Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge My Fist! A Martial Arts RTD! Turn 5!  (Read 6802 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge My Fist! A Martial Arts RTD! *Begun!*
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2011, 10:47:07 pm »

Ever had one of those times in your life where you start something you'll really enjoy, and then life decides to bomb you like you've got a target plastered on your face, denying you the chance to get to work on it until a week or two later?

No?

Me neither.

TURN 3: Poppa Rocks and Bacon Bits

Fujimora smirks and heads to a booth, signing up for the tournament. He then heads up to the second level.

[6] You sign your name on the list, the clerk happily accepting your application. The young woman informs you that you're one of every twenty fighters to be put on a special list, though she will not tell you for what. She also lets you know that until matches begin, all contestants are asked to remain on the first floor, as the stairways above are heavily guarded.

You're not quite sure if that means you're not allowed up there, or if it's a challenge to try to get up there.

Rush towards the temple to sign up for the tournament.

[3] In a rather boring adventure, you walk into the place to sign up. Unfortunately, it appears you're a bit late, as there is a massive line in front of you. You'll need to wait your turn, or find some sneaky way to the front. Or try and fight your way up, suicidal though it may be.

"I have not," Tarkaus replies, narrowing his eyes slightly. "Why, is the beast a dangerous foe?"

"No!" the man replies. "He stole my bowl of ramen!" He tells you that he desperately needs to find the beast, and his lunch, and hands you a slip of paper with his cell phone number on it. If you spot the beast, he begs you to let him know as quickly as possible.

Before you can question a word he's said, he's dashed off into the crowd.

FIGHT!

BATTLE COMMENCE!

WALDO VS. ROGER JR!!

INITIATIVE: [3] vs [11]

Roger wins the initiative! He charges in with a mad dash and delivers a swift jab. [8+1] vs [5+1] The blow connects! [4] The jab immediately breaks several of Waldo's ribs, knocking the poor soul head over heels as he goes flipping off into a few bystanders about twenty feet away.

Piega starts to Limber up. Preparation is key.

[5] You find your exercise regimen to be quite helpful, limbering you up considerably. You get the feeling that doing this just before a battle might be able to give you some serious bonuses in a fight. (Potential Move Discovered: Limber Up!)

Watch the fight for any clues on what the opposition is going to be like. Try to technique steal, because that's how we do things yes?

[3] You watch intently to see what the combatants do. The pig man begins with a deadly... wait a minute. He pulls out a laser gun and starts firing wildly at the orange man, who flails his legs about wildly as he tries to avoid the shots. The sun-shaped man starts sobbing and begging for mercy, as he just entered the tournament to get enough money to feed his children. The pig man, feeling sympathy for the crying man, kneels down and puts a hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

This is responded to by a frying pan smacking the pig man in the head, the orange man looking a few steps past utterly insane as he shouts "Tonight my kids are havin' BACON!"

You're not sure you want to learn any techniques from these two.

--PLAYERS--

Spoiler: Shinken (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fujimora (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waldo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  John Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarkaus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Piega (click to show/hide)

--ENEMIES--

Spoiler: Roger Jr. (click to show/hide)
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge My Fist! A Martial Arts RTD! Turn 3!
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2011, 10:59:22 pm »

Attempt to vibrate on a molecular level, phasing me out of sight. Waltz up to the second floor whether this works or not.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2011, 12:27:50 pm »

''Better sign on for the tounament'' I will use a secret technique, Asking people in the line to let you pass then letting them pass. Flawless.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2011, 05:08:03 pm »

Chat to the fellow line-waiters about heir fighting techniques and try to pick up some tips on how to fight better.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2011, 07:48:57 pm »

"I HAVE ONLY BEGUN TO FIGHT!"

Leap back into the fray with a daring stocking-cap smash!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2011, 05:55:08 pm »

Not one to back off from challenges, Tarkaus will seek out this great beast.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2011, 07:49:45 pm »

"O...kay then..." Go sign up for the tournament then.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2011, 08:03:32 pm »

TURN 4: HATS AND HAYMAKERS

Attempt to vibrate on a molecular level, phasing me out of sight. Waltz up to the second floor whether this works or not.

[6] In a move that manages to shock yourself and everyone around you, this attempt works perfectly. Everyone in the area loses sight of you while you use the technique. You can only keep it up for about three seconds before the effect ends, however. Regardless, you're certain you could learn to do it at will. (Potential New Move Learned: Molecular Vibration!)

As you try to march upstairs, you are halted by a man in some kind of iron-gray armor. He warns that no contestants are allowed upstairs yet, and if you want to try and get up there you will have to contend with him.

''Better sign on for the tounament'' I will use a secret technique, Asking people in the line to let you pass then letting them pass. Flawless.

[5] In a stroke of dumb luck, you manage to smooth-talk your way to the front of the line, and register for the tournament. All you have to do is find something to do while you wait.

Chat to the fellow line-waiters about heir fighting techniques and try to pick up some tips on how to fight better.

[4] You talk with an extremely rotund young man who explains that his family has learned how to control their body mass, expanding and contracting it at will. If you use it to control your density as well, it is in theory an excellent defensive technique. You don't really get a whole lot of what he's saying, but it's enough to start working on. (Potential New Move Discovered: Body Mass Manipulation!)

"I HAVE ONLY BEGUN TO FIGHT!"

Leap back into the fray with a daring stocking-cap smash!

TURN 2 COMMENCE

[20] vs [3]

Waldo's leaping cap-smack hits Roger Jr. upside the head, [6] practically KO'ing him on the spot as he is jackhammered into the dirt. The kangaroo fumbles about for a bit, barely able to get back up in time to use an attack of his own. He swings his fist a few times in a circle to charge up, before unleashing the MULTIGENERATIONAL HAYMAKER

[7+2+1] vs [14]

The behatted combatant is too strong, however, and manages to block the move. Roger Jr. is exhausted, and will be unable to attack next turn, and is thus highly vulnerable.

Not one to back off from challenges, Tarkaus will seek out this great beast.

[5] Tarkaus doesn't have to look far. Off in the food court section, a massive panda is sitting at a comically undersized bench, gingerly eating a bowl of ramen. Confusing as the sight is, you're more shocked that the clearly crazy man wasn't lying about the panda. The bear notices you, and eyes you curiously.

"O...kay then..." Go sign up for the tournament then.

[5] You do so posthaste, quickly signing up, and noting that the lines are dying down. Only a few more people need to sign up before it can begin.

--PLAYERS--

Spoiler: Firelordsky (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sinpwn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Talarion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mysteriousbluepuppet (click to show/hide)

--ENEMIES--

Spoiler: Roger Jr. (click to show/hide)
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2011, 08:52:46 pm »

Turn my body into the size of a ball and walk up to the sign-up sheet and sign up after returning to normal form.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2011, 08:55:07 pm »

Is there a waitlist? if so I'd appreciate being on it :)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2011, 08:55:46 pm »

Walk up to the great beast and point a finger not far from its nose. "You there. Did you steal that ramen?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2011, 08:59:43 pm »

it's probably the longest theoritical waitlist I've wanted to join, but I am. This looks really fun! Waitlist Please!

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge My Fist! A Martial Arts RTD! Turn 4!
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2011, 11:36:06 pm »

Challenge the man to a fight, but only if he agrees to take off the armor or give Fujimora a matching set.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2011, 12:42:24 am »

This looks fun! and !FUN! Waitlist me, if such a thing exists!
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2011, 02:45:11 am »

Wait for the tournament to start.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4