Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 228037 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #885 on: February 20, 2012, 11:42:33 pm »

Jaxler noticed the small pony behind him, the same one that threatened his life earlier. Jaxler was emotionally exhausted, had a stomach ache, and would probably haft to bludgeon a foal later on in the day.
"Did the alicorn send you..."

((I think glaze is his mother))
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:44:40 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 20, 2012, 11:46:12 pm »

"You should learn to watch you say. Yes Stiletto sent me to make sure you did as you were ordered."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 20, 2012, 11:51:25 pm »

"don't act like a tough guy to somepony who can beat the living snot out of you. I hope you realize that I about punched you in the face back there and to be honest I'd prefer it if I did."

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 20, 2012, 11:53:14 pm »

((I think glaze is his mother))

((I know, but is Glaze taken? I shouldn't do Granite's parents for obvious reasons. Someone else should do it. Not to sound mean or lazy.))

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 20, 2012, 11:54:12 pm »

"Um, can we all please calm down?  Another fight won't help anypony..."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 20, 2012, 11:55:53 pm »

"I just told you to watch what you say." I draw my axe again setting my hooves. "You don't have a place to talk, you're just a filly playing soldier. Now are you going to do as you've been ordered, or are you going to be making a trip to the hospital."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 21, 2012, 12:01:02 am »

You have no idea do you. I am not filly playing soldier. I was bucking drafted and everypony keeps on forgetting it. I'll talk when I please even if it gets me beaten or murdered, and if that's to much for you then just chop my head off right now and tell the alicorn I tried to attack you."

((no Glaze isn't taken but you might wan't to ask telgin to play her.))

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 21, 2012, 12:03:29 am »

"Can we all just stay calm? It's not like I'm about to face ultimate judgement for the day's previous events or anything... OH WAIT!"

((I agree with you on that. Hey Telgin? Can you play Granite's parents if your not busy? Sorry if this is informal or something.))

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 21, 2012, 12:04:18 am »

It disturbs me that this just became some weird roleplaying forum. I mean this is a person posting their game not equestria daily or whatever you guys call it now.

Sorry you feel this way.  To my knowledge only Glitterglen and Dawnpick have done any sort of roleplaying like this and they largely share a playerbase.  I hadn't intended for this thread to become heavy in RPing (not that I'm discouraging it, of course), nor do I suspect KingStrongbeard expected that to happen to Glitterglen.  Regardless, I'm happy that the players enjoy it enough to try and fill in the gaps between fort updates with character development.

This is still a Dwarf Fortress driven community fort at its heart.  If Toady has a problem with the way we're doing things here, I'm more than happy to discuss it and possible solutions with him.

Quote from: thetyler101
To tell the truth, not a big fan of rp myself.  I left Glitterglen because this crap got out of control. I just can't keep up with this crap! What the hell was wrong with journal entries? It was simple and easy to do and you didn't have to worry about refreshing the page every ten seconds!
You know what, screw it. I'm done. It was fun for a wile but this... no. I'm out.

Thetyler101 cancels role playing, rage-quitting

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry to see you go.  :(  I understand where you're coming from though, it's definitely not for everyone.  I'll keep Grapple around though if you ever decide to come back.  Or just do journal entries, I don't see anything wrong with that.

By the way, a new fort update will be forthcoming in a day or two.

As for what's going on right now, I can take over for anypony who needs to get involved.  If anyone wants Panacea, go get her.  I'm kind of lost at the moment, got like 3 things going on, is Granite currently with his parents?

-Edited to remove Virtue doing unnecessary stuff-
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:18:26 am by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 21, 2012, 12:10:42 am »

((I think that it's Flux Glyph Jaxler and Granite making there way to Virtue's office right now.))

"sorry Granite but I want to know if Mr. soldier pony has the guts." Jaxler then put his crossbow on the ground pointed his hoof right at his neck.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:23:46 am by jaxler »

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 21, 2012, 12:14:25 am »

is Granite currently with his parents?

((I think so, they're probably lagging behind Flux, with Jaxler and Glyph up front, and Granite is either being dragged behind Jaxler or on his back in chains. Because Stiletto had Glyph bring them and Panacea. Glyph probably has his parents following behind them.))

"Jaxler don't do this! If nothing else live so I can idolize you for a bit longer..." in a much quieter tone I add "I can steal some of his crap if you want... just throwing it out there."
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:17:32 am by L1wW »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 21, 2012, 12:20:24 am »

Disregard what I posted earlier.

Virtue is sitting in her office, trying to concentrate on her paperwork despite the growing noise outside.  What was going on, anyway?  If it didn't settle down in a moment or two she'd have to go find out for herself.  Hopefully nothing too serious.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 21, 2012, 12:22:43 am »

'Oh, this is bad.  Very very bad!  Wait, there's her office!'

I disengage from the group to pound on Virtue's door, hoping somepony in charge could diffuse the situation.

"Virtue!"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 21, 2012, 12:25:26 am »

"Oh really..." I slam my axe into the ground, and step forward. "If you want a fight I can oblige. Step away from the foal, I wont have him hurt because of your ego."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 21, 2012, 12:26:06 am »

Virtue sits up at the sudden pounding and bounds over to the door.  This must be bad...  She flings the door open, half expecting badger pony thieves to be killing everypony, only to find Flux and a gaggle of other ponies apparently ready to mob each other.

"What's going on here?!"
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 239