Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 720932 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread - It's Over
« Reply #8955 on: November 07, 2012, 05:47:19 pm »

Heh...CNN has an article about Republicans wanting to move to Canada. I think they'd be in for a rude awakening. (Well, okay...it's Canada, so maybe a polite awakening) :P

Okay, that's just stupid.

I heard Democrats threatening to flee to Canada if Romney was elected. I actually considered the idea.

If the Republicans want to flee to any place where their kind still reigns supreme, they'll have to tolerate a pretty dismal standard of living. I almost feel bad for them - what can you do when you're a conservative in the most conservative country in the first world and you want to leave? You go to the second world, of course. Russia must be nice...
Russia has the highest number of Robber-barons Billionaires of any country. They'd probably enjoy it if not for the Russians.

The ones who hate gays could move to anywhere in Africa (or Jamaica)... if they're willing to settle for living with [entering right-winger simulation mode] NEGROES!

Your right wing simulation mode is either inaccurate or made a spelling error.
Fixed.

This is relevant.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:49:29 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8956 on: November 07, 2012, 05:53:58 pm »

Pretty sure Toady only cares about "bad words" like nigger if there's actual malice attached.

Words are just words, you know.
Words are powerful. Words can do what a man alone cannot. Words have the power to command armies, inspire peoples, save refugees, execute rebels, genocide races, end nations. Words are the power of the many, and spread knowlede of you, your intentions, and other things you wish to convey. Therefore your words must be chosen with care.
Splitting hairs perhaps, but IMO it's the meaning behind those words that have the power you speak of. Words themselves are just arrangements of symbols, be they letters or syllables. But the meaning we give to them, the concepts we define them to convey... that has power.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8957 on: November 07, 2012, 05:59:54 pm »

Pretty sure Toady only cares about "bad words" like nigger if there's actual malice attached.

Words are just words, you know.
Words are powerful. Words can do what a man alone cannot. Words have the power to command armies, inspire peoples, save refugees, execute rebels, genocide races, end nations. Words are the power of the many, and spread knowlede of you, your intentions, and other things you wish to convey. Therefore your words must be chosen with care.
Splitting hairs perhaps, but IMO it's the meaning behind those words that have the power you speak of. Words themselves are just arrangements of symbols, be they letters or syllables. But the meaning we give to them, the concepts we define them to convey... that has power.
If you want to get specific, you are nothing but a interesting collection of organic compounds, pressing molded plastic sending electric signals aross the planet to me to read in various colors decoded by the eye. Happy?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8958 on: November 07, 2012, 06:01:43 pm »

If you want to get specific, you are nothing but a interesting collection of organic compounds, pressing molded plastic sending electric signals aross the planet to me to read in various colors decoded by the eye. Happy?
Indeed. Because since I am "happy", I transcend those things and become something greater than the sum of my parts.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8959 on: November 07, 2012, 06:02:53 pm »

Yep!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8960 on: November 07, 2012, 06:03:57 pm »

Indeed. Because since I am "happy", I transcend those things and become something greater than the sum of my parts.
No, it is Dopamine. Feel the Dopamine. Enjoy it. No that there are poor republicans, out there right now!, who have none.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8961 on: November 07, 2012, 06:17:12 pm »

Heh...CNN has an article about Republicans wanting to move to Canada. I think they'd be in for a rude awakening. (Well, okay...it's Canada, so maybe a polite awakening) :P

I heard Democrats threatening to flee to Canada if Romney was elected. I actually considered the idea.

If the Republicans want to flee to any place where their kind still reigns supreme, they'll have to tolerate a pretty dismal standard of living. I almost feel bad for them - what can you do when you're a conservative in the most conservative country in the first world and you want to leave? You go to the second world, of course. Russia must be nice...
Russia has the highest number of Robber-barons Billionaires of any country. They'd probably enjoy it if not for the Russians.

The ones who hate gays could move to anywhere in Africa (or Jamaica)... if they're willing to settle for living with [entering right-winger simulation mode] NEGROES!

Fixed.

Sounds like Obama.

That's because it is Obama.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8962 on: November 07, 2012, 06:26:47 pm »

Fixed.

Sounds like Obama.

That's because it is Obama.

An out-of-context soundbite from "Dreams from My Father", apparently.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8963 on: November 07, 2012, 06:47:19 pm »

That is a great audiobook right there, especially out of context.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8964 on: November 07, 2012, 07:12:16 pm »

That is a great audiobook right there, especially out of context.

Yeah... any book with the incumbent president dropping racial slurs on a regular (but sparse) basis is naturally going to be abused.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #8965 on: November 07, 2012, 07:15:52 pm »

Apparently, Gary Johnson's run was one of the libertarian parties most successful in history.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gary-johnson-ran-most-successful-libertarian-campaign-party-193500973--politics.html
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8966 on: November 07, 2012, 07:18:12 pm »

He may have received only about 1 percent of the national vote,
That's...special.

Coincidentally, I wonder what percentage that Vermin Supreme time-waster earned.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8967 on: November 07, 2012, 07:33:42 pm »

So, I think we should all write in someone unexpected for next election.  Say, Nate Silver maybe?  Just for funsies?  It would be really funny if A: it got media attention and B: if he somehow actually won.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8968 on: November 07, 2012, 07:35:06 pm »

So, I think we should all write in someone unexpected for next election.  Say, Nate Silver maybe?  Just for funsies?  It would be really funny if A: it got media attention and B: if he somehow actually won.
No. Vote for me. Everyone vote for me. Nate Silver will just point he can't win florida and we'll forget about him. I don't need logic.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8969 on: November 07, 2012, 08:21:59 pm »

Apparently, Gary Johnson's run was one of the libertarian parties most successful in history.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gary-johnson-ran-most-successful-libertarian-campaign-party-193500973--politics.html
Jill Stein was voted for by quite a few people at my college, but then my college is almost ludicrously left-leaning, and I have no idea what her national numbers were.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 714