Advanced search  

Poll

What should I add next?

More magic.
More summons.
More encounters.
More civs.
Usable Mognet.
More loot! (Loot's already in for some monsters.)
Nothing, your mod's epic as it is right now.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Final Fantasy Mod v1.2  (Read 72346 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Final Fantasy Mod
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2011, 05:03:16 pm »

Also, should I ask to have my mod added to Community Mods and Utilities after the update is released? Seeing as it's about to be moved up from Minor Mods to Major, due to the content added, I'm thinking about this carefully.

They don't seem terribly picky about what makes it in so long as there's a decent amount of effort in it. Go ahead and ask, but I think it'd be fine.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2011, 06:27:41 pm »

Strange...I set Anima to be immune to her own blast. Anyway, since the release was delayed, an update:
Added some extra attacks to Shiva, Anima, Catoblepas and some other summons.
Depowered Sin. At least you now have a tiny chance of killing him.
Replaced refrences to the old Gods and Titans mod with refrences to Aeons, Espers, and Eidolons. Any summon from FFX will be refered to as an Aeon, any one from a game that uses Espers an Esper, and you know the last one. Any recurring or Ivalice summons will be refered to as summons.
Hm, might depower some of the espers.
Sin is supposed to be able to kill most of the summons. He was never meant to face any of them in direct combat, and he's so big, in FFX you fight his individual body parts as bosses. His only attack comes from the attack you get eliminated by if you don't weaken him in 16 turns in the battle on the Fahrenheit.

I actually ended up playing as a civilization of Alexanders. They were a heck of lot better than moogles by a long shot.

EDIT: The loot system will be tested with some iron weapon drops and coin drops for the shops in bigger towns. Some'll drop nice little novelties that fetch a heck of a lot.

Ivalice summons are referred to as either Espers or Eidolons, don't remember which right at the moment.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2011, 09:26:07 pm »

Strange...I set Anima to be immune to her own blast. Anyway, since the release was delayed, an update:
Added some extra attacks to Shiva, Anima, Catoblepas and some other summons.
Depowered Sin. At least you now have a tiny chance of killing him.
Replaced refrences to the old Gods and Titans mod with refrences to Aeons, Espers, and Eidolons. Any summon from FFX will be refered to as an Aeon, any one from a game that uses Espers an Esper, and you know the last one. Any recurring or Ivalice summons will be refered to as summons.
Hm, might depower some of the espers.
Sin is supposed to be able to kill most of the summons. He was never meant to face any of them in direct combat, and he's so big, in FFX you fight his individual body parts as bosses. His only attack comes from the attack you get eliminated by if you don't weaken him in 16 turns in the battle on the Fahrenheit.

I actually ended up playing as a civilization of Alexanders. They were a heck of lot better than moogles by a long shot.

EDIT: The loot system will be tested with some iron weapon drops and coin drops for the shops in bigger towns. Some'll drop nice little novelties that fetch a heck of a lot.

Ivalice summons are referred to as either Espers or Eidolons, don't remember which right at the moment.
Esper. checked the wiki
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2011, 10:41:30 am »

Hm....loot's being tested, with some dropping sterling silver coins and weapons. At the moment, there won't be novelties, but there will be when loots done.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2011, 05:50:34 pm »

No update today?

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2011, 06:40:39 pm »

No update today?
ive been compulsively checking for updates every hour or so myself. i know that feel
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2011, 10:31:08 am »

Update. :3
Loot system set up.
Adrammelech, Mateus and Belias added.
Slimes from Dragon Quest added as Easter Egg. :-P

Right, just fixing stuff here and there and the update should be out soon.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2011, 10:36:44 am »

Also, less work will be done on the current, large update because I do want to play on a fort where assasins control the nobility (i.e drown them in magma if they make a mandate for slade toys.) This doesn't mean much, since the update is nearly completed, only a few tweaks to Al Bhed and Tonberry.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2011, 12:27:17 pm »

Yeah, I'm kinda slowing down on the ideas side of things. Got hit with a pretty bad sickness that did me in for the week.

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2011, 02:59:26 pm »

well, we seem pretty ok with ideas for now. we can brainstorm for the next update. for now we can test (enjoy) whats new.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2011, 06:27:21 pm »

Yeah, I don't think anyone would mind having a test build to chew on if you're at that state.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2011, 05:19:05 pm »

Pushing for a release at Monday/Tuesday GMT at the latest.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2011, 08:57:37 am »

-begins countdown to update release-
Finally...the long awaited update is here! With Al-Bhed and Ronso to play with, and the Archfiends to battle. Just fixing a little problem with Cagnazzo then y ou lot can finally enjoy the update. Sorry it took so long, but all the suggestions were added...well, most were.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2011, 06:45:11 pm »

Wait so, is it coming out today then? :P

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2011, 10:38:02 am »

Roundabouts, yeah.

FINAL UPDATE:
Added Ronso.
Buffed most of the older megas. They were pathetic compared to the newer megas.
Added artifacts. You can find them on Antlions, Adamantoises, and pretty much most feral cactuar or nomad tonberries.
Removed the Metamorph Workshop. Returning when I can fix the glitch involving leather being unamed when converted from rock or wood. I wanted dog leather. :P
Removed Magitek Armor. Having problems modding the castes.

EDIT:NOOOOOOO! I have to leave. The update will finally be tomorrow. Only fixing small problems with Al-Bhed and Ronso.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:33:07 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23