Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 721027 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #1905 on: February 14, 2012, 09:40:31 pm »

I hope my prediction that people will burst out of the woodwork to vote against Santorum comes true. I cannot imagine my college years being filled with Santorum jokes.

Santorum is surging after riding high on three polls... I had to do it.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: February 14, 2012, 09:41:22 pm »

The religious right loves Santorum. Everyone else is scared of him, including some of the conservatives. If he gets nominated it'll kill the GOP's campaign this year.

Now, granted, Ron Paul is going to spin off like he always does when he runs and ensure Obama gets re-elected anyway, but Santorum being nominated will just make it worse.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: February 14, 2012, 10:07:40 pm »

By the way, I completely forgot, but Maine held its primary today.  Mitt Romney "won" by 194 votes over Ron Paul, as already certified and sanctified by the Maine state Republican party.  Even though three counties turned in zero votes because of various weird circumstances, one precinct had more ballots than voters, and at least one other county had electronic results significantly differing from exit polls, wherein a Romney appointee was in charge of transferring paper ballots to the computer system.

So yeah, that happened.  OP to be updated.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: February 14, 2012, 10:14:47 pm »

By the way, I completely forgot, but Maine held its primary today.  Mitt Romney "won" by 194 votes over Ron Paul, as already certified and sanctified by the Maine state Republican party.  Even though three counties turned in zero votes because of various weird circumstances, one precinct had more ballots than voters, and at least one other county had electronic results significantly differing from exit polls, wherein a Romney appointee was in charge of transferring paper ballots to the computer system.

Gee, that's subtle.

...where's that sarcasm marker, again?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: February 14, 2012, 11:34:03 pm »

I...what. Cannot comprehend such corruption so openly...something. ARGH!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: February 14, 2012, 11:42:40 pm »

S'kind of amusing how little confidence these so-called supporters have in their candidate, if they feel they have to cheat the system to try to get the win. Honestly, it's quite insulting to the person you're nominally supporting.

Assuming it's not a double-blind or something.

But anyway, yeah. Here's hoping they get all this corruption out of their systems before an actual election goes down. I'm just kinda' glad the primaries don't actually directly put anyone in a position of power at this point. Of course, the fact that there's so much shit stirring going down for something that doesn't really matter, well...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1911 on: February 15, 2012, 03:58:31 am »

Does the Maine Republican Party even have to listen to the polls?

There's got to be some kind of loophole where they could just send a bunch of people that ("officially" or not) would vote for Romney/whoever.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: February 15, 2012, 07:45:13 am »

I've seen all the major debates, but as a Brit I dont get bombarded with american news, hows the race going?

Romney still in for a easy win?

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: February 15, 2012, 07:51:03 am »

I've seen all the major debates, but as a Brit I dont get bombarded with american news, hows the race going?

By as much as he wants too apparently, scary stuff
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: February 15, 2012, 09:23:54 am »

Easy? Probably not. Win? Still pretty likely IMO. Remember that with American political coverage, every day's outcomes distort the overall picture. Heisenberg would be proud of America. Right now everyone is again talking about Santorum as an actual threat to Romney.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: February 15, 2012, 10:21:22 am »

Easy? Probably not. Win? Still pretty likely IMO. Remember that with American political coverage, every day's outcomes distort the overall picture. Heisenberg would be proud of America. Right now everyone is again talking about Santorum as an actual threat to Romney.

Yeah I was surprised how quickly peoples opinions changed in favor of santorum. It's almost as if voters don't know what the hell they're doing  :P

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: February 15, 2012, 10:33:27 am »

Not so much that they don't know what they're doing as they don't really have any candidates they can truly support, so they're looking for somebody to pop out of the mix and become a rallying point. Problem is, they've had multiple rally point candidates, all of whom then invariably shoot themselves in the foot by playing grabass (Cain), looking like a deer in the headlights (Perry), reminding people that they're an utterly abominbale human being (Gingrich...twice), or just coming across as utterly batshit insane (Bachmann, and Santorum to some extent).

I think Santorum actually has a bit more of a shot than his predecessors on the Bartertown Wheel of GOP candidates. He has a lot less baggage when it comes to personal issues, and while he comes across as utterly batshit insane to *us*, he looks like a good, diehard Christian conservative to the base. And they're convinced that the silent majority of voters in the US are secretly Christian conservatives too, who are just too intimidated by the Great Liberal Establishment to speak their minds.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: February 15, 2012, 11:35:53 am »

I wish to join this "Great Liberal Establishment". How do I get in? Is there a membership fee?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: February 15, 2012, 11:36:48 am »

I wish to join this "Great Liberal Establishment". How do I get in? Is there a membership fee?

REJECTED, you have to be a figment of conservative unthought. You exist, thus we dont like your kind around heee

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: February 15, 2012, 01:41:27 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOaCemmsnNk&feature=player_embedded

I watched that and thought it mostly true.

And i'm fairly sure that is why he got fired.
May the mass times acceleration be with you
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 714