Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 803867 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2955 on: July 30, 2012, 06:04:36 pm »

Who will get the first turn, EmeraldWind? MagmaMcFry, who was the next in line? Will the turn list carry over or will we have a new one?
My assumption is that Eric will get the first turn, since he's starting it. My personal opinion is that carrying the list over is probably not a great idea, since there are as many people on it as took turns in the whole of Hellcannon.

Agreed. Also consider that 5 out of the 12 people carried over from Failcannon were skipped. Also, it would make sense in the canon, if we're going to make 4 a prequel. Call Battlefailed, Failcannon, and Hellcannon the original trilogy. Then, after we have 3 more forts, people can have senseless debates about which trilogy was better.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)
« Reply #2956 on: July 30, 2012, 06:44:35 pm »

Well, that was an awesome end.
And I'd like another pass at this saga, thus far it has been an awesome experience.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: July 30, 2012, 06:50:22 pm »

Who will get the first turn, EmeraldWind? MagmaMcFry, who was the next in line? Will the turn list carry over or will we have a new one?
My assumption is that Eric will get the first turn, since he's starting it. My personal opinion is that carrying the list over is probably not a great idea, since there are as many people on it as took turns in the whole of Hellcannon.

Agreed. Also consider that 5 out of the 12 people carried over from Failcannon were skipped. Also, it would make sense in the canon, if we're going to make 4 a prequel. Call Battlefailed, Failcannon, and Hellcannon the original trilogy. Then, after we have 3 more forts, people can have senseless debates about which trilogy was better.

So, in other words, Battlefailed was A New Hope?

I don't think there were enough Star Wars analogs. Also, Hellcannon was the one with ice, whereas The Empire Strikes Back had Hoth....

Your analogy is flawed, and you should feel flawed.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: July 30, 2012, 07:52:29 pm »

I don't think there were enough Star Wars analogs. Also, Hellcannon was the one with ice, whereas The Empire Strikes Back had Hoth....

Yeah, the analogy is pretty thin. But let's not insult each other, shall we? We are all madmendwarves here. I was mostly just poking fun at those who complain that the Star Wars prequels weren't as good as the original series.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: July 30, 2012, 08:23:14 pm »

Yeah, the analogy is pretty thin. But let's not insult each other, shall we? We are all madmendwarves here. I was mostly just poking fun at those who complain that the Star Wars prequels weren't as good as the original series.

Fair enough. We can all enjoy a little fun poking.

Juvenile insults aside, don't take anything I say too seriously. 90% of the time, I'm always poking fun at something.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: July 30, 2012, 09:39:29 pm »

So the demons finally figured out the pathing...

I'd like a turn in the next game, and if I'm not too late to claim one of the starting seven...?

Actually, the demons were practically lead around to the dwarves by the cats.

The pathing was so broke that the demons would standstill when they couldn't find a new target to kill, but the cats knew the layout of the fort better than even the dwarves apparently and were constantly leading the demons to the dwarves. With the exception of the couple of dwarves that made their way down where they shouldn't have gone.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: July 30, 2012, 09:42:28 pm »

It is clear now... the Foul One is a cat.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: July 31, 2012, 01:17:40 am »

So the demons finally figured out the pathing...

I'd like a turn in the next game, and if I'm not too late to claim one of the starting seven...?

Actually, the demons were practically lead around to the dwarves by the cats.

The pathing was so broke that the demons would standstill when they couldn't find a new target to kill, but the cats knew the layout of the fort better than even the dwarves apparently and were constantly leading the demons to the dwarves. With the exception of the couple of dwarves that made their way down where they shouldn't have gone.

Ahhh good point.

Given the way Ledi plagued the fort (on my turn, anyway) back in Failcannon, we should have known better than to trust her minions.  Her tiny, furry minions.

Spoiler: The Foul One... (click to show/hide)
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: July 31, 2012, 09:34:25 am »

But nothing so cute could possibly be evil!

Anyway, farewell, Hellcannon.  May flights of demons bring thee to thy rest.

I'd like a turn in the next fort as well.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: July 31, 2012, 11:01:02 pm »

Spoiler: The Foul One... (click to show/hide)

Oh My God! It's strangling Cthulhu!
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: August 01, 2012, 04:28:44 am »

Seems okay for everyone but me. :(

I'd like a turn in BF -2 please.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: August 01, 2012, 04:52:50 am »

And so it ends, the greatest(this WAS the greatest, right?) clusterfuck of our story. It had a good run, the ups and downs of this fort were amusing. I also find it amusing that the fort ended on the turn 24, and I'm on spot 24 in the next fort's turn list.

I am on that list, right? Because I totally want to have a hand on this thing again. I swear I'll fix even more things that will inevitably be broken and beyond repair!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: August 01, 2012, 07:16:56 am »

Because I was simply startled by the sheer madness of this place (and thus retreated to my more benign thread) I must ask: What was the cause of this epic to sink like a sack of bricks?

Demonic incursion, right?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: August 01, 2012, 07:20:55 am »

Because I was simply startled by the sheer madness of this place (and thus retreated to my more benign thread) I must ask: What was the cause of this epic to sink like a sack of bricks?

Demonic incursion, right?

Demonic incursion that figured out pathing because the traitorous cats led them to the dwarves.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 208