Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 717564 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #8730 on: November 07, 2012, 07:43:29 am »

Well he does have Troll in his name, maybe he is a damn joke?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8731 on: November 07, 2012, 07:45:58 am »

Well after you see that the alternative universe you lived in doesn't exist the only thing to do is attack the denzians of the real universe.

In other news, Randal Monroe wins in Randal Monroe fashion: "As of this writing the only thing 'razor-thin' or 'too close to call' is the gap between the consensus poll forecast and the result." I for one welcome our new algorithmic masters.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8732 on: November 07, 2012, 07:46:18 am »

Well he does have Troll in his name, maybe he is a damn joke?

Jokes are funny, hell, Louis C.K is the funniest man in the universe, but calling my parents, your parents, a child on food assistance, and a military veteran all parasites in the same statement goes beyond hilarity and into the personally upsetting department. I'm tired of conservatism being annihilated by reactionaries with backwards logic.

*and* I missed 4:20 rageposting. Damnit.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:48:30 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8733 on: November 07, 2012, 07:48:31 am »

Yeah, the guy even has "I'm hungry" as his little phrase there. Kinda obvious link to baiting for troll-feed. Still, it's important to call the obvious bullshitter out on obvious bullshit - you never know who's actually going to buy into it and genuinely agree with the rediculous statements, then go on to spread them around. That's how you get shit like this slowly becoming the norm. Someone's gotta point out that it's actually complete crap, or else people start believing it. Also, regular trollers are fucking retards, to put it mildly. They deserve the scorn, and much more. Not many things piss me off (christ, I've worked with fucking paedophiles and rapists without problems), but regular trollers are the ones who get my hatred. Little shits. Grrr. They undermine fucking everything.

Also, this is the first time I've EVER looked at Fox news. I would actually think it was the Onion if I didn't specifically search for it. Wow, you guys are in trouble, aren't you?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:53:48 am by Agdune »
I'm Mr. Cellophane

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8734 on: November 07, 2012, 07:51:12 am »

Well, he needs to rest from all the China work he does in his important job in China where he's a big success. He has no time for defending his strawmen! He has WORK to do man!

When a guy accuses me of being a parasite in a country that I don't live in, I should just nod and pretend I live in America? I've got an IP Address and mods have tracert so do it. How insane that you've made my location into a big deal.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:53:43 am by Trollheiming »

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8735 on: November 07, 2012, 07:59:04 am »

Eight or nine thirty is pretty early to go to sleep for a thirty year old, too.

Actually, I'm just tired of being shouted down rather than anyone reasonably agreeing that new spending ought to be frozen when you've got a $16 trillion debt. It's late, and I'll go to bed in due course, but I'm leaving earlier than I strictly have to, if I were strapped to this chair. You got me there.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8736 on: November 07, 2012, 08:00:16 am »

I keep hearing that the US is in massive debt. Anybody know who your in debt to?

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8737 on: November 07, 2012, 08:02:03 am »

Trollheiming, Mictlantecuhtli, you know I hate being a mod, right? I'm as likely to shitpost as anybody here, if not more so, but I feel bad. You guys are getting personal grievance all over Aqizzars thread that he put so much into, and he is a pretty cool guy.
The idea was to laugh at Obama and Mittens doing this stuff, not getting into it ourselves.

The early part of this mess did actually get me thinking, again, that Republicans and Conservatives each need their own party.  More, and more, I see them compromising each others' ideals for the sake of defeating Democrats.  Liberals are, likewise, stuck with Democrats.  I don't even know what the Democratic Ideals currently are.  It gets drowned out by everything else.  I suspect they are, perhaps, not ideological at all.

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8738 on: November 07, 2012, 08:07:05 am »

When a guy accuses me of being a parasite in a country that I don't live in, I should just nod and pretend I live in America? I've got an IP Address and mods have tracert so do it. How insane that you've made my location into a big deal.

I'm not the one who used it what, 3-4 times without anyone asking? You act as if you're the only one who knows anything about the world, because, why, you lives in the chinas and is practically the CEO of the chinas! Hurp-dee-doo! Strawman strawman, indignance, derision!

Of course, the irony of living in one of the last remaining communist states (if you actually do, don't really care either way) and saying that the USA should fix its problems by dragging its bloated, heaving carcass further to the right and replicating nothing of the incredible economic success of said communist country is a brilliant arguing position. I bet you know all the science, why, you even have the IPs to prove it! Wow computers! You has all the solutions, just look at your china career!

Actually, I'm just tired of being shouted down rather than anyone reasonably agreeing that new spending ought to be frozen when you've got a $16 trillion debt. It's late, and I'll go to bed in due course, but I'm leaving earlier than I strictly have to, if I were strapped to this chair. You got me there.

Such a pity. The quality of discussion certainly flew skywards with each of your contributions, well thought out and reasonably presented as they were ('parasites' being, y'know, the most reasonable and sensible term you could possibly have used, for example). Oh if only the silly lefties on the forums were smart enough to take insults, derisive terminology and completely unwarranted arrogance without personal offense! When will they learn?! It's almost completely surely their fault that you got 'shouted down', not because you were baiting for said abuse from the outset.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 08:16:44 am by Agdune »
I'm Mr. Cellophane

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8739 on: November 07, 2012, 08:13:26 am »

I am suspecting troll more and more. Most arguments are fallacies, and most fallacies are Straw Men.

Plus
How insane that you've made my location into a big deal.

When it is clear that Agdune was actually pointing out that you (Trollheiming) have attempted to do exactly what you are accusing him (Agdune) of doing already.

Plus
Actually, I'm just tired of being shouted down rather than anyone reasonably agreeing that new spending ought to be frozen when you've got a $16 trillion debt

"Rather then"? As if the only other choice to shouting you down is to agree with you. When someone says something like this, it raises suspicions that they believe they are just right. No one can argue agains't your points apparently, since there is only agreeing with you, or shouting you down.

Also, playing the victim.

Republicans and Conservatives each need their own party

I agree. It is clear there is a divide between the two. However, the US system is a virtual 2 party system. Any attempt to split in half would most likely result in one half sliding into obscurity.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8740 on: November 07, 2012, 08:16:41 am »

I agree. It is clear there is a divide between the two. However, the US system is a virtual 2 party system. Any attempt to split in half would most likely result in one half sliding into obscurity.
Can it be republicans? From what I can gather, they are more evil right wing, right?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8741 on: November 07, 2012, 08:18:22 am »

Republicans and Conservatives each need their own party
I agree. It is clear there is a divide between the two.

See: Me & Troll.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8742 on: November 07, 2012, 08:19:12 am »

See: Me & Troll.
Who is conservative and who is republican? I came in a little late...

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8743 on: November 07, 2012, 08:24:48 am »

Actually, that's something I hadn't really realised until lately; you guys primarily use a FPTP system, don't you? Is it like that across the board? Because I'm starting to suspect that's pretty much why you're so completely saddled with a two-party system; 3rd or 4th tier parties just can't exist in a FPTP system. Like in Australia; we effectively have 3 major parties (technically 4) to pick from, and even if one's a complete minority in the parliament, they still have some voice in parliament or the senate at least.

...Actually, wait, do we use a FPTP system? Shit, I have to figure that out.
I'm Mr. Cellophane

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8744 on: November 07, 2012, 08:25:40 am »

I think you use MMP.

In the US, it's FPTP all the way.
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 714