answer so, for now, I'll hold onto my vote.

I'm thinking that Urist Imiknorris maybe scum, but I don't have reads on anyone else, but I'm hoping the other two players shake loose a few more tidbits.
Back to Mafia with me!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2011, 08:11:30 pm »

Native: Who would you fear most as scum here?

Well, seeing as I know the playstyle of approximately two players (you and Jim), just about anybody would have me playing a non-meta game. Or at the very least, looking up their meta. But if we're talking about known skill, I would have to say Jim. He's a pretty well-rounded player.

Diakron: What has you thinking that Urist Imiknorris is scum?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2011, 08:43:10 pm »

Wow, at first glance this looks like a very subtle question trying to draw a read but when I stopped and thought about it...

Are you implying your town? Or maybe giving your partner Jim a chance to drop some false reads... maybe your scum trying to trick people into thinking your town...

It would take a very active imagination to come to those sorts of conclusions from an incredibly simple and straightforward RVS question.

Why are you reading so much into Imiknorris' question?

At first I read it as you wish you were playing town and was going to jump all over that, but then I reread it and can see what (I think) you were trying to say, but seeing as I have 2 eyes I'll keep the other on you.

Then why the hell did you say anything at all?

How the hell is this anything to keep an eye on me about? It's an ordinary random vote question and an ordinary answer. What's so watchable about that?

You're just making shit up to look active, aren't you?

Of everyone so far... Urist Imiknorris strikes me as the scummiest, but there ARE two other players to answer so, for now, I'll hold onto my vote.

I'm thinking that Urist Imiknorris maybe scum, but I don't have reads on anyone else, but I'm hoping the other two players shake loose a few more tidbits.

Oh, do tell how you came to this conclusion.

Unvote, Diakron.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2011, 08:48:47 pm »

Do these sorts of moral and philosophical questions help you find who's scum?

I was trying to see what sort of mentality he was approaching the game with - whether it was more about staying alive (as scum would be) or being willing to sacrifice himself so that others may live (staying alive is less important for town than finding scum). That said, my question probably wasn't that good a way to determine that.

Andrew, another scenario: It's MyLo, and you're the last scum player. Of the other three players, one is a habitual lurker, one has been giving off very strong town reads all game, and one has shown to be difficult for anyone to read. The day ends in a no-lynch. Who do you take with you to LyLo? Also, which of the hypothetical town players do you feel best matches your playstyle?

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2011, 08:50:44 pm »

It started as something subconscious I guess, but after reading everything, I kept being drawn to Urist Imiknorris. First off, Urist Imiknorris seems to be sowing confusion, to be fair RVS is all about trying to shake people up, but his is drawing away from the game. Once again, to be fair, Andrew started it, just noticed. (Possible scum team?)

But his question, asking for favorite role, What Would You Do's, and favorite scum buddies is common and employed by everone, but this?

It rings alarms in my head, and alarms should be investigated. Do I feel 100% about him? No but if we were waiting for 100% then the scum would just pick us off with night kills. Am I ready to end the RVS? Not quite, there is one other player to speak out.

Will I forget my thoughts on this matter?

Not til the game ends...
Back to Mafia with me!

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2011, 09:05:45 pm »

Shark has not answered my question.

Just an FYI, Diakron, RVS is considered over once real suspicions and votes have replaced random ones.  While its a tad early yet, Jim's questions to you are the sort that would mark the end of RVS.  It's not the sort of stage that ends with a definite indicator.

Having said that, you seem a bit jumpy and paraniod to be reading so much from RVS questions.  Accusing others of sowing confusion, building teams...care to explain why?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2011, 09:07:22 pm »

It would take a very active imagination to come to those sorts of conclusions from an incredibly simple and straightforward RVS question.

Why are you reading so much into Imiknorris' question?

Then why the hell did you say anything at all?

How the hell is this anything to keep an eye on me about? It's an ordinary random vote question and an ordinary answer. What's so watchable about that?

You're just making shit up to look active, aren't you?

Oh, do tell how you came to this conclusion.

Unvote, Diakron.

I believe I answered your first and last in my other post but the middle question still stands.

First off. Bravo! Day one and making accusations on a persons activity! But I guess since you didn't have to work ten hours today you DO look more active then I. Can't really give up my life for a game, sorry.

Cuase I believe that you should call attention to anything that jumps out at you, maybe I shouldn't have commented, but you WAY overreacted to it, instead of ignoring it (Cause i said that I misread it) and asking what you did to provoke my attention. Nothing at all. It was just posted to try and get a response from Urist Imiknorris. See if he tried to capitalize on it. After all, everything else was directed at him.

Jim Groovester you just tipped your hand, and frankly, I'm more then a little surprised that it was so easy...

Back to Mafia with me!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2011, 09:16:07 pm »

Just an FYI, Diakron, RVS is considered over once real suspicions and votes have replaced random ones.  While its a tad early yet, Jim's questions to you are the sort that would mark the end of RVS.  It's not the sort of stage that ends with a definite indicator.

Having said that, you seem a bit jumpy and paraniod to be reading so much from RVS questions.  Accusing others of sowing confusion, building teams...care to explain why?

I know, I wasn't going to stress it, but I was an active Mafia play (on this board mind you), and I do know about RVS and all that. I had some suspicions that I wanted to poke at, and knew that I would end the RVS. But, I actually thought that I was going to be after Urist Imiknorris, but when you strike gold, time to get to work.

I'll admit to be a tad over-reactive, but it's lead to me day one fingering scum more times then not. Sometimes, as a wise mafia player once said, your mind just picks up on something subconsciously. Never be afraid to voice your suspicions.
Back to Mafia with me!

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2011, 09:20:38 pm »

Uh I did answer your question I just went back and looked at the post to confirm I actually posted it.
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26