Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1800234 times)

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.5 - POLLS EVERYWHERE
« Reply #6645 on: August 31, 2012, 12:49:55 am »

@arclance I can't even see the buttons with that .ui and I'm visiting relatives. I'll have to play with it later. I think I might end up using cleanlooks or plastik so that it will look the same on all platforms. os x can render all of the styles fine (windows looks like windows 95 though).
@meph I couldn't find the download link, for those help docs you posted not long ago. Congrats on finishing your trip, that must have been an epic journey.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6646 on: August 31, 2012, 01:27:14 am »

Congratulations, that journey is mind blowing.  I can barely stand to make some of those routes by airplane.

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: August 31, 2012, 07:44:38 am »

Good job Meph, this is an amazing tour!

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6648 on: August 31, 2012, 07:47:58 am »

@arclance I can't even see the buttons with that .ui and I'm visiting relatives. I'll have to play with it later. I think I might end up using cleanlooks or plastik so that it will look the same on all platforms. os x can render all of the styles fine (windows looks like windows 95 though).
Yea, like I said it does not have enough contrast.
I have good eyes and I can barely see the buttons.
Since it works for you as well I will adjust the colors so the buttons stand out more.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6649 on: August 31, 2012, 10:39:12 am »

Okay I adjusted the theme colors to make it look better and to increase the button visibility.
You can download the mainframe.ui example here.
If you like it it is simple to copy and paste the pallet into any future version of mainframe.ui.
Here are some screenshots of what is looks like with different QT style settings.
Spoiler: Plastique (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cleanlooks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Motif (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CDE (click to show/hide)
I think Plastique looks the best.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 10:42:59 am by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

KaneAndTheHumanRace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6650 on: August 31, 2012, 01:57:47 pm »

I feel stupid asking this, and I've tried searching the thread to the best of my ability - how do I make book covers for the scriptorium?  The manual states leather and paper is needed (both of which I have), and the building guide says something about the tanner making bookcovers, I even see an option listed in the building guide.  My tanner doesn't have any bookcover option though.  v1.95 Masterwork.  I apologize if this question has already been answered, thanks for your input.

Also, on the stocks screen, what category is ink kept under?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6651 on: August 31, 2012, 02:15:04 pm »

The question is not answered in the old manual, because I removed bookcovers. You dont need them anymore. You can just write essays and books without them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6652 on: August 31, 2012, 04:08:10 pm »

Note to self:  Kill the Chosen One when it pops up.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: August 31, 2012, 05:29:43 pm »

Oh, I was wondering why things looked a bit odd. Masterwork is using an older version of Ironhand that doesn't have proper wheelbarrow and minetrack graphics. I'll try to see if I can get it to use the new tile graphic without breaking anything else in the process!

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: August 31, 2012, 05:41:29 pm »

Aha, aye. Seems to not have broken anything. Just needed to change the tile for the wheelbarrow and the minecart, and change the minetrack tile settings in d_init. Doesn't *seem* to have made anything else look wrong, though I'm early in the game, and won't be surprised if some mineral later looks very tracklike.

Flavio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: August 31, 2012, 07:02:02 pm »

This is a great mod, although I'm still learning the fine aspects of it.
I've encountered something strange, (I've changed the age a child turns an adult to 8) in my latest fortress a child arrived at the age of 8, when I checked the raws again to see if I hadn't messed up something by accident I've found several repeated tokens in the dwarfs raws. This could be the problem, or it doesn't affect anything?

Sarkovar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: September 01, 2012, 12:30:58 am »

Note to self: Firebird watch animals? Bad idea.
Me: FLAMING BABY FLAIL'S COMIN' AT YA DEMONS.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: September 01, 2012, 07:41:12 am »

Note to self: Firebird watch animals? Bad idea.
!!Steelclad Horse!!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6658 on: September 01, 2012, 06:07:12 pm »

Anyone else things that this scream to be added: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_king_(folklore)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: September 01, 2012, 06:12:36 pm »

Anyone else things that this scream to be added: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_king_(folklore)

I saw one of them in a jar at a museum. Freaky shit.
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 749