Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282563 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #810 on: March 08, 2013, 12:09:06 am »

Moar sprite! This one's intended to be General Leo, again with more armor than his original incarnation. Tried to take light elements from European armor under the coat with some stereotypical-samurai-style shoulder things atop it, can't say how well I've succeeded here. 'S all fantasy armor, anyway, so functionality and resemblance to the genuine article is less important than visually evoking the idea of it. I've been looking at some actual stuff and do need to fiddle around with the shoulder armor, since I didn't use a reference at all, but I'll handle it with the rest of my revisions.

And embiggened:

Something feels a bit off, but I'm not sure what it is. Probably to do with the posture. I've never had to deal with that before, but this is educational. I spent well over half the time I did on this fiddling with the legs.

EDIT: Oh, and he's black. I have absolutely no idea what color his skin is canonically supposed to be, so I just went with my own headcanon since I didn't want to make it some sort of gray-purple-brown.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 01:46:25 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 08, 2013, 08:36:10 am »

Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 08, 2013, 02:38:09 pm »

Revision!

EDIT: Wait, one of his legs disappeared "mysteriously". Give me a moment to fix that.

There were never any missing limbs, what are you talking about >______>

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:42:58 pm by Bauglir »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 09, 2013, 04:02:09 pm »

And here it is, hope it helps :D

Thanks! That's actually a huge help, just having a reference to how a good artist goes about his business.

I combined two things I animated/drew:

I've been fiddling around in Autodesk Maya, so I angled the camera to make it look like you're looking over a ridge, rendered the frame, and Photoshopped in a Jopax-style mountain I'd made for practice.

EDIT: I just realized that the grass didn't have shadows for some reason, but I looked around and found out what was wrong, re-rendered it, and here it is again.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 06:09:05 pm by Araph »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 09, 2013, 06:12:16 pm »

That boulder needs some work.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 12, 2013, 04:05:40 pm »

Going well! Consider painting up the 3D bits to bring them in line with the mountain, doesn't have to look realistic as long as the style is unified.

Anyways, been trying to do a nice piece for TGJ but just couldn't get it right at all, the image in my head and what I put out were very different and I just couldn't see how they would become the same. So I fire up UNKLE and go for a mech doodle, something I haven't done in a while I guess (atleast not digitally). Some 40-ish minutes later :
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 12, 2013, 07:15:13 pm »

I done drawed a nebula.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also Jopax that is awesome
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #819 on: March 12, 2013, 09:05:06 pm »

hot damn

HOT

DAMN

Such awesome things! Lovely shiny nebula! Pretty as fuck mech doodle!! You say that took you 40-ish minutes? Well have a look at what i get out of an hour.

Basically a dudebro requested a raccoon. I can't draw raccoons. It turned out... Ok-ish? Definitely need to learn how to draw fur though.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 13, 2013, 04:33:10 am »

It looks like a mutant chameleon to me X)

And you're doing stuff with a mouse after all, it's bound to take long (gonna have to dig up some of my old works with the mouse to show just how terrible I was at first).

And the nebula is pretty cool but it could use some more defined shapes, check out this dudes gallery for some cool images :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 13, 2013, 04:37:53 am »

Hey, pixel art, just in time for my pixel art!

A fellow of mine. I usually don't draw necks on pixels: I'm making an effort to do so now.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 13, 2013, 06:15:58 am »

And the nebula is pretty cool but it could use some more defined shapes, check out this dudes gallery for some cool images :D

This is the bane of my existence. I can't seem to get sharp, defines shapes and lines without it looking absolutely retarded. Any tips?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 13, 2013, 04:04:39 pm »

Here is the completed piece I posted the sketch of a little while ago:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:12:54 am by Vactor »
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 13, 2013, 07:37:46 pm »

About this thingy: all the assets (aside from the magic glow) were taken from the .bsa files from Skyrim, converting to .obj files with NifSkope, and put together in Autodesk Maya. I had to re-rig the character model, which sort of works. I need practice with rigging. Fortunately, UV maps were exported from NifSkope with the models, which made it easier. The swirly glow was done with Maya's fluid effects thingy.

Fun fact: you know the character models in video games? They usually don't come in one piece. At last, though, the Dovahkiin has been cobbled together from a head, hair, robes, hands, halves of boots, and the upper part of a torso. He may be poorly rigged; he may have a face that would scare small children; his skin may be the color of freeze-dried squash; none of that matters. He's ready to take on (or get eaten by) dragons.

Fus ro dah, motherhubbards.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 845