Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 721145 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #7680 on: November 01, 2012, 09:40:38 pm »

tiny children saying "Politics make me sad.
That was not newsworthy.  :P
True. But it's more exciting than this ass-load (did we ever come to a metric system for buttock loads?) of horseshit.

Not too bad, thanks Descan :)
That's good! :D It's always nice to be not bad! :3

come to think of it, I think this inherent flaw is due to the fact we seem to enjoy debating. as a result, when someone comes along...

well, the debate causes masses of page space being taken up.
True, this is certainly... true.

@: Nadaka: Weather was better down there it seems, than up here. Wanna trade weather? It's perfect "stay indoors" weather, and I had nothing to do today... so... >->
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7681 on: November 01, 2012, 09:42:04 pm »

ummm... well...

has anyone blamed Obama for the hurricane yet? not the effects, the actual hurricane?
http://www.ibtimes.com/hurricane-sandy-caused-homosexuals-president-obama-evangelist-preacher-john-mcternan-says-855933

Well I guess he needed a bit of help from the gays.
Wait, Romney's pro-homosexuality? News to me.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7682 on: November 01, 2012, 09:43:19 pm »

So then, any thoughts on Bronco Bomma? Does the President's secret Seal Team 6 callsign have any bearing on the election? What about the revelation that it was in fact Obama who SHOT OSAMA IN THE FUCKING EYE?

/blatantlies

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7683 on: November 01, 2012, 09:43:40 pm »

Kon just posted again. This is the test. I hope I have managed to bring the thread of American Politics back to sanity.

God be with us.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7684 on: November 01, 2012, 09:43:49 pm »

Did it also wildly inflate government spending in several key areas?
Were there even net spending cuts at all? Completely discount the whole "decrease income" bit, just - did it even actually cut spending at all?

I don't recall exactly.

[...]

And what is the President's plan for cutting spending?

I, at least, wasn't saying anything about the President. Just disagreeing with the notion that he proposed a plan that would balance the budget... eventually. (If you don't increase income, and you don't decrease spending, and you aren't currently balancing the budget, it's not going to happen)

I'm pretty sure people didn't think it was 'extreme' in the way you implied. Rather, his methodology for a achieving what amounted to non-balanced budget was extreme. If I proposed to balance the budget by exploding orphans, I think one could quite reasonably be considered extreme. However, I don't think you could say it "obviously [...] did not go far enough.".

Again, there was the progressive caucus plan that went much further and actually DID balance the budget, but it clearly wasn't considered "extreme" by the liberals.

It just seems like a really nonsensical argument against the Democrats, anyway.

Also, there was a report posted TWICE since you showed up that effectively made the argument that tax cuts don't help the economy - you don't even NEED to google that!

There is a big difference between static scoring of budget plans and dynamic scoring of budget plans. Shall I google that for you?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7685 on: November 01, 2012, 09:44:21 pm »

So basically Kon has been grandstanding for what, six pages or so of bullshit? Yeah, I'm out. Not enough aspirin in the world.

Please point out the bullshit. Or not.

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7686 on: November 01, 2012, 09:45:21 pm »

ummm... well...

has anyone blamed Obama for the hurricane yet? not the effects, the actual hurricane?

I'm pretty sure Obama said it was Bush's fault.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7687 on: November 01, 2012, 09:46:15 pm »

No, I don't think we will, Konny.

But yeah, Romney not anti-gay? I have to read this damn article. That's kind of crazy.

Not that he's pro(?) gay. But that he'd be willing to actually SAY that now-a-days.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7688 on: November 01, 2012, 09:47:22 pm »

So basically Kon has been grandstanding for what, six pages or so of bullshit? Yeah, I'm out. Not enough aspirin in the world.

Please point out the bullshit. Or not.

The last six pages has been pointing out bullshit.  The issue is that you don't see it as such.

Also, if you're going to post in my thread, I'm going to ask that you take the time to combine your quotes into one post instead of firing one off for every individual thing you have to say.  If your response is "but people keep posting so I have to respond again", then it may be time to take a step back and recollect.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7689 on: November 01, 2012, 09:47:37 pm »

Yeah, I'd like a source on Romney holding a pro-homosexual view. I don't trust crazy pastors.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7690 on: November 01, 2012, 09:48:39 pm »

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if a desperate troll suddenly cried out in desperation and was suddenly slapped down...

Yeah, I'd like a source on Romney holding a pro-homosexual view. I don't trust crazy pastors.
Why not? If they're crazy, they're more likely to buck the fundie paradigm for giggles.

3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: November 01, 2012, 09:49:52 pm »

Ohhh. I thought it was Romney responding to this crazy pastor. Not the pastor putting words in the Rominators mouth.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: November 01, 2012, 09:50:02 pm »

Romney did endorse civil unions back in the 90's, but these days he has someone holding his leash.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7693 on: November 01, 2012, 09:50:32 pm »

Romney did endorse civil unions back in the 90's, but these days he has someone holding his leash.
Kinky.

3. Run Resize Enable

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7694 on: November 01, 2012, 09:50:46 pm »

Can we talk about something else? We don't need to talk to any tom, dick or harry that pops in here saying "HAHAH LULZ YOU ARE TEH STUPIEDS!" We're allowed to ignore them and say, "How's the weather, Aqizzar?" or "How you doing, Kai?"

What we really need is to have a rule on page 1 that says we aren't allowed to argue with such people.  Then when they appear people just start quoting the rule en masse.  Continue quoting until they stop feeding the troll.

I think people feed the troll because they feel a need to be right.  The quote spam would help soothe people's wounded pride.  It would serve to remind them that we've all seen the trolls before.  We know how this story ends.  Remind them that this is so common that we need a procedure for it and maybe they'll feel the need to stop feeding the troll.

These all happened, I guess.

2^15=32768.  That are far, far more then 32k binary events in the world.  So it's not the slightest bit unusual that there aren't plenty of coincidence like these that correlate to the results through random noise for 15 straight elections.  Some of them don't even do that well.

Take the poll of the kids for example.  Well it's basically a very noisy poll.  But a very noisy poll could actually predict a large number of elections very easily.  Many elections are blowouts: 2008, 1996, 1988, 1984, 1980, 1972, 1964, 1956, 1952 would all qualify in my book.  A poll would need to be pretty flawed or very unlucky to miss any of these.  And they are more then half of the elections in the postwar era.  So while it might seem like the kids getting the right result is impressive, 6 of those results were blowouts.  The kids only predicted 4 competitive elections correctly.  Winning 4 coin tosses isn't anything to write home about.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 714