Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: Wild West Mafia - GAME OVER - Scum Win!  (Read 141438 times)

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wild West Mafia - Day 2 [6/9] - You could use some coffins.
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2011, 09:37:26 pm »

Was typing a reply then my computer restarted to install updates on me :|

give me a sec
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2011, 09:47:00 pm »

Okay orangebottle, hypocrisy gets old. Don't accuse others of not reading your posts when you don't read mine.

You stress how I acted scummy for jumping on the diak train for no reason. Maybe you if read my earlier post, you'd see that I was hoping that the day would end. Some games have a rule where enough votes automatically end a day. I didn't think anything else was going to happen that day, and I wanted to see if I could speed up the game.

Also, you continue to not read my posts. I said that diak was more suspicious overall when compared to andrew, noodle was still my most suspicious.. Also, because you're wondering why, I was still most suspicious of noodle because he NEVER posted besides once to sign up and once in day one. It just didn't show because I never got to question him. I was passive because I was waiting for him to speak up. I later started being less passive and used my vote and harassed andrew.

IN ESSENCE
1. You're misguided.
2. You're not reading what I say.
3. You continue to be aggresive when others don't believe you

What do you have against me?
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2011, 12:49:03 am »

You stress how I acted scummy for jumping on the diak train for no reason. Maybe you if read my earlier post, you'd see that I was hoping that the day would end. Some games have a rule where enough votes automatically end a day. I didn't think anything else was going to happen that day, and I wanted to see if I could speed up the game.
So, you were voting to end the day, not to lynch scum. Nice. See, that's not a town attribute at all. Town votes to lynch scum. Scum votes to lynch town and get to the night phase faster so they can kill someone. If you had truly thought Noodlerex was the scummiest, you should've left your vote there, and continued to hunt other people without it.

Also, you continue to not read my posts. I said that diak was more suspicious overall when compared to andrew, noodle was still my most suspicious.. Also, because you're wondering why, I was still most suspicious of noodle because he NEVER posted besides once to sign up and once in day one. It just didn't show because I never got to question him. I was passive because I was waiting for him to speak up. I later started being less passive and used my vote and harassed andrew.
Again, if noodle was the most suspicious person on your list, why weren't you voting for him when the day ended? Oh, wait. You answered that. You wanted the day to end faster so you could hurry up and kill musicalcakes.

Shark, you should never just sit and wait when someone is lurking like Noodlerex was. You vote him, then you go hunt someone else while waiting for him to come back.

Your harassment of andrew is exactly that and nothing more. Useless harassment. Not scumhunting. Asking questions to which the town already had the answers.

I did read it. Your reasoning was God-awful. I wanted more. If you wanted to appear more active, then why do something you consider useless?
What I said answers you question. I needed to do something. Diakron and Andrew were the only reads I had at that point and I ran with them.
If that doesn't satisfy you, I suppose nothing will.

Arathos, Imiknorris:I'd like your two cents. Who's on your list of scumpicks?

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2011, 01:05:12 am »

Let's see...

Shark is looking fairly scummish, but that might just be inexperience.
McArathos is online now, and I hope it's to make some contribution, as he hasn't done so yet today.
Native's argument is almost identical to Shark's, and he's done almost nothing else today. Active lurking at its finest.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2011, 01:08:12 am »

Native's argument is almost identical to Shark's, and he's done almost nothing else today. Active lurking at its finest.

So I can't build on a pre-existing argument without getting voted for it? What else do you have on me, or is that really it?

I won't deny the active lurking, like I said, I'm busy.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2011, 01:21:19 am »

Shark

So, you were voting to end the day, not to lynch scum. Nice. See, that's not a town attribute at all. Town votes to lynch scum. Scum votes to lynch town and get to the night phase faster so they can kill someone. If you had truly thought Noodlerex was the scummiest, you should've left your vote there, and continued to hunt other people without it.

This does raise some flags, actually. You should vote to lynch scum, not end the day. Why did you choose to abandon Noodlerex in favor of Diakron if you thought Noodle was scummier? It seems fishy that you would abandon your number 1 pick just to get on with the day, why not try to convince everybody of it?

You don't get passive. You pick up a stick and prod the person until you get what you want. Why were you harassing Andrew if you weren't going to actually do anything with it? Don't you think it would have been more productive to hunt rather than harass?

Unvote. Your argument has some meat on it now and is no longer silly.

I'm going to go back to D1 tomorrow and figure out if Shark is either newbscum or newbtown.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2011, 01:44:51 am »

So I can't build on a pre-existing argument without getting voted for it? What else do you have on me, or is that really it?

I won't deny the active lurking, like I said, I'm busy.

The problem is that you haven't added anything to it. Your argument was nearly identical to Jim's (which I attributed to Shark for some reason), your response to his defense was parroting Shark's from before said defense:

Orange, don't be a hypocrite. Apparently you don't have to use your vote as pressure, and just jump on the train but I have to for the the entire day. I know you came in late, but come on :/
(I interpreted this as: I have to have a reason for my vote but you don't? Awfully hypocritical of you)
Hmmm.

I still don't get it. One of your arguments against Shark is that he had no reason for voting Diakron. But you also voted Diakron and were the very last one to do so. What's your reason? Why is it okay in your eyes to attack Shark for voting Diakron (who flipped scum) but not get attacked yourself for doing the same thing?
(I interpreted this as: Shark has to have a reason for his vote but you don't? Awfully hypocritical of you)

You also asked him a question that he had answered in the post immediately before yours.

Would you care to tell me what you actually added to the discussion? The recent developments that caused you to unvote were all a result of Shark's answers, not your questions.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2011, 01:52:42 am »

Let's see...

Shark is looking fairly scummish, but that might just be inexperience.
McArathos is online now, and I hope it's to make some contribution, as he hasn't done so yet today.
Okay. Are you going to develop the reasons behind your vote, or are you just going to sit there?
It's rare that people are convinced by a one-line-wonder.
PPE:Oh, look. It's...something. Huh. I can't really tell what. Looks like an argument with little content and a weak base.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2011, 01:57:16 am »

PPE:Oh, look. It's...something. Huh. I can't really tell what. Looks like an argument with little content and a weak base.

My argument is that his case contained nothing original and was a direct repeat of others' arguments, which is not productive at all and constitutes active lurking.

My other argument is that I should have been asleep three hours ago if I wanted my reasoning skills intact.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2011, 02:00:54 am »

My argument is that his case contained nothing original and was a direct repeat of others' arguments, which is not productive at all and constitutes active lurking.

My other argument is that I should have been asleep three hours ago if I wanted my reasoning skills intact.

Did you happen to miss the part where I was asking questions? However, that failed to add any meat, and then the argument against Shark started picking up meat.

If you're going to let your vote sit on me, at least ask me some questions, sheesh.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 15, 2011, 02:03:05 am »

Okay: Who do you currently suspect, Native? Why aren't you voting for them?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 15, 2011, 02:09:13 am »

Okay: Who do you currently suspect, Native? Why aren't you voting for them?

My top pick is Shark. I'm not voting for him because, like I said, I'm going to go back to D1 tomorrow and try to decide whether he's newbscum or newbtown.

On D1, what caused you to jump from Noodle to Diakron?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 15, 2011, 02:10:37 am »

Noodle's lack of activity - I realized that chasing him was pointless until he showed up or got replaced, so I began looking at others while I waited for him.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 15, 2011, 02:49:41 am »

Mmk.

Totally just realized that I outright ignored a question of yours, my bad.

You also asked him a question that he had answered in the post immediately before yours.

Would you care to tell me what you actually added to the discussion? The recent developments that caused you to unvote were all a result of Shark's answers, not your questions.

The question: I already explained. The answer wasn't to my satisfaction.

The discussion: I also already explained, I was ninja'd by Shark. I just didn't bother omitting that part of my post.

Adding to the discussion: I didn't, I was trying. The fact that nothing new came from my questions and I had nothing else to ask is part of the reason I unvoted.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2011, 08:36:17 am »

Very well.

McArathos, get in here. Are you going to participate? You were online half an hour ago, but you haven't bothered to show up here. What's wrong? Are you trying to lay low and avoid suspicion? It ain't working.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26