Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1800231 times)

Thudde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7380 on: November 05, 2012, 06:06:55 pm »

My experience with crashing seem to be related to invader races.  I reload before the crash and turn off an invader species or two.  Takes a couple guesses, but eventually I find the one causing the crash and continue on.   

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7381 on: November 05, 2012, 06:41:45 pm »

My experience with crashing seem to be related to invader races.  I reload before the crash and turn off an invader species or two.  Takes a couple guesses, but eventually I find the one causing the crash and continue on.

Yeah I experienced another crash not too long ago, despite abstaining from tree farming. I think it had to do with Dwarf Therapist however, but I may try your idea. Which particular invaders caused you problems?

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7382 on: November 05, 2012, 06:54:26 pm »

Me again; I installed the .Net framework (4, the latest version that works with Windows XP) a few days ago, and I've just started to try to actually get this thing to work instead of running the game from Dwarffortress.exe. When I start playing, the Masterwork Settings 1.9.5 does load, but with an error message as follows:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When I try to engage or disengage parts of the mod, I get messages that look like this:

Code: [Select]
ReadFile error. Cannot find file: \*.txt(* meaning the file relating to the button in question: the Simple Trees button says it can't find \plants_standard.txt for example, and buttons that deal with multiple files display the messages for each file; all buttons relating to the mod do that, save those under settings do that.)

With a second message that pops up after that one is removed.

Code: [Select]
Tried to save an empty file...
Anyone able to offer some help?

EDIT: You can't nest spoilers in this forum... good to know.

Tommy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7383 on: November 05, 2012, 07:54:15 pm »

Me again; I installed the .Net framework (4, the latest version that works with Windows XP) a few days ago, and I've just started to try to actually get this thing to work instead of running the game from Dwarffortress.exe. When I start playing, the Masterwork Settings 1.9.5 does load, but with an error message as follows:

[spoiler]Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core. Version=3.5.0.0.
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its
dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Try specifically installing .NET 3.5 - it should contain the missing libraries.  You can install it alongside other versions without issue.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:00:06 pm by Tommy »
HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER
Dwarf Fortress in a nutshell. It includes dead things, parties, and getting really excited over updates.

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7384 on: November 05, 2012, 08:01:45 pm »

[spoiler]Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core. Version=3.5.0.0.
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its
dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Try specifically installing .NET 3.5 - it should contain the missing libraries.  You can install it alongside other versions without issue.

Thanks Tommy, this worked. :D

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7385 on: November 05, 2012, 11:10:20 pm »

Just downloaded Masterwork, and I'm having trouble getting started.  As in, the worlds I generate don't seem to be showing up as playable, or even existing.  I'm not sure if it's failing to save them or what- any suggestions?

narical

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Archlinux x64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7386 on: November 05, 2012, 11:35:49 pm »

I've got things working, but there's another questions in line ))

- how to use python configurator? there's no new buildings in game, no premade embark profiles, and no graphics tileset. I prefer ironhand, but phoebus is a good deal too - how can I add all those stuff?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 11:37:30 pm by narical »

jaardichten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7387 on: November 06, 2012, 04:33:54 am »

Hi, first of all thanks for MW DF, the UI makes configuring life way easier.
Colors are a bit screwed, what can I do here?

Tileset is Ironhand and MASTERWORK COLOR is turned on. But as you see, there's brown AND black backgrounds in text areas. Can this be changed?

TIA
Michael

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7388 on: November 06, 2012, 08:18:34 am »

Downloaded Masterwork and I have to say that I love it. There's so much content in it that it feels like I'm playing a different game altogether.

Just wanted to ask, are mages that get their power from slabs still a work in progress? They seem buggy in that that they are attacked by their own minions. (For example infernomancers being attacked by flaming zombie corpses.) Also, corpses raised as a warlock with necromancy in adventure mode are aggressive towards you.
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

nopeasants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7389 on: November 06, 2012, 09:36:37 am »

@ Meph
       You should start a wiki and encourage fans to add stuff to it or something (Yes I know there's one already, but it doesn't really say much more than the manual). It's a really great mod and all but the built in manual doesn't really give much information about the "inside" and it's kinda tedious to ask every little question you have on the forums and then wait a couple of hours for an answer. Not saying that you have to do it now, but just saying you should consider it, it would really help a lot

This^^^

Beenoc

• Bay Watcher
  • To live, one must first be born.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7390 on: November 06, 2012, 11:00:25 am »

For some reason, none of the mod's features are working for me, except for the fact that ore smelts into coarse iron. Seeing as I can't build a Crucible, this is not very helpful. :P I was able to get everything to work in the past, and I have all the options set to YES in the options, but still no stuff. But still, this is a great mod. It menaces with spikes of win and is decorated with oval epic cabochons.
This is a dwarf. It is decorated with dwarfiness and menaces with spikes of Brit. Engraved on the dwarf is an image of a dwarf digging a hole. This relates to the digging of a hole by Honeydew the dwarf in 2011.

I was the deceased vessel through which dark magick was done and Necrothreat III was created from the ruins of my old forum posts: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118805.0

Thudde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7391 on: November 06, 2012, 05:33:48 pm »

I finally tried out the advanced leather types but have a problem.  When you boil leather with oil to make hard leather, you start with a piece of leather and a jug filled with oil.  When complete you have a piece of hard leather and a jug filled with "liquid".  I really don't want to make a new jug for each reaction.  Am I (yet again) missing something?

Thudde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: November 06, 2012, 05:55:33 pm »

OK, I think I figured it out.  In the raws for boiling leather you see this line.  If I understand it, it says there is a 90% chance that the reaction will create a misc liquid that matches reagent "B".  Unfortunately there isn't a reagent named "B".  Change the "B" to "oil" and it seems to work.

[PRODUCT:90:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:B:NONE][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:oil container]
   YESDUST[PRODUCT:20:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:STENCH][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7393 on: November 06, 2012, 06:43:20 pm »

Hi, first of all thanks for MW DF, the UI makes configuring life way easier.
Colors are a bit screwed, what can I do here?

Tileset is Ironhand and MASTERWORK COLOR is turned on. But as you see, there's brown AND black backgrounds in text areas. Can this be changed?

TIA
Michael

The phobous tileset allows you to use it's included tweak program to fix that problem. With Ironhand it will require some hand tweaking. Look for df/data/init/colors.txt
This will let you tweak the background to match the text background. You can also toggle on/off truetype fonts, or edit the tileset file by hand in a graphics editor to have it's colors better match.

@ Meph
       You should start a wiki and encourage fans to add stuff to it or something (Yes I know there's one already, but it doesn't really say much more than the manual). It's a really great mod and all but the built in manual doesn't really give much information about the "inside" and it's kinda tedious to ask every little question you have on the forums and then wait a couple of hours for an answer. Not saying that you have to do it now, but just saying you should consider it, it would really help a lot

This^^^

The next version will have a better manual (so says meph) but don't hold your breath on the wiki. It always sounds like a good idea but lags behind the game and always ends up wrong and out of date. Meph has tried it a few times in the past with poor results, and currently has little interest in trying again.

I've got things working, but there's another questions in line ))

- how to use python configurator? there's no new buildings in game, no premade embark profiles, and no graphics tileset. I prefer ironhand, but phoebus is a good deal too - how can I add all those stuff?

New buildings are unfinished, premade embark profiles nonexistant, tileset changing does is unfinished, so tilesets are not included yet. If you want all that stuff you will need to go back to 1.9.5, the alpha is unfinished.

Downloaded Masterwork and I have to say that I love it. There's so much content in it that it feels like I'm playing a different game altogether.

Just wanted to ask, are mages that get their power from slabs still a work in progress? They seem buggy in that that they are attacked by their own minions. (For example infernomancers being attacked by flaming zombie corpses.) Also, corpses raised as a warlock with necromancy in adventure mode are aggressive towards you.
OK, I think I figured it out.  In the raws for boiling leather you see this line.  If I understand it, it says there is a 90% chance that the reaction will create a misc liquid that matches reagent "B".  Unfortunately there isn't a reagent named "B".  Change the "B" to "oil" and it seems to work.

[PRODUCT:90:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:B:NONE][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:oil container]
   YESDUST[PRODUCT:20:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:STENCH][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
For some reason, none of the mod's features are working for me, except for the fact that ore smelts into coarse iron. Seeing as I can't build a Crucible, this is not very helpful. :P I was able to get everything to work in the past, and I have all the options set to YES in the options, but still no stuff. But still, this is a great mod. It menaces with spikes of win and is decorated with oval epic cabochons.

@ above three. Which version are you using? The alpha of the next version is written from the ground up from scratch, and therefore does not share the same code base. They are completely separate and we need to know which you are using to help!

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7394 on: November 07, 2012, 09:13:46 am »

Thoughts on whether a steel battle axe or a copper runic battle axe will be more effective?  Assuming same quality level. 
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 749