Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26

Author Topic: Wild West Mafia - GAME OVER - Scum Win!  (Read 141075 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wild West Mafia - Day 2 [6/9] - You could use some coffins.
« Reply #240 on: October 17, 2011, 07:19:49 pm »

You mean the question where he asked me who I thought was most scummy and it was a toss-up between him and OB?

Yes, that one, except you could have actually said that it was a toss-up instead of refusing to answer it at the time.

Did you miss the part where it was obvious in this post?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wild West Mafia - Day 1 [9/9] - No gold for the wicked ?
« Reply #241 on: October 17, 2011, 07:46:40 pm »

Native:
Diakron: If you're having trouble getting back into the groove, play a few BM games where you can ask for help and get back up to speed.

Regardless, my vote stays on you until either you can prove you're not scum or someone scummier slips up.
I don't like this.

After catching Diakron, you proceed to do little to no scumhunting for the rest of the day. There's more than one scum at this point, so why weren't you hunting while the first was pinned down?

How about instead of tunneling Shark (no, I'm not saying drop anything you might have), you take a look at everyone else?

And don't try to make anything up.
I didn't say I was trying to find something suspicious about shark. I've already re-analyzed all of Shark's posts and concluded that I can't really call him scum because most of the scummy things he's done could easily be a newb being confused about something or not knowing that it's scummy. So why are you even bringing it up?

Arathos:
Oppose Shorten

Just because someone claims scum doesn't mean we can't hunt for their partner in the meanwhile.

I'm going to have to reread this before I can make a case on the second scum; posting from my phone atm.
I like the intent of this post. However, you get 72 hours to figure it out and post some stuff. When you finally post a case it ends up being a massive contradiction. Instead of hunting the person who looks like the worst scum on the face of the earth(me), you go after someone you say is likely "newb town".

Thing is, if you know someone's a newb, why are you even asking him any of those questions? There are few things in that post could actually lead to you firmly believing that Shark is scum.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 17, 2011, 07:50:49 pm »

ebwodp:

Thing is, if you know Shark's a newb, why are you even asking him any of those questions? There are few things in that post could actually lead to you firmly believing that Shark is scum.
My Sig

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 17, 2011, 08:09:37 pm »

Native:
Diakron: If you're having trouble getting back into the groove, play a few BM games where you can ask for help and get back up to speed.

Regardless, my vote stays on you until either you can prove you're not scum or someone scummier slips up.
I don't like this.

After catching Diakron, you proceed to do little to no scumhunting for the rest of the day. There's more than one scum at this point, so why weren't you hunting while the first was pinned down?

Eh, after I caught him I got complacent, I suppose. But it also was a pretty busy week for me (you can check in other games I was in around that time if you really need to confirm it).

How about instead of tunneling Shark (no, I'm not saying drop anything you might have), you take a look at everyone else?

And don't try to make anything up.
I didn't say I was trying to find something suspicious about shark. I've already re-analyzed all of Shark's posts and concluded that I can't really call him scum because most of the scummy things he's done could easily be a newb being confused about something or not knowing that it's scummy. So why are you even bringing it up?

I wasn't saying that you were (though I see where you may have thought I implied it), what I was saying is that this entire day all it seems like you've been doing is tunneling Shark, and I don't like that. I brought it up because you've hardly given anyone else a glance and I'm curious as to your thoughts on the people you've seem to have forgotten about.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 17, 2011, 08:22:38 pm »

Sorry for not posting, I had a lot of schoolwork to do, and i'll be going to sleep pretty soon. Jim, I know you want some answers from me, but i'm actually pretty tired, I need my sleep x__x.

I'll be back in around 16 hours to post.
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 17, 2011, 08:33:15 pm »

I missed the part where saying something makes is still true eighteen hours later, and I most definitely missed the part where you continued to question Orangebottle, the person Shark was supposedly tied with for scumminess, after unvoting him.

That's about an hour and a half from day end. Extend.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 17, 2011, 08:42:17 pm »

I missed the part where saying something makes is still true eighteen hours later, and I most definitely missed the part where you continued to question Orangebottle, the person Shark was supposedly tied with for scumminess, after unvoting him.

A lot can not happen in eighteen hours. I didn't continue to question OB because it went nowhere, remember? Instead, I went back and tried to determine whether Shark was newbtown or newbscum. Something I mentioned as well, and I feel it's fairly obvious what my conclusion was.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 17, 2011, 08:49:24 pm »

That's about an hour and a half from day end. Extend.

Day ends on Wednesday.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 17, 2011, 08:51:06 pm »

...Wow. I went through this whole day thinking it was Tuesday. I am dumb sometimes.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 17, 2011, 09:18:03 pm »

Eh, after I caught him I got complacent, I suppose. But it also was a pretty busy week for me (you can check in other games I was in around that time if you really need to confirm it).
I'm trying to scumhunt you; it isn't my job to prove your defense valid.

So you're busy. Why wouldn't you tell us? You didn't say a word about it during the entire day.
You still post quite frequently, what with being busy and all. My problem wasn't with you lurking; it was with you not scumhunting.

I wasn't saying that you were (though I see where you may have thought I implied it), what I was saying is that this entire day all it seems like you've been doing is tunneling Shark, and I don't like that. I brought it up because you've hardly given anyone else a glance and I'm curious as to your thoughts on the people you've seem to have forgotten about.
Your exact words were,"Instead of tunneling Shark". How was I supposed to interpret it in any other way? And if that's what you meant, why didn't you say it in the first place?

As for my opinions(Genuine this time, not made-up shit):
Arathos is somewhat suspicious. I really don't like that he was hunting someone he thought was newbtown. I guess I'll have to wait until he gets in here and answers me. Until then, he's not looking very town.
Native, your day one actions don't really look like town actions to me. Sure, you ended up lynching scum on the first day. Kudos. But for most of the day, you just sat there not really hunting anybody. It's not what I expect from experienced players such as yourself. You're not very town either.
Imiknorris seems to be doing exactly what others criticized me for: hopping in and pointing shit out to look active. Specifically, here, here, and here if you want some proof.
I'd like to know why.
Jim? He's being Jim. That's probably the only valid opinion i'll ever have on him, too. There's a tiny bit of what looks like wine at the beginning of today, but other than that I can't find any real suspicions on him at this point.
Shark is a total scrub and my attack on him was a huge mistake that seems to have cost the town it's victory. My apologies in advance.
My Sig

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 17, 2011, 09:34:38 pm »

I'm trying to scumhunt you; it isn't my job to prove your defense valid.

So you're busy. Why wouldn't you tell us? You didn't say a word about it during the entire day.
You still post quite frequently, what with being busy and all. My problem wasn't with you lurking; it was with you not scumhunting.

And your argument isn't very strong, so I'm not going to through the effort of proving it to you.

If anybody cared enough that I wasn't doing much they'd speak up. Nobody did, so I didn't bother saying anything. I don't have a real strong need to cover my ass like that.

Yes, I post frequently, but they're small posts with little content, I had neither the time nor will to go through the effort of scumhunting. Nothing new was going to come out of D1.

Your exact words were,"Instead of tunneling Shark". How was I supposed to interpret it in any other way? And if that's what you meant, why didn't you say it in the first place?

As for my opinions(Genuine this time, not made-up shit):
Arathos is somewhat suspicious. I really don't like that he was hunting someone he thought was newbtown. I guess I'll have to wait until he gets in here and answers me. Until then, he's not looking very town.
Native, your day one actions don't really look like town actions to me. Sure, you ended up lynching scum on the first day. Kudos. But for most of the day, you just sat there not really hunting anybody. It's not what I expect from experienced players such as yourself. You're not very town either.
Imiknorris seems to be doing exactly what others criticized me for: hopping in and pointing shit out to look active. Specifically, here, here, and here if you want some proof.
I'd like to know why.
Jim? He's being Jim. That's probably the only valid opinion i'll ever have on him, too. There's a tiny bit of what looks like wine at the beginning of today, but other than that I can't find any real suspicions on him at this point.
Shark is a total scrub and my attack on him was a huge mistake that seems to have cost the town it's victory. My apologies in advance.

But I didn't say that is was suspicious things that Shark did that you were going back to look for, I was saying that you've been tunneling Shark and I would like you to do something other than that. Which you're doing now, kudos to you. Also, I did say that... by accusing you of tunneling, it's implied that you weren't looking at anybody else. That's kind of what tunneling is...

I don't like how you're "apologizing" in advance, all that is is wine.

You did, however point out something I missed.

Arathos: It's one thing to be tired, but to vote for someone you said was probably newbtown in the very same post? Come on. At the time, what made Shark a more likely candidate for scum than OB?

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 17, 2011, 09:49:30 pm »

I like the intent of this post. However, you get 72 hours to figure it out and post some stuff. When you finally post a case it ends up being a massive contradiction. Instead of hunting the person who looks like the worst scum on the face of the earth(me), you go after someone you say is likely "newb town".

So, we're back to this, are we?  I figured we were done harassing me about my big fuckup with voting shark when you said you understood me now[/quote].

You've admitted to making shit up to get Jim to stop questioning you; if that's not cracking under pressure I don't know what is.  You didn't hunt scum, you didn't convince him your case on Shark was worth pursuing (or really pursue a decent case on anyone), and instead resorted to just kicking up dirt in the hopes he'd eventually give up and go away.  That is the behavior of someone who is TERRIFIED of being lynched.

This bullshit with my misvote is just that: bullshit.  See, I expected people to say "What the fuck, McArathos" and make me explain myself.  I did.  You accepted my explanation.  Now, when the heat is on, suddenly it's suspicious again.  You're looking for a scapegoat to get the heat off you.

Thing is, if you know someone's a newb, why are you even asking him any of those questions? There are few things in that post could actually lead to you firmly believing that Shark is scum.

Really?  Asking him to explain his refusal to build a case, or why he is defending instead of scumhunting can't possibly lead to proof he's scum?

Demanding he explain why he's trying to guilt the town out of voting him with his "This could be MYLO, you can't lynch me" shit isn't attacking a scummy move?  (You've done the same thing, by the way, and gave less than satisfactory answers for it).

Wanting him to answer for the VERY scummy request that a vigilante reveal itself despite common sense making it clear this is only an anti-town decision isn't attacking him for scummy behavior?

Fuck that, Orangebottle.  I had plenty to get out of questioning him, and I got it.  He broke town, so I switched focus to you.

Arathos: It's one thing to be tired, but to vote for someone you said was probably newbtown in the very same post? Come on. At the time, what made Shark a more likely candidate for scum than OB?

I said already, I wasn't paying enough attention.  I made a list of candidates and some preliminary cases based on what I remembered from the day, and was originally voting Imiknorris.  Then I re-read, several times, and forgot to change my opinion of Shark.  My vote bounced from Urist to Jim to Shark in the course of rereading.  I'd voted him, but also felt Orangebottle and you were suspicious.  On another read-through, I didn't have much on you besides infrequent, low-content posts.  Those posts did seem productive and town, so it seemed pointless to attack you (hence why there was no attack on you; I'd deleted it for being pointless and baseless).  I meant to delete the color change before I hit "Post", and didn't.

Again, it's the only explanation I have for it; it was a big mistake, and I do expect to answer for it.  What I don't expect to do is have someone say "Okay, that makes sense", then turn around and say "It's scummy and I demand answers!" within a few hours of accepting my explanation.  That is why I believe Orangebottle is harping on it purely because he's cornered and he knows it.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 17, 2011, 09:51:55 pm »

Dammit, EBWODP:

So, we're back to this, are we?  I figured we were done harassing me about my big fuckup with voting shark when you said you understood me now.

You've admitted to making shit up to get Jim to stop questioning you; if that's not cracking under pressure I don't know what is.  You didn't hunt scum, you didn't convince him your case on Shark was worth pursuing (or really pursue a decent case on anyone), and instead resorted to just kicking up dirt in the hopes he'd eventually give up and go away.  That is the behavior of someone who is TERRIFIED of being lynched.

This bullshit with my misvote is just that: bullshit.  See, I expected people to say "What the fuck, McArathos" and make me explain myself.  I did.  You accepted my explanation.  Now, when the heat is on, suddenly it's suspicious again.  You're looking for a scapegoat to get the heat off you.

Really?  Asking him to explain his refusal to build a case, or why he is defending instead of scumhunting can't possibly lead to proof he's scum?

Demanding he explain why he's trying to guilt the town out of voting him with his "This could be MYLO, you can't lynch me" shit isn't attacking a scummy move?  (You've done the same thing, by the way, and gave less than satisfactory answers for it).

Wanting him to answer for the VERY scummy request that a vigilante reveal itself despite common sense making it clear this is only an anti-town decision isn't attacking him for scummy behavior?

Fuck that, Orangebottle.  I had plenty to get out of questioning him, and I got it.  He broke town, so I switched focus to you.

I said already, I wasn't paying enough attention.  I made a list of candidates and some preliminary cases based on what I remembered from the day, and was originally voting Imiknorris.  Then I re-read, several times, and forgot to change my opinion of Shark.  My vote bounced from Urist to Jim to Shark in the course of rereading.  I'd voted him, but also felt Orangebottle and you were suspicious.  On another read-through, I didn't have much on you besides infrequent, low-content posts.  Those posts did seem productive and town, so it seemed pointless to attack you (hence why there was no attack on you; I'd deleted it for being pointless and baseless).  I meant to delete the color change before I hit "Post", and didn't.

Again, it's the only explanation I have for it; it was a big mistake, and I do expect to answer for it.  What I don't expect to do is have someone say "Okay, that makes sense", then turn around and say "It's scummy and I demand answers!" within a few hours of accepting my explanation.  That is why I believe Orangebottle is harping on it purely because he's cornered and he knows it.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 17, 2011, 09:55:52 pm »

McArathos: Okay, ignoring the newbtown thing, can you answer the question? At the time, what made Shark a more likely candidate for scum than OB? Or was he never a more likely candidate?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 17, 2011, 09:59:00 pm »

I'd like to know why.

I would like to see where you're being criticized for "hopping in and pointing shit out to look active." I can't seem to find it, unless you think that pointing things out == making things up. I've also been questioning people on the things I've pointed out. If I find something that I think is suspicious, I am going to make sure that other people see it, and I am going to get an explanation for it.

As for your examples:
-I'm afraid I don't see how the first example is at all what you're talking about - I was agreeing with Jim that the second nightkill was probably a vig, and asking questions of you and Shark.
-The second post was an attempt to get Native to post - I occasionally check other players' profile pages and if I see they've been online recently, but haven't posted, I assume they were lurking until told otherwise.
-The third post should have had a bit more information - I was going to question Andrew about his position on musicalcakes D2.

What makes you think you can get away with threatening a town loss to avoid being lynched? You were even the one who pointed out that Shark was doing it. It's a scumtell, you know it is, and you did it anyway. You better have a damn good reason for it.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26