Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Wild West Mafia - GAME OVER - Scum Win!  (Read 141392 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Wild West Mafia - Day 1 [9/9] - No gold for the wicked ?
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2011, 10:28:49 pm »

You're saying that musicalcakes has time enough to save Diakron and get people to change their votes... when he is also voting Diakron. It makes no sense.

I thought that it made a lot of sense, if you can convince 4 other people of something then you can switch your vote at the last and then get them out.

Do I really think thats what he is doing? No but I thought it would be wise to point it out...

Why? Is that what you're trying to do?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2011, 11:04:16 pm »

no, because that wouldn't make sense. I by doing that am painting myself as a much larger target then musical. All I am doing by saying that is putting him on the radar so he can't do that even if he wanted too.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2011, 11:05:48 pm »

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

musicalcakes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2011, 11:08:05 pm »

I thought that it made a lot of sense, if you can convince 4 other people of something then you can switch your vote at the last and then get them out.

Do I really think thats what he is doing? No but I thought it would be wise to point it out...

I still think its diakron i'm just telling musical that I have my eyes on his shenanigans

It'd be awfully tricky for me to completely change every other Diakron voter's opinion at the last second, don't you think? And I'm not even the one who led the train on Diakron.

Keep an eye on me all you want, but there won't be any shenanigans to see.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2011, 11:31:17 pm »

I don't doubt its tricky but hey i've seen trickier things done elsewhere. You wouldn't have to change that many peoples vote, just one of the people voting for diakron and then the other three who haven't decided.

"its a little early for WIFOM isn't it?"

I assume that means circular logic? I guess but the only to tell who is scum is to have people post a lot of stuff down and then see who messes up first. As of now diakron already did that i'm just trying to unearth the other scum guy

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2011, 11:55:21 pm »

I assume that means circular logic?

Indeed. By pointing out that your actions would make no sense as scum, you introduce the possibility that you (as scum) could reasonably do it by arguing that it makes no sense to do as scum. Introducing this type of argument tends to be a scum move. To use your words, you messed up, and you even used the same WIFOM argument as Diakron:
If I was scum, why (think on this a little please) would I just jump out and draw attention to myself?

Also quote tags exist.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2011, 12:12:25 am »

But that was kinda my point, I knew by typing that that it could be interpreted scum-like.

What i'm saying is more or less of a risk/reward scenario which didn't help me very much yet painted a larger target on my back. I guess you could interpret that as me being extra crafty but I dunno. Again the logic goes around.

musicalcakes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2011, 01:20:38 am »

But that was kinda my point, I knew by typing that that it could be interpreted scum-like.

What i'm saying is more or less of a risk/reward scenario which didn't help me very much yet painted a larger target on my back. I guess you could interpret that as me being extra crafty but I dunno. Again the logic goes around.

Honestly? I'm not getting crafty vibes.

Really, what are you hoping to gain? Getting people to pay attention to me? They should be doing that anyway, because everyone in a mafia game should be paying attention to everyone else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2011, 01:54:05 am »

You're saying that musicalcakes has time enough to save Diakron and get people to change their votes... when he is also voting Diakron. It makes no sense.

I still think its diakron i'm just telling musical that I have my eyes on his shenanigans

So... you think he would get 4 other people to vote for Diakron and then he would try to bail him out? How does that even make sense to you?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2011, 08:42:40 am »

Personally, I think Andrew must have an interesting role or something. I can't think of any reasons for a vanilla town/scum to act like he is right now. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2011, 08:45:52 am »

Also, survivor was listed as a possible role. Maybe he finds this scenario risk/reward because, what I can tell is that the reward for him is making people look at other people, not him.

Also all this is taking the spotlight off of diak who is conveniently not posting. Hmm...
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2011, 01:27:23 pm »

Day 1
Votecount:
-Urist_McArathos:
-Jim Groovester: Diakron
-Noodlerex: Urist Imiknorris
-Urist Imiknorris:
-Andrew425: Shark
-NativeForeigner:
-Diakron: Jim Groovester, musicalcakes, NativeForeigner , Urist_McArathos , Andrew425
-Shark:
-musicalcakes:

Not Voting : noodlerex

3 more to extend, 5  more to shorten.
The Day will end Wednesday 8 PM GMT.
---
Another clarification : If you have night action it will be listed at the end of your pm. Everything else is pure flavor.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2011, 03:23:13 pm »

Personally, I think Andrew must have an interesting role or something. I can't think of any reasons for a vanilla town/scum to act like he is right now. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Also, survivor was listed as a possible role. Maybe he finds this scenario risk/reward because, what I can tell is that the reward for him is making people look at other people, not him.

Also all this is taking the spotlight off of diak who is conveniently not posting. Hmm...

Or he's just bad. Not everything somebody does is a result of stunningly accurate deliberation and calculation.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

musicalcakes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2011, 07:40:01 pm »

I will laugh if the scum team is Diakron and Andrew.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2011, 09:59:55 pm »

Alright, looks like Noodlerex won't be joining us at the moment.

Diakron, you had a nice little outburst then started lurking once Andrew started defending you. I know you've been online (your profile page reveals all), so where'd you go and why aren't you trying to defend yourself? Are you so resigned to being lynched (hint: that's a scumtell) that you won't even participate?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26