Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1280543 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #5790 on: October 17, 2015, 05:36:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I feel like I already yelled at you for this kind of attitude.
The only way you'll get to be as good as these insanely skilled people is by drawing. It's like grinding in an MMO.
Now make more arts for me to look at or you're fired. >:|
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 05:44:59 pm by Egan_BW »
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: October 17, 2015, 05:44:12 pm »

I feel like I already yelled at you for this kind of attitude.
The only way you'll get to be as good as these insanely skilled people is by drawing. It's like grinding in an MMO.
This too.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: October 17, 2015, 06:11:24 pm »

Well now, that's some hella painting you got going there! Also, nose mode engaging: the nose is a bit long. :U
I suspect that this might be why the chin is shorter, since the distance between nose and mouth is absolutely perfect otherwise. Secondary nitpick for glory: Neck is a bit too long. And for the final and absolute smallest nitpick i have yet to make this year: The eyes are ever so slightly misplaced in relation to the source.

However, i think it's only fair that i also highlight some things that i really like. You absolutely NAILED the hair, almost down to the last wayward lock, and the shirt is looking mighty fine too.
Thanks for the comments, man! I've overlooked all those issues when I was drawing the sketches - I should check the accuracy of the proportions more next time.

EDIT:
I really should stop sharing my art on this thread.
The actual artists who matter I guess?

Check out this great video by Matt Kohr.
More important motivational stuff can be found here in the section "Theory and Mindset".
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 06:22:55 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5793 on: October 17, 2015, 08:20:02 pm »

That was actually good to watch. I needed to hear that. Especially with my freelancing, and the feeling of being overwhelmed with certain tasks that discourage me, like logo design and such (or making an overall style for companies (stationery, business cards, brochures and the like)), and comparing my skillset with the final products of others that have done their work. On the plus side, it's mostly boring office crap I work with helping produce, so at least it's no big deal; but you know how companies roll.

I think when I applied for classes, I should've taken a Graphic Arts degree, instead of Graphic Design. Oh well, at least there are tutorials to learn some neat tricks I can apply. Personally, I want to be paid for having fun (art for art's sake, and for myself, more than others). Not making crap for other people.

EDIT:
Thank goodness I'm a US resident then. But still, don't underestimate the ego of an asshole with money to spare.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:25:23 pm by Itnetlolor »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: October 17, 2015, 08:23:06 pm »

Itnetlolor...I'd think that if you were in the US, the whole "independent creation" thing in copyright would cover your rear, legally, because you quite obviously didn't intentionally copy someone's work.  Of course, if you're not in the US, that's probably not quite true, and either way I'm no lawyer...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:24:45 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: October 17, 2015, 08:47:40 pm »

Might I recommend scaling it up in your image editor, rather than on the forum? This would probably look beautiful if it wasn't so blurry.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: October 17, 2015, 08:49:56 pm »

Might I recommend scaling it up in your image editor, rather than on the forum? This would probably look beautiful if it wasn't so blurry.
...Yeah.
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: October 17, 2015, 09:03:59 pm »

Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: October 18, 2015, 02:01:41 am »

This is unfinished but since I was told to put it up....

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: October 18, 2015, 02:54:41 am »

Oh gosh that penguin hood is adorable. I love your style, Cinder.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5800 on: October 18, 2015, 05:04:06 am »

Finished, probably.

E: whoops, thanks NJW.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 06:14:16 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: October 18, 2015, 05:17:50 am »

Finished, probably.
~
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 06:13:57 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: October 18, 2015, 06:12:11 am »

Some update.Though its a tad big so we cant see all the details.Also , it may look a shuttle , but its an actual transport ship.

Feedback , appart from the part that its missing furnitures and its crappy pixel art?
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: October 18, 2015, 06:38:32 am »

Feedback , appart from the part that its missing furnitures and its crappy pixel art?

I've been in Abu-Dhabi airport once (on my way to Singapore), it was a palace of luxury in the middle of the desert, with large expanses of desert everywhere around it as far as eye could see.

This pic kinda reminds me of it because of how large the expanses of nothing are on the both sides of spaceport. Pretty cool.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5804 on: October 18, 2015, 06:41:31 am »

It's very flat, and the image is very large for what it contains. I'd suggest expanding the image as you work rather than starting with a massive canvas. Also, there seems to be a lot of dirt with nothing actually there, which is basically the same problem.

For Cinder, and everyone else thinking about giving up:

The ceramics teacher announced on opening day that he was dividing the class into two groups.
All those on the left side of the studio, he said, would be graded solely on the quantity of work they produced, all those on the right solely on its quality.
His procedure was simple: on the final day of class he would bring in his bathroom scales and weigh the work of the “quantity” group: 50 pounds of pots rated an “A”, 40 pounds a “B”, and so on.
Those being graded on “quality”, however, needed to produce only one pot — albeit a perfect one — to get an “A”.
Well, came grading time and a curious fact emerged: the works of highest quality were all produced by the group being graded for quantity.
It seems that while the “quantity” group was busily churning out piles of work-and learning from their mistakes — the “quality” group had sat theorizing about perfection, and in the end had little more to show for their efforts than grandiose theories and a pile of dead clay.

— Art and Fear - David Bayles and Ted Orland

Draw stuff! Even if you think it's crappy stuff.

Also, looking at some 'draw it again' artworks can be really inspiring. For instance, this is from an artist I follow on tumblr:

Three years isn't that long, but the difference is astounding. Don't give up, even if you think you're producing absolute shit (which, specifically aimed at Cinder, you aren't). I couldn't draw at all two years ago. I'm still not that good, but I'm a hell of a lot better than I used to be.

* Arx puts the profanity back in the cupboard.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 845