Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 720927 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread - It's Over
« Reply #8940 on: November 07, 2012, 05:10:09 pm »

@ Shadowlord: Aw dammit, quit responding to troll posts. Now he's just gonna come back and we'll have ANOTHER 20 pages D:

Talking about Trollheiming there, not necessarily the others
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8941 on: November 07, 2012, 05:11:23 pm »

For wanting assistance from the federal government. In Randian objectivism, charity from the rich and corporations is good, but government is bad.

Also, we finally have an answer to an important question: Is Nate Silver A Witch?

Yes, but he's our witch.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8942 on: November 07, 2012, 05:15:38 pm »

Also, we finally have an answer to an important question: Is Nate Silver A Witch?
Nate Silver made a great Tweet in response to right-wing pundits insisting that the election was too close to call.
http://twitter.com/fivethirtyeight/status/264472108732665856

I wonder if they'll still be arguing that the polls are skewed and that his numbers are meaningless in 2016, in spite of his 99% correct record.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #8943 on: November 07, 2012, 05:20:46 pm »

Where did all these posts come from! I'm going to just respond to three four. I assume Trollheiming is sleeping now, since I didn't see any MODERATOR ACTIONS posted in the thread (and I read all the posts I had missed, which took... almost an hour, way more time than I should have wasted).

I think Trollheiming is dead. The Chinese government probably found out that he was corresponding on a website with an anarchist bent and had him whacked.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: November 07, 2012, 05:22:08 pm »

Heh...CNN has an article about Republicans wanting to move to Canada. I think they'd be in for a rude awakening. (Well, okay...it's Canada, so maybe a polite awakening) :P

Okay, that's just stupid.

I heard Democrats threatening to flee to Canada if Romney was elected. I actually considered the idea.

If the Republicans want to flee to any place where their kind still reigns supreme, they'll have to tolerate a pretty dismal standard of living. I almost feel bad for them - what can you do when you're a conservative in the most conservative country in the first world and you want to leave? You go to the second world, of course. Russia must be nice...
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: November 07, 2012, 05:23:27 pm »

Heh...CNN has an article about Republicans wanting to move to Canada. I think they'd be in for a rude awakening. (Well, okay...it's Canada, so maybe a polite awakening) :P

I heard Democrats threatening to flee to Canada if Romney was elected. I actually considered the idea.

If the Republicans want to flee to any place where their kind still reigns supreme, they'll have to tolerate a pretty dismal standard of living. I almost feel bad for them - what can you do when you're a conservative in the most conservative country in the first world and you want to leave? You go to the second world, of course. Russia must be nice...
Russia has the highest number of Robber-barons Billionaires of any country. They'd probably enjoy it if not for the Russians.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: November 07, 2012, 05:27:30 pm »

Russia has the highest number of Robber-barons Billionaires of any country. They'd probably enjoy it if not for the Russians.

The ones who hate gays could move to anywhere in Africa (or Jamaica)... if they're willing to settle for living with [entering right-winger simulation mode] NEGROES!
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: November 07, 2012, 05:28:54 pm »

The ones who hate gays could move to anywhere in Africa (or Jamaica)... if they're willing to settle for living with [entering right-winger simulation mode] NEGROES!

Your right wing simulation mode is either inaccurate or made a spelling error.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: November 07, 2012, 05:33:36 pm »

I went for the much less offensive of two offensive options.
I'm afraid that I would get warned if I posted the full-strength "n-word".

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: November 07, 2012, 05:34:38 pm »

Fixed.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: November 07, 2012, 05:40:12 pm »

Pretty sure Toady only cares about "bad words" like nigger if there's actual malice attached.

Words are just words, you know.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: November 07, 2012, 05:41:31 pm »

Yes, but the old playground rhyme is false. They do have the power to hurt if used carelessly or maliciously.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: November 07, 2012, 05:41:49 pm »

Fixed.

Sounds like Obama.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: November 07, 2012, 05:44:42 pm »

Yes, but the old playground rhyme is false. They do have the power to hurt if used carelessly or maliciously.
'Course :)

I reference that rhyme as an example of bullshit all the time, heh.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: November 07, 2012, 05:46:59 pm »

Pretty sure Toady only cares about "bad words" like nigger if there's actual malice attached.

Words are just words, you know.
Words are powerful. Words can do what a man alone cannot. Words have the power to command armies, inspire peoples, save refugees, execute rebels, genocide races, end nations. Words are the power of the many, and spread knowlede of you, your intentions, and other things you wish to convey. Therefore your words must be chosen with care.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 714