Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 720667 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #7485 on: October 30, 2012, 04:32:21 pm »

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: October 30, 2012, 04:44:49 pm »

Anyone else watch that and think "And.....?" a lot?  He's saying these things that are just vague statements about the world that may or may not be true and is just waiting for his audiences knee jerk hatred to fill in the gaps.  Find the right audience and the world is your oyster.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7487 on: October 30, 2012, 05:05:39 pm »

I love how he compares a storm effecting millions of Americans as being on the same level as an attack on an embassy halfway around the world as if they're the same level of event. Um...not really, guy. One is a huge disaster that's causing billions in damages. The other was a tragic loss of life, including a prominent diplomat, but hardly counts as a national disaster.

I really don't see the President treating this storm more urgently as being anything other than sound prioritization.

The problem is that, unlike the president, many American voters have jingoistic priorities rather than reasonable priorities.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: October 30, 2012, 05:20:59 pm »

Also fits in the storm and WTF threads, but...
Bush’s FEMA Director During Katrina Criticizes Obama For Responding To Sandy Too Quickly

That is absolutely stupid.

Not only was Bush FEMA completely irresponsible about Katrina, but it was part of what made Bush's approval plummet.

Why the hell would Obama, of all people, do the same?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7489 on: October 30, 2012, 05:23:09 pm »

As an honorable man Obama is obligated to act as stupid as his counterparts lest he give himself an advantage in the election.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7490 on: October 30, 2012, 05:33:03 pm »

As an honorable man Obama is obligated to act as stupid as his counterparts lest he give himself an advantage in the election.

NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7491 on: October 30, 2012, 05:34:01 pm »

That image macro makes no sense at all.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7492 on: October 30, 2012, 05:41:53 pm »

It's funny, though.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7493 on: October 30, 2012, 06:12:18 pm »

That image macro makes no sense at all.

What do you mean? Seems to make sense to me. Quality advice from a man we can all look up to in these tough times.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:14:19 pm by GlyphGryph »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #7494 on: October 30, 2012, 06:17:35 pm »

You don't understand.

Obama being evicted from office is the right thing. There for the right course of action for Obama is the course of action that would dramatically drop his approval rating and cost him the election. And screwing up this hurricane as badly as Bush screwed up Katrina would do that.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: October 30, 2012, 07:00:47 pm »

The Republicans seem to be running a new ad as of today. It can be summarized as follows: "Money, Money, World Domination, Money".

Say a couple of things about the economy, then they say that America isn't as powerful as it used to be, then they go back to the economy.

I don't even doubt the truth of the things they're saying, regardless of the amount of spin in the ad demonstrates the repellancy of the people who made it because it demonstrates, (ironically more clearly than any of the ads paid for by the Democrats) that the Republicans don't care about anything other than money and power.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:03:10 pm by Bohandas »
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7496 on: October 30, 2012, 07:34:35 pm »

The Republicans seem to be running a new ad as of today. It can be summarized as follows: "Money, Money, World Domination, Money".

Say a couple of things about the economy, then they say that America isn't as powerful as it used to be, then they go back to the economy.

I don't even doubt the truth of the things they're saying, regardless of the amount of spin in the ad demonstrates the repellancy of the people who made it because it demonstrates, (ironically more clearly than any of the ads paid for by the Democrats) that the Republicans don't care about anything other than money and power.

Money, money, money, money...

Money, success, fame, glamour...

Ar ar ar ar ar!
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: October 30, 2012, 10:05:08 pm »

Less powerful? We have sky fleets of flying death robots... Sure, Iran was able to steal one, but that's probably a solvable problem. If the military gets desperate they can start pouring money into quantum entanglement communication, which they'll have to do anyways once quantum computers are usable for cryptography (in order to still have secure communications).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7498 on: October 31, 2012, 03:38:44 am »

The Hurricane was caused by the Milwaukee Independance Brigade. To draw all eyes away from them while they setup shadow governers in the Heartland.

You hear about them? No? It means they were successful. They won't let you remember anyway.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7499 on: October 31, 2012, 11:06:33 am »

Less than a week out from Election Day, the polls have flatlined (mostly because many polling organizations took a bit of a sabbatical due to Hurricane Sandy). But even state-level polls conducted well away from the disaster seem to be solidifying. The smart money is on a popular vote that will be extremely close or may even pan out for Romney, but an Electoral College result that will wind up around 295-243 in favor of Obama.

Nate Silver is still projecting Obama at a 77.4% chance to win, a better result than he's had in weeks. While GOPpers are choosing to focus on the national polls, they're ignoring the reality of the Electoral College. Cue the rants of "broken system" and "stolen election" and "illegitimate Presidency" for the next four years.  ::)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 714